• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
Update from the Force;

ROAD SAFETY WESTERN FORCE UPDATE

By David Berrie on Fri 21st April 17
Team%20Ann%20v%20CHI_0.jpg
Recent media reports have suggested that the Road Safety Western Force’s continued participation in the Super Rugby competition hinges on the outcome of a further meeting between the Australian Rugby Union (ARU) Board and the RugbyWA Board.
RugbyWA’s position is clear. Under current arrangements the Road Safety Western Force is entitled to participate in the Super Rugby competition until 30 December 2020.
There is no basis on which the ARU can purport to remove the Western Force from the Super Rugby competition. The ARU must work to ensure that the Western Force remains based in Perth for many seasons to come.
Put simply, RugbyWA is not required to ‘state a business (or any) case’ for the Western Force to remain in the Super Rugby competition.
That said, RugbyWA remains committed to working with the ARU to help it find a way to achieve a resolution of the current uncertainty. Rugby WA has sought a meeting with the ARU next Thursday, 27 April 2017 to progress discussions as to how it might assist the ARU.

https://www.westernforce.com.au/article/road-safety-western-force-update

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Great to see the Scottish rookie get his first cap at Lock this week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jon

Chris McKivat (8)
Shots fired!!! the ARU/RWA Relationship is totally ruined now.
Working with them next year and onwards is going to be fun...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
Shots fired!!! the ARU/RWA Relationship is totally ruined now.
Working with them next year and onwards is going to be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about totally ruined. If the Force are able to remain in the comp there has to be a relationship. I think it will just take a while for any trust to be re-established.

Forceright

Allen Oxlade (6)
Judging by the hole the ARU have managed to dig themselves into, there should be a completely new Board soon, so relationships will start anew, WHEN The Force get the all clear.

Boomer

Alfred Walker (16)
Having heard from a few ppl in the DSR & the gov, they aren't getting too involved early. They don't believe gov intervention will be needed based on "what they know" and "what they've been told/seen".

We interpreted that based on info provided by RWA / Force board advice and/or external info advice (legal), the gov seems fairly comfortable the Force will be playing in 2018.

Whomever RWA got to put together the alliance agreement last year - should be given life membership (and possibly a bronze statue outside RWA HQ)

From The Whole Force this afternoon.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I feel like we need to go all Obi Wan on the ARU.

If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

N

NTT

Great to see 300 juniors turn out for the open training session and skills clinic put on by The Western Force at Joondalup Brothers on ANZAC day. Re-engaging the community has been rough but necessary for the Force with the pre season south west tour, open session and skills clinic at Perth Bayswater and the Francois Pienaar session at UWA. The result has seen an increase in junior registrations for the 2017 juniors season which kicked off this morning.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1373924212646324&id=142068615831896

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Great to see 300 juniors turn out for the open training session and skills clinic put on by The Western Force at Joondalup Brothers on ANZAC day. Re-engaging the community has been rough but necessary for the Force with the pre season south west tour, open session and skills clinic at Perth Bayswater and the Francois Pienaar session at UWA. The result has seen an increase in junior registrations for the 2017 juniors season which kicked off this morning.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1373924212646324&id=142068615831896

That is just fabulous! As far as current rugby news goes that is literally a pearl in among the swine.

Melchior

Herbert Moran (7)
Daley injured his knee against the Lions, is not in the touring party to SA and ARG and will miss the rest of the season.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Daley injured his knee against the Lions, is not in the touring party to SA and ARG and will miss the rest of the season.

Gee he can't get more unlucky with injuries - out for the season? He has had so many season ending injuries in the last few years.

M

Moono75

If it wasn't for bad luck he'd have no luck at all. Daley was in good form and was an outside chance to push for higher duties. Hope the ACL rehab goes well. Thanks for your efforts this year Ben.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
If it wasn't for bad luck he'd have no luck at all. Daley was in good form and was an outside chance to push for higher duties. Hope the ACL rehab goes well. Thanks for your efforts this year Ben.

I appreciate your loyalty, Moono, but I haven't seen anything at all from Daly to suggest he should be considered for Wallabies duties, or even the squad. That goes for this year as well as over the whole of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.