• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

If Holmes slots in at 10 next year would the Force give Ebersohn an early release to return to South Africa? He left the Cheetahs because he was stuck behind Goosen and it looks like the same situation could develop over here if Holmes ends up starting.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
He would have been the perfect defensive 13 to partner an inexperienced CTM. But with a dependable Godwin at 12 his lack of attacking flair is holding him back.

A good squad player, but wouldn't be starting in many other Super teams.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
I think I saw Stanley playing for Toulon or Toulouse. Cant remember but he looked large in comparison to the other players.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yeah im not sure what the go is with CTM. A friend of mine plays with him at wests and says he is a freak of a player.

Another mate watched wests play on sat and didnt realise he was playing until the second half thats how quite he was.

So i can only assume he hasnt shown much in training.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

M

Moono75

I hope Alfie isn't starting to get a big head. He needs to be on the field giving us the best chance to win. Not a huge fan of Dellit playing on the wing.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
http://www.rugbywa.com.au/NewsEvents/NewsArticles/tabid/905/ArticleID/9057/Default.aspx

The Emirates Western Force has released winger Alfie Mafi from the remainder of the winger’s contract with immediate effect.
The release relates to a number of infringements of team standards and disciplinary indiscretions.
Both parties have agreed that the release will provide Mafi with the opportunity to best prepare for his Japanese commitments later this year.
Mafi is in the final season of his two-year contract with the Force.
The 24-year-old was unavailable for selection against the Brumbies last week following a breach of internal standards. The matter did not involve any untoward behaviour involving the any member of the public or public property.
“This side has placed a very strong focus on its standards and earning respect as the foundations for the team culture,” RugbyWA CEO Mark Sinderberry said.
“Despite Alfie’s standing as one of the competition’s leading try-scorers, we will remain an organisation that is strongly committed to upholding its values and standards.
“We acknowledge the contribution Alfie has made to the team over the past three seasons and we wish him all the best for his future rugby endeavours.”
Mafi has played 38 Super Rugby matches for the Emirates Western Force between 2011 and 2013. He has played 54 Super Rugby matches in total.

Good old "team disciplinary indiscretions".

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Hey Force Fans what is the news on MMM I thought he might be due back from injury soon, has he been training?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Hey Force Fans what is the news on MMM I thought he might be due back from injury soon, has he been training?
I saw him at training last wends and he was out of the sling and joining in with some of the drills.

An news report last week said he should be back in the next couple of weeks prob for the force game against the lions and then the tahs game to push his case for a test spot.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.