• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

greg woods

I thought i heard that sias ebersohn had gone back to saffa? also badger back to japan i think

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
The Force are pretty well stocked with McCalman, Cottrell, Stander, Hodgo, Alcock, Koteka and the utilities Mafi and RHP.

I would say we could use a linebusting centre a la Tom Hill because he looks quality; that and we have all steppers and no hard runners in midfield.

The force need brains in the midfield. Ben Tapuai is that player the Force need someone with skill and spark. They also need to change the way they are playing 10 man footy doesn't win you games in Super Rugby anymore e.g. Territory and one out forwards ball. The force need tries, period... and you won't get that from well most crash ball players

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
The force need brains in the midfield. Ben Tapuai is that player the Force need someone with skill and spark. They also need to change the way they are playing 10 man footy doesn't win you games in Super Rugby anymore e.g. Territory and one out forwards ball. The force need tries, period. and you won't get that from well most crash ball players

Yup.
Our current tactic of pick and goes, and then a poor kick to turn over possession doesnt seem to be working. There needs to be some loops, some steps, something to make the defence second guess.
FWIW I think the forwards are fine. We get possession. They can protect the ball. Although our scrum needs some work.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
If one of Godwin or Tapuai find some form, it will be helpful for the Wallabies with To'omua likely to go. I am pretty sure that both are left-foot kickers. With Quade Cooper now gone, Foley is pretty much a lock in at 10 and we will probably continue to need more than just a crash ball 12.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Foley can hardly be regarded as a lock in when he will be playing non-stop for effectively three seasons in a row. We've seen how others have been unable to regain their form after playing O/S in our usual off season. Injuries and tiredness take their toll.

Could be an opportunity for a bolter at 10, which would probably make it more important for a ball playing 12 rather than a crash baller.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I really hope Tapuai excels for the Force and recaptures his form from a few years back, the Wallabies could use an inform Tapuai.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really hope so as well, huge Tapuai fan, but the addition of Grant to the squad give little hope that Foley will do anything out of the ordinary which would allow Tapuai and Godwin to find some form and show the talent they obviously possess.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
The thought of Godwin and Taps in the midfield makes me a bit more optimistic than in previous years. Assuming we don't kick the air out of the ball we might be a chance to do something in the backline in 2016.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Here is where the problem lies for the Force. They have only recruited 12's who are now being forced into being make-shift 13's. Godwin, Rasolea and Tapuai are all inside centres which bring different styles of play. Even Lance is a utility playing most of his career predominately at 12 I think.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Here is where the problem lies for the Force. They have only recruited 12's who are now being forced into being make-shift 13's. Godwin, Rasolea and Tapuai are all inside centres which bring different styles of play. Even Lance is a utility playing most of his career predominately at 12 I think.

The way I see it, there is very little separating Godwin, Rasolea and Tapuai, as decent as they are. Rasolea has the size to straighten the attack but that's not how he plays.

Granted, all three have been shuffled around the centres, impacting on their effectiveness at 12 and 13. But they are not strictly 12s.

Tapuai - and perhaps even Godwin - have the prime opportunity to cement their place in the 13 jersey IMO.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
We signed Semisi Mesirewa from Manuwatu in the ITM Cup. Recovering from a broken ankle but should be at least light training by after New year.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Whispers on the Shute Shield 2016 thread that Shannon Frazier from Randwick has been lured West in some sort of Assistant Coaching capacity.

M

Moono75

My bold prediction for the year is the Force will be the top try scoring team and we WILL take out the Super Rugby Championship with Foley named coach of the year. I'll revise these predictions and let you know my 2016 predictions in 32 hours time :D

Status
Not open for further replies.