• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs V Reds July 13 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
But you should be a little more tolerant simply because they are a new member.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

hughbert

Herbert Moran (7)
I would have thought the flyhalf throwing no look intercepts that quickly result in the other side scoring 5 would be a fairly material consideration when selecting a team to beat the All Blacks.

I can't claim to be trailblazing with that view (I would have thought it fairly obvious) but it surprises me that that kind of play is so readily hand waived away.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
Quade hasn't been relevant since that match against the Rebels I thought? Final nail in the coffin was the consensus.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I would have thought the flyhalf throwing no look intercepts that quickly result in the other side scoring 5 would be a fairly material consideration when selecting a team to beat the All Blacks.

I can't claim to be trailblazing with that view (I would have thought it fairly obvious) but it surprises me that that kind of play is so readily hand waived away.

It is not that is is hand waived away, it is because the discussion has been done to death on this forum. There is really nothing constructive that will come out of such a discussion. Unfortunately as far as Quade is concerned there is virtually zero middle ground.

However, I do not recall Quade throwing no look flick passes the other night. Not every pass of Quades is a no look out the back of the hand slower ball. The McKibbon intercept was due to a very good read on a set play. I would suggest that anyone else in that position would have been picked off too.

Now, let's leave it there before yet another thread escalates. By the way, welcome to the forum!

No4918

John Hipwell (52)

It's not that your point is not somewhat valid. This has come up in just about every thread that involves the following: Reds games, Wallabies games, any game that involves other 10's pushing for the Wallabies, any thread about Deans, any thread about squads, every thread about Quade (do a search, we are unhealthily obsessed with him). Hopefully you get the idea. If not, do a search for a fellow named Qwerty51 and read some of his posts regarding Cooper and the posts following. Then if you haven't worked out why we don't want to dissect his every touch again, find another forum.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Weird forum.

Is there an approved list of positions / topics that one can take?

You can talk about anything.

I just wouldn't suggest trying to start a new thread about Quade Cooper or Robbie Deans. If you use the search function you should be able to find hundreds of pages discussing every aspect you could possibly think of.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Sorry if your introduction was a little strange.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Callipygous must be the Foxsports word of the day.
All was revealed on 702 ABC breakfast show yesterday as I drove to the Salt Mines.

Kearns had heard Adam Spencer use the word previously on 702 Breakfast and decided to weave it in to his commentary.

Kafe was in on the setup, but Greg Clarke was not, and in the commentary box he was apparently looking very perplexed when the two fired it up.

Interesting that a caller rang in at the of the segment and claimed the word is pronouncificated Kill -ip - i -giss as per Greek origins and not Kel-e-pay-jiss as Spencer and Kearns/Kafe pronounced it.

Status
Not open for further replies.