• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs V Reds July 13 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Izzy himself tweeted he was out 2-3 weeks. I doubt he will play.

What has drew done?

a big send off game: Mitchell, Barnes, Timani x 2, Ulugia, Kingston, Hart and Carter. Plus those undecided (like Izzy)

Cyril Towers (30)
Izzy himself tweeted he was out 2-3 weeks. I doubt he will play.

What has drew done?

a big send off game: Mitchell, Barnes, Timani x 2, Ulugia, Kingston, Hart and Carter. Plus those undecided (like Izzy)
Drew did an ankle (not the dodgy one) playing for Randwick in the mud a couple of weeks ago. Still in a boot.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
cripes that a lot of talent leaving. We'll need a replacement hooker who is pretty much a front line one as TPN wont play much - any idea what hookers we have coming on board and please dont tell me Holmes... Fitzpatrick is too small as well. Where is Kingston going? Also Hart?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Saders play the Canes in Christchurch on Friday night, they'd have to be about $7.00 to win that one. If the Reds lose they'll more than likely be heading to Canberra rather than over the Tasman. Mind you, if things go really skew-whiff and the Bulls also lose while the Ponies and Tribe win the Reds will be catching a plane to Pretoria. Yeek!

The Reds'll be up for this one. They'll want to prove to all and sundry Link's a decent coach while at the same time get into a winning mindset.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
cripes that a lot of talent leaving. We'll need a replacement hooker who is pretty much a front line one as TPN wont play much - any idea what hookers we have coming on board and please dont tell me Holmes. Fitzpatrick is too small as well. Where is Kingston going? Also Hart?

Kingston is going to the Rebels, along with L Timani - Hart is going to England (not sure which club)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It will be interesting to see what backline we play this Saturday given Folau is out.

Barnes, Carter and Kingston are all leaving so it would be nice to have them in the side. Carter and Barnes particularly given they've been around for a long while.

I imagine none of the test players will really want a rest unless they are forced.

I'd start Carter at 12, Barnes at 15 and either have Kingston on the wing or bench.

If you were trying to give the players leaving a go to varying degrees you could have something like:

Robbo
Ulugia
Kepu
Douglas
Timani
Dennis/L Timani
Hooper
Palu/Dennis
McKibbin
Foley
Betham
Carter
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Kingston
Barnes

Ryan
Fitzpatrick/Holmes
Skelton
L Timani/McCutcheon
Hart
Crawford
Horne

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
Surely Horne will be @ 12....
Don't give Carter another cap just because he is leaving. I paid good money for a ticket to watch the best Tah's team take the field every single time. Carter certainly shouldn't be picked because he isn't going to be there next year.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Last time I saw Tom Carter play he scored two tries and was about our best player prior to being replaced.

I'd like to see him run around one last time.

I paid good money for a ticket too.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
interesting teams but aren't we without AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Palu as well?..hearing The Fluffy Koalas are without Genia and Horwell...anybody confirm?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah mate, Sanchez and Horwill out. Digby still out also. It may be close to the team that took on the Lions actually!

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
i know alot of the stars are out so disappointing in that regard but gee could be a ferocious game with players leaving and young guys getting a shot. .....Especially with so many Tah spots up for grabs.
Foley v Cooper will be fun to watch..expect Quade to have a big one with plenty of motivation for him now....
Nice duck on the "Fluffy Koala" dig Scoey..was trying to get some interstate rivalry going.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
interesting teams but aren't we without AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Palu as well?..hearing The Fluffy Koalas are without Genia and Horwell.anybody confirm?

Palu was questionable but I haven't heard anything about AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) not being right.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
As Captain or not, somehow I think there'll be an extra spring in QC (Quade Cooper)'s step on Saturday night.
You reckon "Coach Bazza" may have a little word along the lines...
"Listen Q.C. I backed you ,you better show everybody why!!!"

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Nice duck on the "Fluffy Koala" dig Scoey..was trying to get some interstate rivalry going.

Truth be told it's been a long day, I'm tired and I really couldn't come up with anything clever. ;) I saw what you were trying to do and I did appreciate the effort though!

EDIT: I did that wrong. Fluffy Koalas? Are you drunk? I would be if I were a Tahs fan. Came so close yet again eh? Always the brides maid, never the bride. Wait. What? Does that make us the bride? Fuck. I'm confused. I told you I was tired. Ummmm...... BOOO TAHS!

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Truth be told it's been a long day, I'm tired and I really couldn't come up with anything clever. ;) I saw what you were trying to do and I did appreciate the effort though!

EDIT: I did that wrong. Fluffy Koalas? Are you drunk? I would be if I were a Tahs fan. Came so close yet again eh? Always the brides maid, never the bride. Wait. What? Does that make us the bride? Fuck. I'm confused. I told you I was tired. Ummmm.. BOOO TAHS!
yeah yeah you Koalas are always tired and full of piss:) . Just cause we've finally got a decent national coach and captain who are Fluffy bears as well deosnt make you better than us.....I think.....this isnt working...

Status
Not open for further replies.