• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
Something will be happening with yellow and black. Our member packs came today (after not getting one at all last year to get 5 on the one day was very pleasing) and the kids hat were yellow and gold. Adults got blue and grey with gold trim

2f89a4f4051ab6b61a4ec2e182ccc330.jpg

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Something will be happening with yellow and black. Our member packs came today (after not getting one at all last year to get 5 on the one day was very pleasing) and the kids hat were yellow and gold. Adults got blue and grey with gold trim

2f89a4f4051ab6b61a4ec2e182ccc330.jpg

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Jesus - I wouldn't wear either but those kids hats are carcinogenic.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Western Force Owners Pty Ltd will be formed with the purpose of securing the operating licence for the Western Force to participate in the Super Rugby competition for the duration of the current broadcasting agreements (until 2020).]

Is this an ongoing licence, or does it cease to exist after 2020? My understanding was the original plan was to buy back the IP. Do the fans end up with anything that secures the Force's ongoing future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Good question about the IP. But I think the ARU's long term goal was to gain all of the Super franchises IP's. So I can't see them giving it up.

The license is a complete unknown. You would hope there is a mechanism in place to ensure the company isn't formed unless the license is guaranteed until 2020. But I don't think any assurances beyond 2020 will be given. It's a risk participants have to reconcile if they want to take part.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Heath Tessman and Ben McCalman to be co-captains of the Force next year. I'd still expect TPN to start, with Tessman providing more leadership from the bench (and across the club more broadly obviously)

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Heath Tessman and Ben McCalman to be co-captains of the Force next year. I'd still expect TPN to start, with Tessman providing more leadership from the bench (and across the club more broadly obviously)

Good choices they have already said McCalman will be the onfield match day captain with Tessmann in charge of the clubs standard I guess more like you local club where they have a firsts captain and a club captain.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I actually laughed when the Foxsports headline said "surprise captain choice" or something roughly to that affect.

To me this is the logical choice.

shasta55

Frank Row (1)
My guess is he's looking for a lot more than his current fitness and form would net him from a Super Rugby contract.
I was (cynically) referring to a couple of years back. He had to go to Japan to help his family financially. The ARU, in it's wisdom, could not come up with the readies to keep him here. A ready made marketing phenomenon was gonski.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
yeah, I'd find some space for him. A little from Game Development and a little from Marketing for a salary. Get him out doing school visits and corporate gigs alike. He's probably one of the most identifiable faces (voices?) in Oz Rugby and they should be grabbing it.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
yeah, I'd find some space for him. A little from Game Development and a little from Marketing for a salary. Get him out doing school visits and corporate gigs alike. He's probably one of the most identifiable faces (voices?) in Oz Rugby and they should be grabbing it.

What a great idea

Yes he's certainly the man most rugby Mums would like their little Johnny and to follow and become just like him.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I was (cynically) referring to a couple of years back. He had to go to Japan to help his family financially. The ARU, in it's wisdom, could not come up with the readies to keep him here. A ready made marketing phenomenon was gonski.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's certainly a fair point.

I thought you were talking about now in relation to the Force signing Rona and Peni.

Status
Not open for further replies.