• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
I agree, but I had the same feeling when Dunning was signed by the Force and he improved with the move. Maafood might go the same way.

The thing I've always thought with Maafood is that he's not fit enough. Strong, yes, but not fit.

He looks like he's carrying a bit too much blubber, a long pre-season in the stinking hot Perth summer will hopefully sort him out. It seemed to work for Dunning.

The Mayor of Perth

Ted Fahey (11)
Gary Neubrfbrbrbsd.
Something like that. I think he is only around 17 or 18 at the moment.

Sheehan is from geraldton, but he left when he was young.
Having said that Adam Wallace-Harrison grew up in perth, so we can claim him too.

Add Scott Higginbotham to the list then - born in Subi.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Matt Dunning on his way to Biarritz.

He'll go well in France, totally under-rated scrummager and in the loose. His greatest problem early was to be a flyhalf born with a props body. He's in his prime as a prop now and its sad to be losing him. Broke even with Carl Hayman one year playing for the Tahs, not too many props have that on their resume. Farewell Matt, you've given me a great deal of pleasure and a lot of idiots a chance to take a lot of cheap shots.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
spoke to him once in the street and seemed like a good guy, shame to see him go
he will forever be remembered for that drop goal thou and he knows it
and deservedly name taken for the "dumb and dunning award" for stupidist onfield decision (i think dean mumms in the running this year for something early in the season but cant remember what for)
hes made it- imortality
jokes aside> congrats on his efforts in aus

Cpt Crow Eater

Chris McKivat (8)
Can anyone find a link with the news Dunning is heading to Biarritz????

I've had a little look around but can't find anything close....
Be a shame to lose the little belly whacker

T

TheNextBigThing

Can't find anything.

Big loss though. The front row is the only spot the Force's roster looks a little lean. If they retain a lot of their players and pick up some props for Dunning/Cowan they'll have a really strong team next year. A lot of their players are starting to really look at home at this level, Sidey, Dellit, Cummins, Wykes etc..

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Well I suppose they already have Ma'afu to partner Longbottom, and have Tetera Faulkner and Paul Alo-Emile in the academy who are both very handy. I think they are crying out for one more front line prop though.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
They could possibly pick up shep if they want him. Weeks or Blake might make the move for gametime, but they are probably both on 2 year contracts.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Disappointing season for Weekes, really hasn't shone as I thought he might. The West might be a good move for him but maybe he'll come back to where it all started taking off for him.... Qld?

T

tranquility

Disappointing season for Weekes, really hasn't shone as I thought he might. The West might be a good move for him but maybe he'll come back to where it all started taking off for him.... Qld?

I wouldn't take him back, and I am a far bigger softie than Link. Laurie will not be playing in QLD.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Im not sure Cowen is going, is it confirmed?
They also have Cruze Ah-Nau, but he is at a similar level to PAE, so not ready yet.

We need an established tighthead and an established winger to come into the team, with the intent to start them.
Other than that, the other players that will come in will be for cover and depth.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I think Link did every thing he could to get him to stay. And I think he may of agreed then reneged. Not certain though.

T

tranquility

Yeah he did. He was very shady in how in signed his contract with the Rebels. Link did not know he had signed until it happened all that sort of stuff. He won't be in Red.

Status
Not open for further replies.