• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Brumbies 28th June ANZ Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there is only 1 or maybe 2 years left out there. There is no way out of the situation.

I was told end of next year. You're right, they have taken the cash so there probably isn't a way out without returning the money plus more in penalties etc.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Pftzy - that wasn't helpful

I disagree. It felt marvellous to write so helped me enormously :)

Contract ends next year, but they'll keep an option to play a final there no doubt.

As Tina says, the only solution is to support the organisation, point out the things you don't like, and move on. Voting with your feet doesn't help in this case; Australian rugby can't afford it.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Pfitzy you're on shakey ground. you will end up having a rest from the site if you continue to abuse other members. no matter how good it makes you feel.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Unlikely, it has been brought up with the organisation & if I recall correctly it was mentioned at the fan forum a few years ago that they understand that it's not a good idea.
Logistically it's a annoying for the game day staff, they have to cart everything there & back again as there is no storage there.

At the end of each season the members get to fill in a survey & all the members I know always voice their opinions about Homebush as a venue. I don't think any ever say it's a good venue.
I was right with you,until you inferred they took notice of anything at the fan forum!

Reactions: BPC

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
What does Tahs forums and shitty viewing have to do with the brumbies hammering the Tahs this weekend

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using Tapatalk

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Hammering the Tahs?
Have you not been paying attention this year?
I actually don't blame for taking your eye off the ball,it's hard work watching the Brumbies this year isn't it?
the Brumbies are making less breaks than the Tahs when Foley was in charge.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Hammering the Tahs?
I actually don't blame for taking your eye off the ball,it's hard work watching the Brumbies this year isn't it?
Made enough to beat you guys..

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
That's the difference,we're looking forward,and you guys are looking backwards.

It's still nice for you to be able to say you beat the champs mid season.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Unlikely. There is far more interest for a Test Match in eastern Sydney than there is for a Waratahs game in Western Sydney.

If the Tahs got 20,000 it would be the biggest crowd of the year - according to austadiums, the attendances have been as follows:

Sun 23/02 v Force @ SFS- 15,785
Sat 01/03 v Reds @ Homebush - 17,580
Fri 21/03 v Rebels @ SFS - Unknown
Sat 19/04 v Bulls @ SFS - 15,773
Sat 03/05 v Hurricanes @ SFS - 17,221
Sun 18/05 v Lions @ SFS - 19,639

The Lions game points to the potential for decent attendance in the last two weeks. The Brumbies game, even at Homebush, potentially decides the top of the Australian conference. The Highlanders will hopefully still be in contention when we face them a week later at the SFS in order to see if the kiwi fans will still come out.

After the Wallabies series, I'm hoping for 30k at Homebush this weekend. I'll be there, perhaps with the wife and kids in tow.

30,000 would be an interesting number of attendees. I never said I expect to see 45,000 people at a Tahs game, 30,000 would be fantastic! ;)

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
FYI Groucho I have deleted Pfitzy's offending post, agree it crossed the line. I deleted yours as well because it's best we keep discussion here strictly game-related.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
That's the difference,we're looking forward,and you guys are looking backwards.

It's still nice for you to be able to say you beat the champs mid season.
Ha Smug Tahs fan.. pride before the fall. Brumbies by 14.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Pftzy - that wasn't helpful and isn't in keeping with GAGR.

Better snipe this one too mods. I don't like being referred to in the broader context of the negative term "unhelpful". My poor little soul is in crisis!

:cool:

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Better snipe this one too mods. I don't like being referred to in the broader context of the negative term "unhelpful". My poor little soul is in crisis!

:cool:
That's very unhelpful

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Hammering the Tahs?

And yet the Brumbies have scored more tries against teams in finals contention than the Tahs have.

Status
Not open for further replies.