• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Good point, the post has been corrected.
Some of their earlier work.

6uxyzYP.jpg

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
The Force home jersey should be WHITE, with a bit of blue. Just a marketing move to position the brand. You have too many Blue's team in Super Rugby: Bulls, Blues, Brumbies, Waratahs, Rebels, you can be the only one white team in the competition, without losing your identity. Something similar that Rebels did and was a good move for them, now they are the only team in the competition with that design (Horizontal stripes blue and white)

White shorts, white socks and white jersey with a bit of blue:

Western_Force_Super_Rugby_Playing_Kit_jd_D6_Hk_Lziv.jpg

Western_Force_David_Pocock.jpg

Western_Force_Super_Rugby_Playing_Kit_DLQVvddk2f.jpg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
"Own The Force" initiative getting some coverage:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/article.cfm?c_id=80&objectid=11754088

Not sure how players & staff buying in reconciles with them then having voting rights to the new Board & approval of reappointments (& presumably new ones) of key positions, but good on them for putting their hands up. That said, I guess it'd look pretty bad if you didn't, esp at contract renewal time........

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
The Force home jersey should be WHITE, with a bit of blue. Just a marketing move to position the brand. You have too many Blue's team in Super Rugby: Bulls, Blues, Brumbies, Waratahs, Rebels, you can be the only one white team in the competition, without losing your identity. Something similar that Rebels did and was a good move for them, now they are the only team in the competition with that design (Horizontal stripes blue and white)

White shorts, white socks and white jersey with a bit of blue:

Western_Force_Super_Rugby_Playing_Kit_jd_D6_Hk_Lziv.jpg

Western_Force_David_Pocock.jpg

Western_Force_Super_Rugby_Playing_Kit_DLQVvddk2f.jpg

No thr home Jersey should be Black and Gold just like the spirit.

I've been told that the force will revert back the gold away strip this year and that white won't play apart in the home strip.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
For fucks sake. Can someone please grab Jonno Lance and wrap him up in some cotton wool.

Our first game is 16 weeks away, plenty of time to get a broken arm right. But a big chunk of hope for next season rides on his shoulders

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
For those interested, a bit more detail on the Force offer.

Western Force logo

Firstly, thank you for your interest in owning a share in the Western Force. The overwhelming support of Western Australians and rugby fans has had a tangible influence on our position with Super Rugby and the national and international rugby community.

You may have seen in the media recently that the SANZAAR (organising body for Super Rugby) has delayed the decision on the 2018 competition structure until March 2017. This gives us the opportunity to complete the fundraising process, which will provide the financial stability required to convince the Australian Rugby Union to continue supporting a national footprint.

Many of you have also completed the online survey, which has provided insight into how you believe the Western Force ownership model should function and has affected changes to the structure of the offer. We greatly appreciate your input.

Western Force Owners Pty Ltd will be formed with the purpose of securing the operating licence for the Western Force to participate in the Super Rugby competition for the duration of the current broadcasting agreements (until 2020).

The initial offer to purchase a share in Western Force Owners Pty Ltd will be 10,000 shares @ $1,000 each. For the company to be formed, a minimum subscription of 3,000 shares must be attained. The company will be for profit and shares may be bought and sold.

Shareholders will be entitled to a number of benefits:

10% discount on annual season tickets per share, with an additional 2% discount for each additional share up to a maximum 25% discount. Shareholders of 25 or mores shares are also entitled to 50% discount on season tickets for five years;
10% discount on annual community rugby club registration fees;
10% discount on all Western Force official merchandise;
Priority access to all Western Force tickets and Wallaby test matches;
Western Force ‘Owners Pack’, including recognition at Western Force headquarters and limited edition merchandise;
Western Force commitment to community rugby clubs.
Shareholders will also have the opportunity to be elected to an Owners Council, which will be established to represent shareholders and assist in the club making decisions on behalf of all owners.

The Owners Council will also:

Provide scheduled feedback to the Board and senior management as to:
Match day experience;
Team performance; and
Adherence to the Western Force philosophy;
Be consulted when key staff are appointed,
Be consulted as to the use of surplus funds.
In the next week we expect to finalise the shareholder prospectus and we will be seeking shareholder commitment by December 31. In the meantime if you have further queries please contact us at info@westernforce.com.au.

Thank you again for your support.

Mark Sinderberry
Chief Executive Officer, Western Force

PS: Pease don’t forget to order your memberships – we need all of you to be at opening game vs Queensland Reds on the 2nd March.

https://www.westernforce.com.au/memberships

Western Force logo Super Rugby logo
Western Force PO Box 146, Floreat WA 6014 | Phone: 08 9387 0700 | info@rugbywa.com.au

You are receiving this email because you support the Western Force. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, unsubscribe here.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yes I received this as well and was interested to note that the sale is now for $10 million rather than the original 5 mil.
Anyone have any intel in this?

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
To make things a bit more boring (I love this new Force initiative), hows the diagnosis / recovery time for Lance?

Poor bloke has some serious potential but seemingly turns to porcelain when he gets an opportunity.

I see him as very, very important for the Force in 2016.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
No thr home Jersey should be Black and Gold just like the spirit.

I've been told that the force will revert back the gold away strip this year and that white won't play apart in the home strip.

But you have the Hurricanes, they are black and yellow. The smart move is being the only one white team in the competition, like Real Madrid in Spanish soccer. Think about it

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
But you have the Hurricanes, they are black and yellow. The smart move is being the only one white team in the competition, like Real Madrid in Spanish soccer. Think about it
Rebels pushing white quite hard too.

Very ugly shade of grey on the supporter gear this year as well.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Rebels pushing white quite hard too.

Very ugly shade of grey on the supporter gear this year as well.

But do you prefer the new design (horizontal stripes) over the old blue jersey? For an outsider like me, it was a good idea. I almost bought the Rebels jersey this season, something unthought for me.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
But do you prefer the new design (horizontal stripes) over the old blue jersey? For an outsider like me, it was a good idea. I almost bought the Rebels jersey this season, something unthought for me.
Needs simplifying, but yes. Hoops are a classy design, as are navy, white and red colours.

They can still do better than what they've currently got. I'd like to us wear the Counties Manakau jersey with white shorts and swapping the black for navy.

I'll see if I can find a pic of my ugly scarf and hat for the grey.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Designed by Pitcairn Architecture firm Gunston, Pillock and Gunston. The structure incorporates a revolutionary automated self-washing system which involves soapy water shooting from a skyward-pointing spout positioned at the very peak of the building. The cleansing liquid then dribbles down the sides the building, keeping it clean. #when_things_get_really_filthy

73e95956770b4b4e80482a67e1c82893.png

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Nah, the Brumbies are the ones who need to revert back to their predominantly white jersey - in fact I believe there's plans to eventually do this..........

The Force should embrace the gold and black.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Unfortunately that horse has bolted. The Force now are and will forever more be blue. The "sea of blue" gets mentioned at every game. The only way this could change would be for the Force to have a period of sustained success. They would then have enough fans that they could take risks with their branding.

Back and gold should have been our colours, but they stuffed it up 11 years ago. Sea of gold would have been just as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.