• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Highlanders, semi-final, Saturday 27 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
Dunno, work issues meant I was at home, so just guessing. My money is still on Joubert!

But short of one apparently controversial decision he wasn't biased. The Tahs were just under a lot of pressure and so conceded plenty of penalties.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
62% territory. 100% lineouts and scrums on own feed. Didn't lose the physical battle in the forwards. Aaron Smith. The tactics were perfect and the execution was really good. Great game from the Highlanders.

The Tahs could never build any sustained pressure, territory/possession/scoreboard. For the first two minutes of the second half they were headless chickens. In fact, what was their game plan? It wasn't discernible.

Reckon the Wobs have to pick Hooper at 6, Pocock at 7. Lethal combo.

A maiden Super Rugby title to one team next week. It's hard to begrudge them when they came first and second on the points table.

That was why I didn't mind at all that the Tahs won last year, they were the best side.

How good was A.Smith? Would be close to first pick in a World 15. Well done Highlanders and I hope they can take in to the Canes and make the final a cracker.

o_O No no. First Pick.

But short of one apparently controversial decision he wasn't biased. The Tahs were just under a lot of pressure and so conceded plenty of penalties.

The Highlanders conceded more penalties all together. 10-7, it was like 9-3 at one stage.

Chunderstruck

Alex Ross (28)
I thought the 'Tah's played very poorly and were lucky not to be down by 17 at half time alone.

The penalty try / yellow was harsh, otherwise I saw no bias in the calls.
Buckman getting up to score after being held? That's 14 fairly dodgy points

teach

Trevor Allan (34)

But the conditions of our bet was that Dismal Pillock, if he is willing, gets to choose the signature line, so I may yet get to gloat over KOB1987.

I better send a seagull to the pitcairns with a note tied around its foot.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

I never think refs are biased, but they do make bad calls sometimes. The PT was iffy. The "not held" on Buckman was a bit odd, especially after calling the same thing on Phipps minutes earlier - it seemed at least 2 players had hands on his on the ground before he got up and took off. I think both those calls were probably wrong and significant, but putting those aside, the Tahs were spanked. No question. Can't complain about the result.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
The Highlanders conceded more penalties all together. 10-7, it was like 9-3 at one stage.

Fair enough. I only caught the second half and it did seem to be one sided in penalties but I stand corrected.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
But the conditions of our bet was that Dismal Pillock, if he is willing, gets to choose the signature line, so I may yet get to gloat over KOB1987.

I better send a seagull to the pitcairns with a note tied around its foot.

I might have to call a technical foul - I'm not sure contracting out the infliction of pain is in the spirit of the Avatar / Signature bet.
Besides, Monsieur Pilloque needs no encouragement.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I might have to call a technical foul - I'm not sure contracting out the infliction of pain is in the spirit of the Avatar / Signature bet.
Besides, Monsieur Pilloque needs no encouragement.

probably right teach..@Pillock might come up with something that's awfully suicidal but you should do some research and inflict your own pain. I'll bend over and take it. As if McCheat aint bad enough...;)

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Buckman getting up to score after being held? That's 14 fairly dodgy points

I just plainly don't think he was held, simple as that. In fact, he wasn't. I reckon because Foley or whoever got called for it got pinged, everyone reckons Buckman should have too.

I don't know about the earlier one because we never get to see any bloody replays of these things. The Buckman try is on foxsports highlights on their website (don't have foxtel IQ).

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Tahs players that stepped up and will be picked:
Palu (forget the intercept)
Horne
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
And Foley won't be the Wallabies 10.

So it's out of:
Cooper
Lealiifano
To'omua
Beale

I'll sleep on this

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Lineout. My kingdom for a lineout.

When one team comes to play nothing but territory (very well) and the other team hasn't got a lineout you get this result.

For all those heaping crap on the Tahs - despite 14 incredibly dodgy points they defended well on the line and with aggressive line speed. That should well have been a much closer game than it was, with the Tahs playing with one self inflicted hand behind their back.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
2 games. Both had terrible adjudicating. It's a shame it didn't go both ways so at least there isn't going to be so much in the press. Clearly both new Zealand teams had the rub of the ref.

Status
Not open for further replies.