• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Mentioned it to a mate who was watching the game with me last night (his first ever Force home game). How far we've come and hopefully it continues, because it's the best way forward for the franchise.

M

Moono75

WA guys in the team is the right way forward as long as they are up to scratch. I don't advocate having local players just to appease the home state crowd. I want the best players in the team playing in their best position full stop.

Melchior

Herbert Moran (7)
Force should be supporting the local product wherever possible. The numbers of WAian's in the squad would now seem to be the only bright light for this season. If they are part of the squad they should get game time, which is why I don't understand why Force sign the likes of Scott and Nikoro and bring them over from NZ and then never play them. Surely some local blokes could be fulfilling the same role in the squad and getting valuable experience and help grow the game by having them play at the top level.

M

Moono75

Matt Hodgson has signed up to the end of 2016 with an option for 2017. And god do we need him! Hopefully he can continue his evergreen form along the lines of Brad Thorn.

Looks like Benny McCalman will stick with the Force (piss off Tahs) as well. Good work big dog!!

M

Moono75

I am also happy to see both Hodgo & McCalman committing to the Force for the foreseeable future. I rank loyalty highly as a character trait. Thank you both.

However, we still need to add a couple of gun players in key positions looking at 2016 and beyond. This year has shown how easily the wheels can fall off it everything isn't ticking over at 100%. We don't seem to have the 1 or 2 players that can just turn a game and take the team with them. Preferable these players should be guys that can unlock the attack. The Force has consistently been one of the lowest points scoring teams forever! We don't want to constantly rely on being a lock down team that negates opponents defensively.

B

Bobby Sands

Weirdly enough I have heard that Hodgson is not a very good trainer !

Seems weird, as he is such a warrior on the field. Great news that he re-signed.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
What's happening with your international signings Yamada and Nikoro? They haven't played yet have they? Where are they?

M

Moono75

What's happening with your international signings Yamada and Nikoro? They haven't played yet have they? Where are they?

They are lost in hallways of Force HQ. You would think Nikoro having played some time previously with the Chiefs would warrant a decent look but hasn't been seen. I'm not aware of any injury? Yamada same. If he knows the Force structures etc he should get a look.

I've been going on about Mitch Scott, who also came across the ditch. I've liked what he has shown in attack in the very limited cameos he got against the Hurricanes and Rebels (Rnd 5) but that was the last time he's been seen. He got shafted after the Rebels game and hasn't made the bench even though he was among the leaders in run metres playing about 10 minutes.

Melchior

Herbert Moran (7)
Scott has looked good in the very brief time he has been seen on the field. With the return of DHP the back 3 of DHP, Morahan and Badger look quite settled now, he seems less likely to get game time. Shame as he has signed for 2 years. Can see him asking for a release at the end of the season if he doesn't get any game time.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Weirdly enough I have heard that Hodgson is not a very good trainer !

Seems weird, as he is such a warrior on the field. Great news that he re-signed.

Maybe you should stop "hearing" such rubbish and start talking to people who know.

Hodgo has ALWAYS been the hardest worker in preparation.
Has ALWAYS been 30 minutes early for EVERY training session.

This commitment is the reason that he's been awarded 4 x Force Man of the Year awards.

B

Bobby Sands

Maybe you should stop "hearing" such rubbish and start talking to people who know.

Hodgo has ALWAYS been the hardest worker in preparation.
Has ALWAYS been 30 minutes early for EVERY training session.

This commitment is the reason that he's been awarded 4 x Force Man of the Year awards.

My source is someone who was a good junior WA player, who is now involved WA setup in a development capacity. So I would take his word over yours, but that's just me. George Smith was a poor trainer. So was Wally Lewis.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
My source is someone who was a good junior WA player, who is now involved WA setup in a development capacity. So I would take his word over yours, but that's just me. George Smith was a poor trainer. So was Wally Lewis.

I suggest that this observation was BEFORE he made the Wallabies in 2009 (so more than 6 years ago) and before he won his 3 x Force Player of year Awards.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Does it really matter if someone is a poor trainer? As long as they get results on the field..

What matters is people posting untruths about a professional athlete who is recognised as such by seemingly most people who know him.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
To be fair to Bobby Sands, he wasn't having a go at Hodgson..............

George Smith, blessed be his name, was rumored to have not been the best at training...........

Status
Not open for further replies.