• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
It actually makes sense to sign him. It's a short term loan of a player who had experience in a professional environment and is therefore more ready physically to make an impact than a young buck off the streets from brisbane or Sydney. Also couple it with the fact that any player the force pull in from the eastern seaboard would have a day job which would be put at risk due to a month long loan, then you can see why loaning someone from somewhere else makes sense.

I think it might if been foley or chicks who said that it takes 2 years usually for a player to acclimatise physically to the rigours of pro rugby...force don't have that time

Melchior

Herbert Moran (7)
Ainsley is now reported to be out for 'at least 10 weeks' after the shenanigans at scrum time last week. Shambeckler Vui has been flown to NZ as his replacement.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Fuck the Force - they sign a bunch of SAFFERS, now a Scottish Development player.
I would rather the Force/ARU spend the money on Australian players.
Dont think signing a Scottish player will help the argument to keep them in Super Rugby.

Who's kicking around that could play professional rugby off the bench tomorrow? Ed Gower? Tim Buchanan. That'd hardly do much for Australian Rugby's future.

Keep in mind at lock they're already 'developing' Matwijow (26ish), Philip (22ish), Arnold (26ish), and RHP (22ish). All these blokes have less that a season's worth of Super caps.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Who's kicking around that could play professional rugby off the bench tomorrow? Ed Gower? Tim Buchanan. That'd hardly do much for Australian Rugby's future.

And the reality is that they would be offered not much money to join the squad for part of the season with no guarantee of game time and no reasonable prospect of a contract next season.

N

NTT

Fuck the Force - they sign a bunch of SAFFERS, now a Scottish Development player.
Dont think signing a Scottish player will help the argument to keep them in Super Rugby.

Bunch of SAFFERS? Who? Stander, Van Wyk and Brache? Like when the Tahs signed Zac Guilford? Or Daryl Gibson? Or Hawera and Garden-Bachop at the Brumbies and Rebels? Or Mafi and Tui the Japanese internationals at the Reds and Rebels? Shota Horie, Ged Robinson, Jason Woodward, Volavola, Cipriani?

What is your point?

N

NTT

The locks in the Future Force are both 18 years old and the next best Sam Offer is only just turned 20. As mentioned above, we are developing RHP, Philip, Coleman, Havili-Kaufusi and have Matwijow out long term. Thats a potential 8 future super rugby locks right there. Plus the Scottish player is on loan so he wouldn't be costing us much apart from housing.

N

NTT

hey NTT how long it will take to make my own posts ? and how many posts do i have to make for creating my own topics ? help me friend and tell me something about this forum. ;)

Post whatever you want. If you need permission to write something than this is not the place for you.

M

Moono75

Says the man whose avatar pays homage to the marketing concoction of an international burger conglomerate. But, as has been pointed out by others, every side has had international players join their ranks at some point. Why point the finger at us. The Force have plenty of young Australian players they given starts to, developed and provided an opportunity to play Super Rugby.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
im not asking for permission, but asking that when my account will be fully activated and i can create my own post here ? cuz right now im not able to do such things. so your help is required. my ( dear ) friend :)

I think it is around 50 posts before you can create your own threads.

If you have a valid idea for a thread, please let me know and I will create the thread for you and you can put your post there.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Says the man whose avatar pays homage to the marketing concoction of an international burger conglomerate. But, as has been pointed out by others, every side has had international players join their ranks at some point. Why point the finger at us. The Force have plenty of young Australian players they given starts to, developed and provided an opportunity to play Super Rugby.

to strenghen your point: Adam Coleman, Harry Scoble, DHP, Pek Cowan, Ben McCalman, RHP among others

M

Moono75

The Force gave Matt Philip a full contract for 2017 after coming in as injury cover during 2016. Kane Koteka local lad who has come through the Future Force setup (see Scoble also) and is now playing Super Rugby.

The Force works and provides plenty of opportunity for Australian talent to get a start. Not many other teams would have got Pocock and James O'Connor playing in the top team at such a young age.

N

NTT

im not asking for permission, but asking that when my account will be fully activated and i can create my own post here ? cuz right now im not able to do such things. so your help is required. my ( dear ) friend :)

Piss off troll.

N

NTT

Also include Richie Arnold in the group of locks coming through the current Force setup for 9 locks in the future for super rugby.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)

The avatar was added by the forum administrators Moono (your avatar is a howling dog I notice seeing these things are of interest to you ). Think the Force have done a lot right however when Australian Rugby is struggling I dont think it helps to import foreigners. It is nigh impossible to get a development opportunity in Scotland given the rules there (unless you have ancestry that qualifies you as a local) yet we do it here.
Bunch of SAFFERS? Who? Stander, Van Wyk and Brache? Like when the Tahs signed Zac Guilford? Or Daryl Gibson? Or Hawera and Garden-Bachop at the Brumbies and Rebels? Or Mafi and Tui the Japanese internationals at the Reds and Rebels? Shota Horie, Ged Robinson, Jason Woodward, Volavola, Cipriani?

What is your point?
Use Australian rugby resources (ie money) to develop Australian rugby players.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Wonder why they chose a clown?

Perhaps in future you might commence your post with less inflammatory language than "F@ck the Force".
Fair enough - perfectly acceptable feedback. I was a angry for reasons you don't know however will cop your suggestion and act accordingly. Think the avatar was as per your previous reference to the name Macca. As for your avatar of a howling dog.....clearly that is not you so lets leave it there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

M

Moono75

Fair enough - perfectly acceptable feedback. I was a angry for reasons you don't know however will cop your suggestion and act accordingly. Think the avatar was as per your previous reference to the name Macca. As for your avatar of a howling dog...clearly that is not you so lets leave it there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Fair enough ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.