• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Reds - R3 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
This has been hard to watch.
Congratulations to the Tahs. Too big, too fast, too well organised. We weren't in your ball park.
The Reds looked like crap. disorganised, dropped ball, pushed passes, poor kicking. just didn't handle the pressure the Tahs put on.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
This is the worse I've seen the Reds play in years.

Waratahs have been excellent.

Robinson, Jacques, Phipps, Foley, Izzy, Beale, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Alofa have been excellent tonight.

The Reds will definitely improve however!

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
FT 32-5 Tahs. Good win from the Tahs but still lots to work on, line-out especially. Reds very disappointing, still its early in the season though.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
This has been hard to watch.
Congratulations to the Tahs. Too big, too fast, too well organised. We weren't in your ball park.
The Reds looked like crap. disorganised, dropped ball, pushed passes, poor kicking. just didn't handle the pressure the Tahs put on.

What he said.

Regardless of how shit the Reds played, and it was fucking ordinary, the Waratahs are looking very, very good.

Keep it up.

George

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hard to watch. Genia too slow, two steps sideways and the defence is on the front foot!! Am I being harsh in the face of a big loss???

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
We were crap!

Don't think we won a clean lineout all night, forward passes aplenty, poor ball security, got a yellow card for a schoolboy error, so tired in the last twenty we could barely raise a jog.

And to make it worse, we could only put 32 on the Reds!

Its great to be a Waratah fan tonight!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Man, I'm stoked with that. Apart from the lineout ( a poo-fest) it was quality play - great breakdown and defence aggression, scrum solid and got better, really good support play and passing, players in good position with good momentum. Got a bit ratty later, but the job was done. As much as I enjoyed that win, I really enjoy the way they are going about it.
The Reds need to rethink a bit, but they've got enough class to come back and be a force in this comp.
Hard luck, Reds fans.
Enjoy, but be gracious Tahs fans.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Hard to watch. Genia too slow, two steps sideways and the defence is on the front foot!! Am I being harsh in the face of a big loss???
Picking one player out is ridiculous. We were crap across the ground. And yes way harsh

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Stephen Hoiles contributions haven't been recognised by too many (excl Dave Beat). He was everywhere and was a major contributor in the success that the Tahs had in the tackle contest and breakdown work.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
It's hard to believe this was largely the same Reds side that played the Brumbies last week.

The Waratahs came with a plan to put pressure in the Reds and they did it very well.

Genia and Cooper thrive on quick, front foot ball and they didn't get much of that at all and it's a telling sign when Genia gets the hook.

The Reds backs usually will have a go from anywhere but Cooper seemed to be doing a lot of kicking and when they did, it was ending up in the arms of the Waratahs back 3 and Folau will eat that up all day.

The Waratahs will need to fix the lineout if they want to be real contenders and it's lucky that other aspects of their play can get them out of trouble but there is time yet.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Very impressive performance from the Waratahs. As with the Rebels last night we saw a team trying to play the game at pace, with ball in hand at every opportunity. I loved the aggression and commitment at the breakdown as well.

Lineout needs work, but if anyone had said 32-5 win this morning, I'd have taken it.

The hard yards of 2013 when everything didn't come off are now paying dividends.:)

EDIT: I also liked the tap and run option at penalties and free kicks instead of calling a scrum. Another way to speed up the game.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Stephen Hoiles contributions haven't been recognised by too many (excl Dave Beat). He was everywhere and was a major contributor in the success that the Tahs had in the tackle contest and breakdown work.
I was just big noting Hoiles on Twitter while back. Good pick up.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Picking one player out is ridiculous. We were crap across the ground. And yes way harsh
Genia had a very tough night at the office. His pack gave him few good options. He was a bit rattled. Cooper looked composed, I must say, but again had most of his good options removed. The forward platform of the Tahs was pretty dynamic, as was the defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.