• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
There are Comments on the TWF website from those in the know (posters involved with he force) that suggest that the Force won't go quietly if the ARU does in fact try to chop them.

The talk is around the alliance agreement that was made and clauses that may have been written in the agreement for the duration of their aliace. I in no way have any info on this was just an interesting comment from posters who in the past have proven to have a bit of knowledge around the happening of the force.

N

NTT

There are Comments on the TWF website from those in the know (posters involved with he force) that suggest that the Force won't go quietly if the ARU does in fact try to chop them.

The talk is around the alliance agreement that was made and clauses that may have been written in the agreement for the duration of their aliace. I in no way have any info on this was just an interesting comment from posters who in the past have proven to have a bit of knowledge around the happening of the force.

Seeing as our new Premier has spoken to Pulver and reinforced his point by letter and the new sports WA minister have said they will support RugbyWA financially and legally to enforce any clauses that keep us in Super Rugby until 2020 then it is safe to say we wont be going quietly.
As for Louwrens ACL, thats a massive blow for us but we have Ruru who was good vs the Blues and Ian Prior who has come on in the last couple of seasons.

N

NTT

13 who scored for Kalamunda is Jordan Holgate, 13 from Nedlands is James Verity-Amm and William Latu from Wanneroo were on there too. All Future Force members.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
I would think that the ARU should provide level funding to franchises that are sold to private ownerships, in which case, according to the financial reports, in 2015 the ARU made a post sale payment of $1.4m to "increased financial support provided for MRRU" and in 2016, they provided $2.6m to the Rebels as part of "special funding as part of the external sale agreement". These payments are in addition to what the franchises received. If the Force go ahead with their buyout, at the very least, look to that sale agreement for extra payments beyond the year of sale, whats good for the Rebels must surely be as good for the Force.

Forceright

Allen Oxlade (6)
Can everyone take a moment to realise what a gem we have in the Future Force program, Mees Erasmus. Check out his try for Palmyra on the weekend. His try is at 1.07.

Reminder: HE'S A PROP.
Looks like the try he ran in at the 10s last year. He can really move when he wants to! LOL!

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
I would think that the ARU should provide level funding to franchises that are sold to private ownerships, in which case, according to the financial reports, in 2015 the ARU made a post sale payment of $1.4m to "increased financial support provided for MRRU" and in 2016, they provided $2.6m to the Rebels as part of "special funding as part of the external sale agreement". These payments are in addition to what the franchises received. If the Force go ahead with their buyout, at the very least, look to that sale agreement for extra payments beyond the year of sale, whats good for the Rebels must surely be as good for the Force.
The 2016 payment was the first part of $6m being paid to the Rebels over 5 years in lieu of $8.5m being provided to the other franchises over the same period. The Rebels deal is just front ended. I am sure if the Force fan deal goes through, the ARU would be happy to provide level funding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N

NTT

We've already gone over the $6million vs $8.5million thing elsewhere. The private owner kicks in the shortfall and uses his own money for extra funding. And its not in lieu of the administration funding for the other funding the others get, it is supplementary to what the private owner puts in as he has now assumed that funding responsibility from the ARU when he bought it.
We've been through it. Dont come on our teams thread just to start something back up that is wrong and deceitful.
To assume we would get the same deal if we bought the license back is wishful thinking considering through our history we have received $15 million less from the ARU then Melbourne have.
Like i said, we've covered this elsewhere, no need to come on this thread just to reignite it for no other reason than to be a pest.

N

NTT

Some creative fans.

Attachments

• IMG_20170407_112707.jpg
    IMG_20170407_112707.jpg
    401.1 KB · Views: 216
M

Moono75

Hope they kept enough to buy some shares as that is about $250 of new merchandise out there. though mind you it is in crawley

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

it might not be there tomrrow!!

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
The 2016 payment was the first part of $6m being paid to the Rebels over 5 years in lieu of $8.5m being provided to the other franchises over the same period. The Rebels deal is just front ended. I am sure if the Force fan deal goes through, the ARU would be happy to provide level funding.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've already gone over the $6million vs $8.5million thing elsewhere. The private owner kicks in the shortfall and uses his own money for extra funding. And its not in lieu of the administration funding for the other funding the others get, it is supplementary to what the private owner puts in as he has now assumed that funding responsibility from the ARU when he bought it.
We've been through it. Dont come on our teams thread just to start something back up that is wrong and deceitful.
To assume we would get the same deal if we bought the license back is wishful thinking considering through our history we have received $15 million less from the ARU then Melbourne have.
Like i said, we've covered this elsewhere, no need to come on this thread just to reignite it for no other reason than to be a pest.

Stoff, you have been pushing your agenda with the misrepresentative numbers for awhile. So time to cut the BS. As reported:

Brumbies received $5.775 million in funding from the ARU - the smallest amount of any team including the NSW Waratahs and Queensland Reds.

The Force was given $7.357 million
The Rebels' pockets were filled with $8.3 million. (with a private owner!).

Status
Not open for further replies.