• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
Horwill still radiates enthusiasm and love of the game like the sun, as did waugh till his last minute on the pitch. Some people just have it, no matter how many games they play they still play like its their first and last game all rolled into one, and the more blood they have one them the more they love it (something James has been quoted as saying is his personal philosophy about rugby). Maybe Rory has it too.
David Croft.....some of his battles against Waugh was epic.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
He's been really good for Norths the last couple of years. I wish the Tahs had him over Peterson. I'm surprised he only got his shot now, he's better than Battye.

Battyer i believe has done his dash. I actually believe there were moves to drop him this season but the force decided against it

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Battyer i believe has done his dash. I actually believe there were moves to drop him this season but the force decided against it
Yeah there was talk of him being cut last year with the others when foley came in. He has had injury issues last year but even in club rugby he doesnt set the world on fire so i doubt if a good lock (Walton) pops his head up Battye might be looking for a new club in 2014.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I also think Wykes needs to step up big time he seems to be coasting ATM hopefully he finds some form or he might also see himself on the outer.

He is a player who gives quantity over quality. Although he hits a lot of rucks, makes tackles and runs, he doesn't ever really dominate the contact which is the difference between an average Joe and a good player. However he is improving and i have no doubt with confidence that comes with game time he will improve.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
He is a player who gives quantity over quality. Although he hits a lot of rucks, makes tackles and runs, he doesn't ever really dominate the contact which is the difference between an average Joe and a good player. However he is improving and i have no doubt with confidence that comes with game time he will improve.

We were saying the same about Mowen not long ago. Force fans just need to keep their fingers crossed.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
anyone see the comments in the reds 2013 thread about the rumour of a force player and his father clashign with a club official.....I wonder who it is?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
anyone see the comments in the reds 2013 thread about the rumour of a force player and his father clashign with a club official...I wonder who it is?
Yeah i saw that but it is growden so who knows. If the father was in Perth it might be Godwin but you would hate to think anyone is saying shit to him.

from Growdens artical this was the bit that pricked my ears.

Sydney, next stop Perth
The Waratahs are losing numerous key players, with Drew Mitchell, Berrick Barnes and Sitaleki Timani heading overseas. There is also uncertainty where Wycliff Palu will end up, while another enormous name at the Waratahs is now seriously contemplating "heading west" - which we assume means Western Force. Michael Foley, the former Waratahs coach now in Perth, would gladly pick up this star. Also a Waratahs backline player has been told by management to "pull his head in" after complaining repeatedly about a recent signing. Meanwhile, Waratahs coach Michael Cheika is waiting with interest the selection of the British & Irish Lions squad, as his marquee target for 2014 could easily revolve around who does and does not make the touring list.

http://www.espnscrum.com/australia/rugby/story/180763.html

Barnes? AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)? Izzy? Please not Horne

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
GaffaCHinO - I fear it could be a reference to TPN. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has already re-signed and Barnes is talked about already in that article and is most likely going to go to Japan.

I hope I'm wrong though. TPN would be about the most disappointing player to lose for me at least. Robbo would be the other one that I absolutely wouldn't want to see leaving.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
GaffaCHinO - I fear it could be a reference to TPN. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has already re-signed and Barnes is talked about already in that article and is most likely going to go to Japan.

I hope I'm wrong though. TPN would be about the most disappointing player to lose for me at least. Robbo would be the other one that I absolutely wouldn't want to see leaving.
the only reason i was saying the backs names was because on Rugby Heaven the rumour said it was an outside back but we shall wait and see i guess.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Yeah i saw that but it is growden so who knows. If the father was in Perth it might be Godwin but you would hate to think anyone is saying shit to him.

And for some insane reason godwin has been 'rested' for this week? So things could be adding up.

as for the waratahs player could be Sekope kepu or lachie turner? they are on the outer

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Why were the Waratahs chasing James Hanson if TPN wasn't non-committal? I just assumed TPN would go overseas. I feel a bit meh about him coming to the Force. I don't think he is the player he was anymore.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Have you Force fans started backing the opposition by 1-12 yet?

Your blokes have kept every loss within the 12, but continual close losses suck as they just give you false hope.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Have you Force fans started backing the opposition by 1-12 yet?

Your blokes have kept every loss within the 12, but continual close losses suck as they just give you false hope.
I dont think its a false hope next year with a few new players i think the team will have a real crack

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I dont think its a false hope next year with a few new players i think the team will have a real crack

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

It reminds me a lot of the Reds back in 2008 & 2009. As a fan you don't think things are going too badly but then you get to the end of the season and have only won 2 or 3 matches.

Someone needs to point out to Foley that a pattern has emerged in their results and he gets in a sports psychologist or something now to try to convince them they're good enough to actually win, instead of just competing,

Either that, or we all just back the opposition by 1-12 every week and take some of Tom Waterhouse's millions back.

Status
Not open for further replies.