• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Brumbies, SFS Saturday 26 July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Interesting this year that I don't think the Tahs suffered a single training incident that resulted in loss of game time? And very few game injuries too

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
ABC Radio Grandstand reported last night that Henry Speight was out for possibly the rest of 2014, with a torn hamstring, is that factual, or will we get to see him at Cbus Super Stadium, Robina on September 13th?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hats of to the Ponies supporters in the bay behind the posts.

1 bay of Ponies supporters, lead by Ruckus Crew and the Barebacks made more noise than the other 36 thousand supporters combined.

To have any chance of winning next week, we need to multiply the Ruckus Crew effect 40 times, and get behind our team properly.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)

1 bay of Ponies supporters, lead by Ruckus Crew and the Barebacks made more noise than the other 36 thousand supporters combined.

To have any chance of winning next week, we need to multiply the Ruckus Crew effect 40 times, and get behind our team properly.
We were pretty good weren't we? I thought it was just me that thought the Tahs fans were a little subdued. Pretty proud of our boys last night. A lot of chances went missing, and while I won't blame the ref, I think it's pretty clear that Jaco just ain't up to the big matches.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

There are two factors at play:

1) the Ruckus guys were coordinated

2) the Tahs fans are fucked as a group because so many of them appear to be embarrassed to make any noise

It was great last night, but only in comparison to every other game this season.

Still quite disappointed that no one would join in when I got started. There are a bunch of cod-mouthed old pricks in that crowd and even the young ones are soft.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
ABC Radio Grandstand reported last night that Henry Speight was out for possibly the rest of 2014, with a torn hamstring, is that factual, or will we get to see him at Cbus Super Stadium, Robina on September 13th?

i wonder if the tahs fans near me that where on their feet cheering that he was injured are happy he's out of the wallabies

Interesting view from Clyde

Clyde Rathbone
20 mins ·

Back in my day rugby was much tougher, faster, more skillful and far more entertaining than the rubbish dished up by the current lot.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
There are two factors at play:

1) the Ruckus guys were coordinated

2) the Tahs fans are fucked as a group because so many of them appear to be embarrassed to make any noise

It was great last night, but only in comparison to every other game this season.

Still quite disappointed that no one would join in when I got started. There are a bunch of cod-mouthed old pricks in that crowd and even the young ones are soft.
There was only a small amount of Brumbies fans that were from the Ruckus Crew. Face it, maybe Canberrans aren't quite as boring as you like to think they are. I had to laugh at the earlier comment re the immense atmosphere. Any atmosphere was due the opposition not the home team.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

At times they were bloody loud, but overall, the crowd was pretty vocal, and I think you're doing the other 36,000 or more a disservice. The orthodoxy that Tahs fans make no useful noise did not apply last night.
Great support from that group for the Brumbies, and the players rightly showed their appreciation.
The cheers from the crowd when Alofa and Beale scored were huge.
A big improvement from the past, and the fans from both sides made it a great event.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
i wonder if the tahs fans near me that where on their feet cheering that he was injured are happy he's out of the wallabies

Interesting view from Clyde

Clyde Rathbone
20 mins ·
Back in my day rugby was much tougher, faster, more skillful and far more entertaining than the rubbish dished up by the current lot.
If so, that sucks. I am happy to say that around us, everyone was collectively groaning when he went down, for obvious reasons. I hope it's more a 6 week thing, not months.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Everyone around me gave a great round of applause for Speight when he hobbled off. I certainly didn't witness any poor fan behaviour near me at that point.

prost8

Frank Nicholson (4)
Yep as a brumbies fan you tah's fans better lift next week or the crusaders will flog you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjw

Larry Dwyer (12)

Not from where I was seated on halfway. Tahs fans were behind the boys all the way.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
At times they were bloody loud, but overall, the crowd was pretty vocal, and I think you're doing the other 36,000 or more a disservice. The orthodoxy that Tahs fans make no useful noise did not apply last night.
Great support from that group for the Brumbies, and the players rightly showed their appreciation.
The cheers from the crowd when Alofa and Beale scored were huge.
A big improvement from the past, and the fans from both sides made it a great event.

The cheer for Skelton as he moved back into position after Foley's try was like nothing I have ever heard at the SFS.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
OK

My musings

For the Tahs:

Great aggressive defence, the ponies were continually being smashed behind the advantage line. The first two tries were a direct result of the defensive pressure

I don't understand why we weren't rewarded more for this, but I haven't watched a replay yet

The defensive mauling was excellent as well, they may have been dumb enough not take the points, but they didn't look like scoring either by driving over

In attack the Tahs were getting through the advantage consistently, but due to field position and lineout issues, too often we couldn't leverage the pressure

The Brumbies:

Why didn't they take the points?

It was a f*ckin final

White was well within range for many, Lilo well, should have been replaced as kicker

The only attack that really looked dangerous was kick receipt with a bad Tahs chase

The crowd:

Immense, simple immense, just a great atmosphere

Status
Not open for further replies.