• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Cheetahs Super Rugby-R5 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Well done Tahs much better than last week I thought! Loved Folau under the high ball and from the restart. They'll get there it'll just take time.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think Phipps always looked good in comparison to McKibbin but I think Tahs fans were really hoping to nab Burgess and probably still wish they did.

No. Burgess is a better player atm, Phipps is the better long term player

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Congrats to the cheetahs, they played clever rugby and were also physical at the breakdown. Sarel was very good for most of the game, he looked like he enjoyed it.

For the tahs, geez some really good patches and phases but too many mistakes leading to easy points. I thought Ryan was excellent, not too many other tahs didnt have some part of the game to regret even though most of the team had good involvements at times. Take Betham, looked to be gold plated in the first half but looked a bit of a dunce in the second, he stopped working off the ball and got caught flat footed a few times plus dropped the bomb etc.

Overall, I thought the difference between the teams was the benches, we lost intensity and momentum as the changes were made the cheetahs didn't.

Where do we go from here? Just keep plugging away I guess, if we can get the errors down then anything is possible but it seems the work in progress label will be with us to a while yet.

Oh, and the women's 7s rugby at half time was tops.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Also the tahs looked to be doing a more intense and longer warm up, didn't seem to work given we started badly again.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
This result, in all honesty is an absolute shocker for Australian Rugby.

Georgina Robinson can try and butter it up however she likes but it's still sh^thouse to be getting rolled at home by the Cheetahs. http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...atahs-suffer-another-loss-20130315-2g6m7.html

Everything about it shows how far the Tahs have fallen over the past few seasons. No crowd, no result and racking up a 3rd consecutive loss to a side they should have beaten every time.

The other 2 Tahs losses were to be fair, expected but tonight is just not good enough.

Tahs Grand Final is now next weekend. Lose to the Blues and they can kiss the 2013 Finals series goodbye.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Well, as awful as it was to lose at home to the Cheetahs yet again, the truly frustrating thing was to watch the Waratahs put it all together for certain passages and then utterly fall apart for others. At times (mostly Paddy Ryan or Peter Betham times), the Tahs looked like putting it all together. At others, it was like they met on Wednesday and didn't much like each other. My main takeaway was that they continue to be slow and inaccurate at the breakdown. Unless they get offload ball, they seem to end up struggling to retain possession. Similarly, on defense, they couldn't slow Cheetah possession and fell off far too many tackles. While I think the Tahs might be a bit better, the Cheetahs put together a lot more game and were deserved winners.

Next week will be tough.

McKibbin has to go. Spoiled opportunities but its the unpredictability that is the larger problem. Runners never know where the ball is going. Timani isn't cutting it and Horne was poor, even for a comeback player.

It's gonna be a long season, but I reckon Cheika is giving that off-contract list an ecumenical degree of attention.

M

Moono75

What was the crowd like?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
you couldn't see that there wer F all people there with your own eyes. Thank god we dodged that bullet with Cheika. Vern we forgive you...good call on Foley.

M

Moono75

Whatever this says, I disagree with it.

Exaplanation:

There weren't that many people in attendance at the game.....poor crowd figures, especially given the population of NSW and status as a rugby State.. Obviously rugby on a Friday is Sydney rates below cleaning the toilet at your own home whilst Face Booking how great cleaning your toilet is on a Friday night.

Cheika has been talked up massivley in the press and so far the Tahs still look like....well the same old Tahs. Foley has been blamed for everything that is probalby systematically bad in NSW rugby.

Maybe the Tahs will kick on and do something for the rest of the year but with the resources you have...seriously someone should be fired.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
you couldn't see that there wer F all people there with your own eyes. Thank god we dodged that bullet with Cheika. Vern we forgive you.good call on Foley.

You lost to the Kings, and every other game you've played this year. I wouldn't get too carried away trying to rub it into the Tahs just yet.

Sidbarret

Fred Wood (13)
This result, in all honesty is an absolute shocker for Australian Rugby.

Georgina Robinson can try and butter it up however she likes but it's still sh^thouse to be getting rolled at home by the Cheetahs. http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...atahs-suffer-another-loss-20130315-2g6m7.html

Everything about it shows how far the Tahs have fallen over the past few seasons. No crowd, no result and racking up a 3rd consecutive loss to a side they should have beaten every time.

The other 2 Tahs losses were to be fair, expected by tonight is just not good enough.

Tahs Grand Final is now next weekend. Lose to the Blues and they can kiss the 2013 Finals series goodbye.

Australian teams, the waratahs in particular, might do well to show the Cheetahs a little more respect. Since the start of last season they have 4-1 record against Australian side and the one loss came off a pretty controversial set of penalties late in the game.

M

Moono75

You lost to the Kings, and every other game you've played this year. I wouldn't get too carried away trying to rub it into the Tahs just yet.
You are missing the point. What I am saying is the Tahs are pissing their money away. Resources versus performance...and to a large extent...reputation of players that don't deliver.

At the leat the Force are moving in the right direction. You can see the good, the bad and where they have corrected the performance. I like the Tahs....I have supported the Tahs....I like the tradition. I don't like there tradition of accepting mediocrity when they should be leading the way.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Exaplanation:

There weren't that many people in attendance at the game...poor crowd figures, especially given the population of NSW and status as a rugby State.. Obviously rugby on a Friday is Sydney rates below cleaning the toilet at your own home whilst Face Booking how great cleaning your toilet is on a Friday night.

Cheika has been talked up massivley in the press and so far the Tahs still look like..well the same old Tahs. Foley has been blamed for everything that is probalby systematically bad in NSW rugby.

Maybe the Tahs will kick on and do something for the rest of the year but with the resources you have.seriously someone should be fired.

So true, even intuiting all the failed predictive text... I guess...

Meh.

We've already penciled in you blokes as an "at least it can't get this bad" win. Happy to eat it if I'm proven wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.