• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hatchie

According to some of the players, the hooking duties will be given to Whittaker/Tyrrell, and Pek will be staying at prop. Whittaker impressed me greatly last year for the small amount of time he spent on the park. I hope he can step up.

More importantly, this year is our first year FINALLY playing on a rectangular pitch. ME Bank stadium (previously Members Equity Stadium) has been upgraded and now can hold just short of 21000. Apparently almost all of the seats have now be assigned to members.

Can't wait!

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
I agree Hatchie, the one thing the Force have not had has been a home ground advantage and the results over the years have borne that out.

I work across the road from ME Bank Stadium and its only a relatively small ground. The atmosphere with a full house close to the playing pitch will certainly be an advantage the Force have not enjoyed previously. And you could just about put money on the fact that the 'Full House' sign will be out every time the Force play. I say "Bring it on!...".

S

straightshooter

Hey you blokes in the West - Is it true that Rose Hancock sings sweet love songs to the Force players. Wait until those Queensland boys rip over there in a few weeks and towel you up.
UP THE MIGHTY REDS (I hope anyway)

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
waratahjesus said:
Lee Grant said:
PS - I have already got my first yellow card over there and I wasn't trying. Not really, Well, maybe a bit. A little bit. Telling one of the mods to stop being so precious isn't that bad.

be careful lee, both moses and myself are banned for life for making puns about pococks name over there.
dont get on the wrong side of a guy like burgs, he reads press releases from his loungeroom then goes about running rugby worldwide!
My life ban was for describing a change in blindside personnel as "Dick Brown out, Pusey in".

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Moses said:
waratahjesus said:
Lee Grant said:
PS - I have already got my first yellow card over there and I wasn't trying. Not really, Well, maybe a bit. A little bit. Telling one of the mods to stop being so precious isn't that bad.

be careful lee, both moses and myself are banned for life for making puns about pococks name over there.
dont get on the wrong side of a guy like burgs, he reads press releases from his loungeroom then goes about running rugby worldwide!
My life ban was for describing a change in blindside personnel as "Dick Brown out, Pusey in".

:lmao:

And playing in front of a full stadium as opposed to a 1/2 full Subi will do wonders for home ground advantage.

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
straightshooter said:
Hey you blokes in the West - Is it true that Rose Hancock sings sweet love songs to the Force players. Wait until those Queensland boys rip over there in a few weeks and towel you up.
The trial with the Reds is on 5th Feb.............it will be interesting to see if the Reds visit coincides with a spike in Perth's burglary rates.............. :)

S

straightshooter

todd4 said:
straightshooter said:
The trial with the Reds is on 5th Feb.............it will be interesting to see if the Reds visit coincides with a spike in Perth's burglary rates.............. :)
Hear tell dead lock sales have gone through the roof

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
It's good to see so many of the Reds player agents making the trip across with them for the trial.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Moses said:
waratahjesus said:
Lee Grant said:

Bloody hell they are daft over there. They are now convinced that Andre Pretorius is a far better option for 10 than Giteau, and that the Force are lucky to be rid of him. I can understand that Giteau may have had issues with the coaching staff, and that other players may have relied on him a bit, but he is a world class flyhalf, and easily one of the best attacking players in the world.

G

Geronimo

todd4 said:
straightshooter said:

So our guys prefer computers to Quokkas!!!!

C

Coach

Moses said:

You were banned for acting like a knob end and encouraging others to do head over to TWF and do the same... It was lifted some time ago, and never placed on your 'alters', however I'm sure you'll just be a pest if you visit there, so consider it re-instated - not that I think you actually care anyway :)

and jeez you mob are daft over here. Of course Pretorius is a better option at 10 for the Force in 2010 than Giteau, we don't have Giteau :nta: Yes - Giteau is a world class 10 and he'll no doubt do great thangs at the Brumbies, but he didn't want to be with the Force and there's no point having someone on the books who doesn't want to be there - given all circumstances, I and many others including staff, players and supporters are glad to be rid him.

I shall go give myself an uppercut for responding to drivel. As you were.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Yep, you've convinced me. The Brumbies must be kicking themselves they missed out on Pretorius and got stuck with Giteau.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Coach said:
Moses said:

You were banned for acting like a knob end and encouraging others to do head over to TWF and do the same... It was lifted some time ago, and never placed on your 'alters', however I'm sure you'll just be a pest if you visit there, so consider it re-instated - not that I think you actually care anyway :)

and jeez you mob are daft over here. Of course Pretorius is a better option at 10 for the Force in 2010 than Giteau, we don't have Giteau :nta: Yes - Giteau is a world class 10 and he'll no doubt do great thangs at the Brumbies, but he didn't want to be with the Force and there's no point having someone on the books who doesn't want to be there - given all circumstances, I and many others including staff, players and supporters are glad to be rid him.

I shall go give myself an uppercut for responding to drivel. As you were.

while your getting angry coach, can you explain the hate from twf land of the brumbies for there "superstar" team when all they have really signed that hasnt gone through the brumbies before is Elsom?

i was banned for being pro Tah in a thread designed to bait me about the Tahs being crap, but i guess it was becuase i know Moses, which explains alot

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Coach said:
Moses said:
You were banned for acting like a knob end and encouraging others to do head over to TWF and do the same... It was lifted some time ago, and never placed on your 'alters', however I'm sure you'll just be a pest if you visit there, so consider it re-instated...I shall go give myself an uppercut for responding to drivel. As you were.

Hey, Coach, lighten up. And look up Voltaire while you're at it.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Coach said:
Moses said:

You were banned for acting like a knob end and encouraging others to do head
That's fair enough, I do encourage women to do head to my knob end at every opportunity.

S

Spook

Some people really shouldn't be mods. And moses, stop encouraging head. Someone could lose an eye.

C

Coach

Moses said:
That's fair enough, I do encourage women to do head to my knob end at every opportunity.
Encourage all you want, Moses - you're a married man now and are about as likely to get any as I am :'(

Lindy - Voltaire didn't try and run a rugby forum

Status
Not open for further replies.