• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Actually the Force are looking good long term

The talk about reducing the Australian franchises by 1 is interesting. The Force seemed the most likely to go but now, I think not. Rebels appear fairly safe as well.

Nah, I don't think anything has changed in that regard - they're still the most vulnerable, but it's good to see the Force and the ARU both working to try and prevent that........

Hopefully we won't won't see any teams get the cut, as that would be a massive backward step for Australian rugby.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
So I read that Perth was getting a Bledisloe next year but when the Australia draw came out it had Perth hosting the Springbok ? Can some one clear that up for me ?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So 2017 could well be the defining year for Force Rugby. As of yet we don't really have a dedicated team of writers for our blog to cover the season. We'd ideally like a group of people to cover off match previews, match reviews and any other story ideas from across the season.

Media accreditation is available if you are keen, but not required.

Let me know if you are keen by a direct message.

Cheers

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
Good to see (at least for me) the Chiefs and Tahs games moved to 545

https://www.westernforce.com.au/article/double-time-change-force-home-fixtures

There is no stated reason other than "Family Friendly Timeslot"

Funnily enough more complaints on the FB page at the time of posting including one about not wanting to pay money to listen to kids screaming and talking nonsense. Having a 9, 7 and 3 year old all with the free kids memberships offered by the Force I think it is fantastic. Interested to see what others think

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
of course i makes it difficult for club players,officials,supporters etc etc to get to the game when the clubs premier team doesn't finish until 5 pm!!

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
of course i makes it difficult for club players,officials,supporters etc etc to get to the game when the clubs premier team doesn't finish until 5 pm!!
Don't most clubs play early or Prem's/Resies on the Friday

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
there maybe one or two prem games on a friday if there are lights on the grounds-the rest of the comp play at normal time on Saturday

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
At Soaks even if not Friday games tend to be shifted 30 min early

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Something will be happening with yellow and black. Our member packs came today (after not getting one at all last year to get 5 on the one day was very pleasing) and the kids hat were yellow and gold. Adults got blue and grey with gold trim

2f89a4f4051ab6b61a4ec2e182ccc330.jpg

I'm happy with my white Force cap and blue Force T-shirt that I bought from their merchandise outlet, when I visited a couple of Gold Coast mates who were Force recruits, in 2003!
Their facilities have improved immensely, since those days at Perry Lakes Stadium, (the run-down venue of the 1962 Commonwealth Games).

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
So I read that Perth was getting a Bledisloe next year but when the Australia draw came out it had Perth hosting the Springbok ? Can some one clear that up for me ?

Tomikin, my theory on this is:
Given that that The Wallabies have trouble winning the Bledisloe Cup against New Zealand, moves were at foot to change the concept of the Bledisloe Cup format, to a contest of three test matches played between Australia and South Africa!!
Charles Bathurst, 1st Viscount Bledisloe, KCMG KBE PC, was questioned about the changes, but refused to comment, so it was assumed that he endorsed the change in format!!

Status
Not open for further replies.