• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
The bloke who I always thought could have been a bloody good 10 for the Force was Ben Lucas. As a Reds fan I wouldn't want him to go but truth is he is far to good to be an understudy or be pushed around a backline to fill in the gaps.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
The bloke who I always thought could have been a bloody good 10 for the Force was Ben Lucas. As a Reds fan I wouldn't want him to go but truth is he is far to good to be an understudy or be pushed around a backline to fill in the gaps.

He was one of the best discoveries in the ARC.

He seems to be doing very well in Europe now.

T

TOCC

He was named at 5/8 in a recent "team of the week" for the Top 14

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

Moono75

Fox Sports indicate that Benny will be off to play in Japan after the World Cup. Relaxing the ARU contracting system will give him the flexibility to return and play Super Rugby but that could end up being with the Tahs. The article also talks about Sam Wykes making a move to Japan.

Benny Mac has been one of our rocks and it would be a shame to see him depart the Force. We certainly need to be looking to the future and shoring up our recruitment to even remain competitive. If we lost Benny that could be a massive body blow to attracting and retaining players of any note.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/a...-after-world-cup/story-e6frf4pu-1227285400632

B

Bobby Sands

Can anyone on here tell me about Hayden Anderson and Riley Winter?

If Hayden beat Croke to the blindside spot, he must be a pretty combative player.

It also sounds like Winter is a TH lock? Great news if so.

WA producing the big rangy forwards, love your work.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Wykes is a controversial player. It'll be interesting to see how we go without him and who we look to to replace him.

Can anyone on here tell me about Hayden Anderson and Riley Winter?

If Hayden beat Croke to the blindside spot, he must be a pretty combative player.

It also sounds like Winter is a TH lock? Great news if so.

WA producing the big rangy forwards, love your work.

Word on Hayden is that he could be anything if he can get his aggression under control (sounds a bit like a Rocky Elsom type). Apparently he put Ross Haylett-Petty (Aus U20 Number 8 last year) on his ass in one of the trial matches.

Don't know anything about Riley. I have been banging on about Oscar Backhouse for a while (out injured, but I definitely think would have made the Aus U20s). Great to have a couple of big boppers coming through. Would love to see Oscar and Riley get a run for the Perth Spirit at the end of the year.

B

Bobby Sands

Word on Hayden is that he could be anything if he can get his aggression under control (sounds a bit like a Rocky Elsom type). Apparently he put Ross Haylett-Petty (Aus U20 Number 8 last year) on his ass in one of the trial matches.

Was this last year ? Sounds very promising. Always good to have some mongrel.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
It was earlier this year. Before the Force played the Asia Pacific Dragons. RHP played for Force A against Perth Spirit (mostly WA U20s).

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Interesting

McCALMAN NOT LOST TO NSW
There is no end in sight to the provincial arm wrestle over Wallabies No.8 Ben McCalman. Contrary to reports, McCalman has promised the Western Force he will return to Perth after playing in Japan at the end of this year, the Waratahs consider themselves still very much in the hunt for his signature next year.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Tom Taylor. That's who the Force should be trying to lure to fill our 10 spot next year.

Sitting behind Slade and Carter, he's too good to be wasted on the bench.

Unfortunately if he leaves the home land he'll likely go north for cash, but he's potentially the best reserve 10/12 in the comp.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
With the amount of talent heading north post RWC, next years comp could be very surprising.

Strange for Taylor to go when he would have likely become the starting 10.

I can't help but think there is a log jam for AB selection chances at the moment. It being an aging side, I think NZ players maybe seeing the world early before coming home and trying to crack that AB dream they all have. I'm not saying it is right or wrong but maybe that is the plan.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I would agree except Taylor is 26. That's right at the limit. Piatau at 23 is the right age to be having a crack at that plan.

But as pointed out in another thread, ask Hosea Gear how easy it is. He is playing for the Chiefs development side. Can't even crack the 23.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I didn't realise he was that old. He would be a good asset for the Force.

His kind of regained favor over Boshoff but a while back I thought Janties might have been a good option for you blokes.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think John Mitchell tried to recruit him (Jantjes).

I wonder what Michael Foley's long term plans for Luke Burton are. He might be a good option at 10. He reminds me a bit of Ben Lucas (who I was always keen on seeing at the Force) as he doesn't have a lot of frills but has bucket loads of heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.