• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Force firm favourites to do O'Connor deal

Western Force are in the box seat to re-sign James O'Connor after English premiership club Saracens scoffed at reports they were chasing the wayward Wallaby.
O'Connor was dumped by Melb-ourne Rebels at the end of their Super Rugby season.
Saracens, who already have a 40-man squad for their Aviva premiership campaign, issued the official club line on player signings when asked by _The West Australian _ about the speculation.
"Saracens are regularly linked with leading rugby players around the world and our club policy is to neither confirm nor deny rumours, and to make announcements only when contracts are signed," chief executive Edward Griffiths said.
But another club source said there was no truth in the rumours and he did not know how they started or who started them. They would not be recruiting more players

Read More: http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...835/force-firm-favourites-to-do-oconnor-deal/

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If JOC (James O'Connor) stays in Australia and goes to the Force it is great news for both Australian Rugby and the Force.

Hopefully the backlash against him from the Lions series (both related to on and off the field) and his struggle to find a team that wants him has given him a bit of a reality check that he isn't bigger than the game and needs the confidence and support of his teammates to achieve his best.

As a 23 year old who has played 40 tests he is pretty much out on his own as someone so young with so much experience. If he can fix up the few areas he needs to (mostly off the field) and settles on one backline position to focus on, he could achieve anything in rugby. He absolutely could become one of the greatest Wallabies ever.

Maybe the Force will give him a chance to try and become a 13 if he wants to. Otherwise, he should maybe realise that playing on the wing could be his best position.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Not JOC (James O'Connor).......yet

Force 'outside the square' to sign Western Province pair

The Emirates Western Force is forging a new path as the side builds towards the 2014 Super Rugby season with the signing of exciting inside centre Marcel Brache and promising tighthead prop Chris Heiberg from South Africa’s Western Province.

As the Force enters the second phase of its relaunch, the club is moving away from its reliance on the traditional east coast-based player pool with a renewed focus on developing alternate avenues for selecting players, including the local Perth competition.

RugbyWA CEO Mark Sinderberry says the new approach will expand the Australian rugby playing stocks.

Read More:http://www.westernforce.com.au/NewsEvents/NewsArticles/tabid/905/ArticleID/9942/Default.aspx

M

Moono75

With our focus shifting to recruiting players from South Africa, I think as a mark of respect we should look at re-branding as the West Cape Force!

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Talk on Perth radio this morning that Mickey Arthur has been in talk with Rugby WA about a possible role with in the organisation.

Could be an interesting acquisition especially with the force now looking to SA more for players.

M

Moono75

Talk on Perth radio this morning that Mickey Arthur has been in talk with Rugby WA about a possible role with in the organisation.

Could be an interesting acquisition especially with the force now looking to SA more for players.

Nothing against Mickey but I'm not sure what value he would add other than in a player management/liaison role and providing a broader overall perspective on coaching at an elite level.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Ridiculously of topic.......but how about a jersey colour change that reflects Western Australia.

Any ideas?

T

TOCC

Ridiculously of topic...but how about a jersey colour change that reflects Western Australia.

Any ideas?

Ironically inaugural CEO of the Western Force Peter O'Meara was happy to go with the design of his(and star signing Brendan Cannon's)high schools jersey which was the same colour as WA's official colours. But commercial/marketing interests overrided this decision...

This is what it could have been

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375496648.601661.jpg

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Ironically inaugural CEO of the Western Force Peter O'Meara was happy to go with the design of his(and star signing Brendan Cannon's)high schools jersey which was the same colour as WA's official colours. But commercial/marketing interests overrided this decision.

This is what it could have been

View attachment 3998

Ahh... That's a shame.
The marketing guru's seemed to have ignored the theory that sport, like combat, is tribal in nature.
A jersey should be a battle standard, not something that should be changed whenever the next kid with a new marketing idea comes along.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
We did have the away gold and black uniform untill the ARU's all away gear needs to be white.....

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

M

Moono75

Too late. 8 years down the track and blue is our colour. To change now would be treason.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I would love nothing more that us goung to black and gold bht i doubt it will happy. Would settle for the away uniform to be changed (back)

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.