• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Lee Grant: I think that the best way to find out if PAE is in the Reds Academy or not is to ask Link via twitter. Any takers?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I will, he aint to regular on twitter these days. And with Chrissie happening now it may be a while.

T

TOCC

im pretty certain i remember reading a article about the Australian Schoolboys, and it listed 4 players and said how they are contracted to the Reds Academy.

I think it was Joel Faulkner, Kimani Situati, Chris Feiua? and PAE

excuse the spelling im going off the top of my head

C

chief

I see one of those names and is truly frightened by it all, I won't mention who it was. PAE is a class act, I read in the courier mail the other day that he was turning heads his way in the European tour which can only mean positives. How he makes the step from Schoolboy rugby to Premier Grade will be particularly interesting for me.

T

tranquility

also gill and the younger morahan were signed a couple of months before any of the other blokes.

T

TOCC

thats right WJ, reds academy players are practically force academy players anyway

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
TOCC said:
thats right WJ, reds academy players are practically force academy players anyway
What's half Red, half Rat and powered by fire? The Force academy.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Finally just got my ausstar connected, and looking forward to my first full season of super rugby. As a western australian I have to support the force, even though my fav players are all in other teams atm. Out of interest, are there any teams I'm morally obliged to dislike as a Force supporter? Any major rivalries I should know about?

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
JJJ said:
Out of interest, are there any teams I'm morally obliged to dislike as a Force supporter? Any major rivalries I should know about?
I don't think so, they're a pretty new team so haven't had a chance to be pissed off royally by the others as yet. That said, the Reds farking hate you for poaching all their players, so it'd be rude not to at least recipricate that. You'll need to work on a victim mentality, just believe that everybody is out to get you and one day it might come true. Also, you now hate daylight savings, it makes it harder for your queensland imports to acclimatise.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Moses said:
You'll need to work on a victim mentality, just believe that everybody is out to get you and one day it might come true. Also, you now hate daylight savings, it makes it harder for your queensland imports to acclimatise.

As a West Australian I'm already halfway there. We've voted daylight savings out every time we've been given the option of voting on it, yet the farking pollies keep forcing it on us! The last lot introduced it at the very start of their term, the bastards. Might be harder to work up a victim mentality, but I'm sure I can tap into old secessionist sentiments and the accompanying resentment of the eastern states.

Once Melbourne get their team together they're the prime candidates. One thing I've been taught since I was old enough to play backyard cricket is that you have to hate the vics. Too many sports in common, I guess.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
JJJ said:
Moses said:
You'll need to work on a victim mentality, just believe that everybody is out to get you and one day it might come true. Also, you now hate daylight savings, it makes it harder for your queensland imports to acclimatise.

As a West Australian I'm already halfway there. We've voted daylight savings out every time we've been given the option of voting on it, yet the farking pollies keep forcing it on us! The last lot introduced it at the very start of their term, the bastards. Might be harder to work up a victim mentality, but I'm sure I can tap into old secessionist sentiments and the accompanying resentment of the eastern states.

Once Melbourne get their team together they're the prime candidates. One thing I've been taught since I was old enough to play backyard cricket is that you have to hate the vics. Too many sports in common, I guess.

the most important force fan attribute is the abillity to turn on players, if you sign someone, i dont know, giteau for example, take credit for all matches the wallabies and force win on there brilliant recruitment and coaching of matt giteau, but if he signs with another team remember, he is a fraud and a phony and he has been a cancer to your team and is out and out disloyal.

the identification of talent and money that goes into developing players at schoolboy and academy level means nothing untill the force gives them third party money to move there family west.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
unsub god said:
Gill, Alo Emile, Lucas (Matt), Faulkner and Kimami are all in the Reds Academy.

Is there any link that lists the Reds Academy guys? Maybe they are just behind with their web work. Even the Tahs are ahead of them and the Force have theirs up.

chief said:
PAE is a class act, I read in the courier mail the other day that he was turning heads his way in the European tour which can only mean positives. How he makes the step from Schoolboy rugby to Premier Grade will be particularly interesting for me.

Told ya so (he gloated); best school THP I ever saw and the schools prop on either side of the scrum, in any year, most likely to be a successful professional player. There is nothing untoward in that as usually one has to see how young props grow and what strength they are going to have at age 23-24 so you can assess them for their prime years after that. Not PAE - one only has to wait to see if he has the bottle for senior club rugby first and Super rugby afterwards.

In stock exchange terms: pencil him in as a gold jersey future. I think he and Dan Palmer are going to keep the TH side of the Oz scrum pretty steady in the next decade - and if somebody better emerges, somebody who is 20ish now but matures at 25 - all the better.

Moses said:

There's nothing wrong with daylight savings. It's a scientific fact that it reduces the rate at which curtains fade.

JJJ
To be a Force supporter you have to have a bit of chip on the shoulder mentality. As an exercise look through some of the other posts to identify the Brumbies and Reds tragics. You can pick up a few good pointers.

I joined up with a Force forum whilst this site was down. There are some good people over there who know their stuff posting and some good oil we don't get in the papers here. But there is a whiff of preciousness from a few of them too. When I suggested that somebody had a chip on his shoulder against people or teams from the big smoke he proceeded to prove it with his reply. It was funny that he didn't realise he was proving my point.

JJJ you may want to join that forum too and so may some of our other posters. I'm not white anting this forum - I just think it's a good idea to visit other forums, tell people about interesting ones, then drop the seed that those people should visit here. Win Win.

Warning - do not mention the word "poach" too often unless you want to stir like I do; otherwise you get the preciousness.

Here's the link: http://twf.com.au/forum.php

I'd like to see some of you Reds guys stir a little - but don't spoil their forum by being serial pests - just stir occasionally, as I do.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Lee, I have been lurking in that forum for about a year now. It seems OK, but there isnt much spite there.
Having said that, there is one Brumby fan who trolls, and gets some people whipped into a frenzy :lmao:

As a Force fan, I feel it my duty to hate the Reds purely because they are the players we rejected. Also, the Tahs are an enemy because they are arrogant and think that they are deserving of reverance because they produce the most players. Oh, and we need to hate the Brumbies because their fans attack us over the fact that most of our players come from interstate, and completely ignore the fact that they did that too when they started. Oh, and I already hate the Victorian team. I am starting a campaign to have the team name chosen as the Victorian Arseholes.

Hope that helps.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Good to see a well balanced view - a chip on both shoulders and one on the head.

PS - I have already got my first yellow card over there and I wasn't trying. Not really, Well, maybe a bit. A little bit. Telling one of the mods to stop being so precious isn't that bad.

Is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.