• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

What bargaining power could he possibly have? No one wants him but the Force.

He always has the option to walk away from the Force offer and ply his trade overseas (Europe/Japan). A couple of great games against the AB's would remind a few teams, hey this kid can play and he is only 23 lets take a punt on him.

Its all total speculation of course and he may have just realised after a bit of talking down from senior Wallabies that he needs to be 100% focused on his committment to the Wallabies for this series.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
He always has the option to walk away from the Force offer and ply his trade overseas (Europe/Japan). A couple of great games against the AB's would remind a few teams, hey this kid can play and he is only 23 lets take a punt on him.

Its all total speculation of course and he may have just realised after a bit of talking down from senior Wallabies that he needs to be 100% focused on his committment to the Wallabies for this series.

I thought the window for an overseas gig had closed, unless he sits out a season?

BigSteve

Herbert Moran (7)
Possible Force backline. Looking quite dangerous

9. Alby Matthewson
10. Zack holmes/ Saias Ebersohn
11. JOC (James O'Connor)
12. Kyle godwin
13. Marcel Brache? (maybe Rasolea. he has potential)
14. Nick Cummins
15. Luke Morahan

21.Ian Prior
22. Dane Haylett-Petty
23.Jayden Hayward

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There is some talk over in the East that Hugh Roach has signed or is going to sign with the Force on the back of his cameo guest appearance with the Force vs B&I Lions.

Any truth to the rumour?

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)

9. Alby Matthewson
11. JOC (James O'Connor)
12. Kyle godwin
14. Nick Cummins
15. Luke Morahan

21.Ian Prior
22. Dane Haylett-Petty
23.Jayden Hayward

Think we would be more likely to see:

9. Mathewson
10. Holmes
11. Cummins (if re-signed)
12. Godwin
13. Rasolea
14. Morahan
15. O'Connor (if signed)

With Prior, Stubbs and Hayward on the bench. If O'Connor and Cummins fall into place, it will be first time since 2009 where we can legitimately say that the squad looks better this year than it did last year.

There is some talk over in the East that Hugh Roach has signed or is going to sign with the Force on the back of his cameo guest appearance with the Force vs B&I Lions.

Any truth to the rumour?

No official or unofficial word. Seems strange that he didn't go to Argentina. I reckon he'd definitely be on Foley's radar and perhaps his style of play might suit the new scrum laws. I would be surprised if Roach was offered a full contract at the Force. Given the lack of experienced, super quality hookers, wouldn't the Waratahs offer him an EPS spot at least?

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)

9. Alby Matthewson
11. JOC (James O'Connor)
12. Kyle godwin
14. Nick Cummins
15. Luke Morahan

21.Ian Prior
22. Dane Haylett-Petty
23.Jayden Hayward

Does the composition of the backline matter if Foley continues to play the risk averse game? Is he planning to move on from what we saw this year? I felt that the game plan this year was basically Tahs lite, ie the plan played at the Tahs without the pack selected and honed for three years to produce that plan.

Cpt Crow Eater

Chris McKivat (8)
Any news on where Steve Meehan is ending up?

Coming down from a head coach spot in Bath to be Foleys wingman must have been an eye opener. I really thought he would do wonders for the Forces attacking game..

Perhaps back home to QLD to take over for Jim Mckay?

lpd

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Looking at the signings made this year does anyone else think the Force could have a good chance of finishing reasonably highly this year maybe? Or is this me being wildly optimistic considering Foley is coach and a similar season was expected of the Waratahs of 2012?

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Does the composition of the backline matter if Foley continues to play the risk averse game? Is he planning to move on from what we saw this year? I felt that the game plan this year was basically Tahs lite, ie the plan played at the Tahs without the pack selected and honed for three years to produce that plan.
Who isn't to say that Foley changes the risk averse game plan due to the backline composition? There's certainly a handful more quality players that might lend itself to a 'smart, creative, running rugby' gameplan.

But then again, it seems you are of the opinion that Foley will screw up our backline no matter what he does, or how dangerous/promising the new signings look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom