• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
They are not going to be able to pay two superstars to come in and do the job they should either sign an experienced 12 and let them with Harvey groom Godwin or another young flyhalf or they cut Godwin loos sign a 10 liek halanghu to take his place and get a inexperienced 12. I prefer the first option.
But in saying this can Godwin play any other positions besides flyhalf

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
They are not going to be able to pay two superstars to come in and do the job they should either sign an experienced 12 and let them with Harvey groom Godwin or another young flyhalf or they cut Godwin loos sign a 10 liek halanghu to take his place and get a inexperienced 12. I prefer the first option.
But in saying this can Godwin play any other positions besides flyhalf
He can play 10/12/15

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I just think a carter cummins centre pairing is having two of the sam style of players in your centres. I much rather a playmaker style player.

T

tranquility

Would their be merit in perhaps the force using there overseas marquee spot to sign a Lock and using solving there flyhalf/12 crisis by signing up someone like Sam Lane? He has shown that he is an adept 10 but apparently he feels better at 12 (correct me if I am wrong) He isn't contracted to the reds for next year and has shown that he is has the potential to be a real threat or perhaps the force should see if they can lure halanghu from the Tahs since he is getting no time.....but I think the force would be silly not to enquire about lane.

I voiced this thought even before he had played for QLD based on his pedigree. The Force do not have a 10. Flyhalfs with the background of Lane do not come along very often, in fact he is a complete anomaly. Even though he has torn his ACL by the looks of things, you should sign him up wait patiently for his knee-reco and then persist with him. You would then have two good young flyhalfs on the books, and if they both went well you would have a potentially creative 10-12 crux for years to come. However if you lads are slow off the mark, I would be more than happy to sign him up and play him as our 2nd 10.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I voiced this thought even before he had played for QLD based on his pedigree. The Force do not have a 10. Flyhalfs with the background of Lane do not come along very often, in fact he is a complete anomaly. Even though he has torn his ACL by the looks of things, you should sign him up wait patiently for his knee-reco and then persist with him. You would then have two good young flyhalfs on the books, and if they both went well you would have a potentially creative 10-12 crux for years to come. However if you lads are slow off the mark, I would be more than happy to sign him up and play him as our 2nd 10.
Well if you want to keep Lane send us over Harris ill be happy with that.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Interesting little article here. It was expected that Blake would put his hand up for the top job, and he has. He seems very committed, and with talk like that, you would expect him to have some sort of plan. It will be very interesting watching what he is able to do with the Force for the rest of this season though.

PHIL Blake has vowed to transform Western Force into a playoff team if he secures the vacant head coaching job next year.
Blake, who was the Force's skills and defence coach under the departed Richard Graham, has put his hand up for the top job.
It is understood there has been a flood of enquiries, including from former Springboks coach Nick Mallett.
A former rugby league star, Blake is ready to take the next step up the coaching ladder.
"I need to broaden," he said. "We have created a good culture. I hope to be around to see these blokes come through and flourish and turn into a finals team."
Blake is part of a coaching committee that will guide the Force for the rest of the season following the decision to stand down Graham after he announced last week he was defecting to the Queensland Reds next season.
The other members of the committee are forwards coach Nick Stiles, Force A-team coach Andrew Scotney, captain David Pocock and senior player Nathan Sharpe.
"We get together and plan the week," Blake said. "We put everything in place collectively.
"Before and after games I'll represent the coaching group. Nick and I will be in the coach's box. We haven't spoken about that too much, but we will."
When Graham announced he was leaving, Force said he would continue to coach the team this season, but the players voted him out.
"The players have been really good," Blake said. "We have moved on. We had to. We have half the season to go. There is a lot to accomplish.
"We aim to win every game we can. Nothing's changed."
The resolve of the Force will be put to the test when it hosts the Stormers on Saturday night.
The Stormers will be vulnerable playing the fourth game of their Australasian tour without injured key players Schalk Burger, Jean de Villiers and Andries Bekker.
The absence of the towering Bekker will provide Sharpe with an opportunity to dominate the lineout and the flow of the game.
"We are coming off a bye," Blake said. "We will be energised. We will meet them head-on. It should be a good tussle.
"We've had a couple of good days. They are coming off a four-week tour. Some of our strengths will come to the fore.
"We have the capability to play for 80 minutes and if we do, we'll get the result we want."
Meanwhile, Blake said he was not disappointed about losing his place on the Wallabies coaching staff.
He had coached defence and skills at the Wallabies since 2010, but those roles have now been filled by Tony McGahan and Nick Scrivener respectively.
"You can't take those things for granted," Blake said. "They have taken another direction. I got an opportunity 18 months ago and I will forever be indebted to Robbie Deans for his faith in me. I had a wow of a time. I hope it will hold me in good stead. No one has security at that level. I'm grateful for the opportunity.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...-says-phil-blake/story-e6frg7o6-1226337473903

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Tom Carter who is off contract with the 'Tahs after this season is exactly the sort of experienced player who would provide backline starch and leadership for the Force.
Is this really likely though Bruce? I was under the impression Tommy was never keen to play for anyone other than NSW.

Unless anyone else from Uni is going to be heading over to Perth next year too?

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
There is a fair bit of Force hating going on in this thread. :)

Dean Mumm? Tom Carter? Mark Chisholm? Give us a little credit.

Who are you going to suggest next? Rocky Elsom? Ben Hand? Maybe if we are lucky the Brumbies will release Leon Power for us.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Is this really likely though Bruce? I was under the impression Tommy was never keen to play for anyone other than NSW.

Unless anyone else from Uni is going to be heading over to Perth next year too?

I think you are right about his attachment to Sydney and the Waratahs, Jnor, but he hasn't been recontracted yet so far as I know. Consequently he could be worth an approach.

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
Nalaga has been shit for the last two years.

Clermont >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Force

And i think defences in Top 14 are better than in Super Rugby. You won't see final results of 54-48 in Top 14.

Yep that is true...
That what makes most of the Top 14 too annoying for me and makes me watch Super Rugby

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
There is a fair bit of Force hating going on in this thread. :)

Dean Mumm? Tom Carter? Mark Chisholm? Give us a little credit.

Who are you going to suggest next? Rocky Elsom? Ben Hand? Maybe if we are lucky the Brumbies will release Leon Power for us.

Mark Chisholm was an excellent Super Rugby lock...

Leon Power has yet to play to his level... or Mumm's...

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Mark Chisholm was an excellent Super Rugby lock...

Leon Power has yet to play to his level... or Mumm's...

I'm being a bit harsh. I just don't like Mark Chisholm.

That was more directed towards Dean Mumm and Tom Carter.

I know he wasn't that flash, but I wouldn't mind having Tom Hockings back.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
If the Force do indeed have both Genia and Pocock next year they're well on the way to success.

Throw in the possibility of Chekia as coach and maybe Peter Grant as 10 (it's been touted but only possible if marquee players are outside of the salary cap).

Interesting times in WA.

Status
Not open for further replies.