• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BLR

I appreciate your loyalty, Moono, but I haven't seen anything at all from Daly to suggest he should be considered for Wallabies duties, or even the squad. That goes for this year as well as over the whole of his career.

He has been very good this year. The Force have been a good scrummaging unit this year and he has been a large part of that. I'd suggest taking the blinkers off.

M

Moono75

I appreciate your loyalty, Moono, but I haven't seen anything at all from Daly to suggest he should be considered for Wallabies duties, or even the squad. That goes for this year as well as over the whole of his career.

He's been mentioned in the teams of the week several times for Rugby.com.au and on various other sites. Selections are the opinions of particular columnists so he certainly wasn't a lock to get in Gold but we appreciate his effort for us regardless.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
HThe Force have been a good scrummaging unit this year and he has been a large part of that. I'd suggest taking the blinkers off.

The Force are equal first with the Kings for most scrum penalties........

I certainly think that Cowan is having a decent year (despite being one of the most penalised props in the comp), but Daley isn't anywhere near consideration for test duties.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
The Force are equal first with the Kings for most scrum penalties....

I certainly think that Cowan is having a decent year (despite being one of the most penalised props in the comp), but Daley isn't anywhere near consideration for test duties.
I'd love to see a break down of the penaltys I have a feeling the bulk are stupid early engagement/no steady calls they definitely haven't been on skates this year and have more than help their own.

B

BLR

The Force are equal first with the Kings for most scrum penalties....
Please, referees wouldn't know the first thing about scrums. Feel free to prove me wrong but just look at scrums from 20 to 30 years ago and tell me they have it under control now.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
He had an awesome game I think R1 against his old team. His name has come up
a few times in WB discussions tbf mostly in a wider squad role.

It is a pity how Ben Daley has gone with injury.

Melchior

Herbert Moran (7)
Van Wyk has spent more time in rehab at the Force than on the field. That said when he actually did play he performed pretty well. Reckon the one year deal might have something to do with the saints just wanting to see if he can remain injury free before they make a bigger commitment on him.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Alright boys I'm fully on the Force bandwagon now.

Force to top the Aussie conference and somehow miraculously win three in a row to take out the Super Rugby title. Cinderella story and all that. Bradbury's going to make an Olympics comeback after seeing it.

Hows your injury list and how long until everyone returns?

DHP and Peni are fucked for the rest of the season aren't they?

Hodgson? McCalman?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Alright boys I'm fully on the Force bandwagon now.

Force to top the Aussie conference and somehow miraculously win three in a row to take out the Super Rugby title. Cinderella story and all that. Bradbury's going to make an Olympics comeback after seeing it.

Hows your injury list and how long until everyone returns?

DHP and Peni are fucked for the rest of the season aren't they?

Hodgson? McCalman?
The week after DHP went down Wessels was on radio saying it was a 4 week injury fox were the ones before this saying it was 10 weeks so who knows but if it is 4 he wouldn't be that far away.

Daley, lowrens, Peni, Ainsley and Matwahijow all confirmed gone for the year.

Not sure about Hodgo or McCalman.

Also no word on Philip, Cotrall, Morahan and Ruru

^^looking at the names out just shows how impressive the win against the Jags was.

Status
Not open for further replies.