• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force V Reds 5th July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
There's no false optimism. The realists amongst us know that this was probably our last win for the year. But with the years we've had before this one, you've got to celebrate the small things or you will become bitter and walk away from it all. Like a shit tonne of other foundation Force supporters I've known.
Don't get me wrong Charger, I reckon you guys will beat the Brumbies next week but will need to get back on track pretty quickly to progress much further into the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
That had to be one of the hardest games to watch all year it was so poor. It was like watching the really corny scenes out of American Pie 4, you know you will cringe but you watch anyway. The way the Reds played tonight would see them lose by a cricket score next week. They'd better fix their ruck defence (and countless other areas) or our backline will just stroll in many tries.

Oh and by the way, apart from a few good things, I thought Simmons was fairly pedestrian. He was walking on more than one ocassion. Perhaps all the Reds were overtrained this week and had no petrol left.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
It is nice that for the first time in our history we go into the final round knowing that a win will see us in a finals appearance.

It is also nice to know that a season that didn't look like it could be much really turned out well. Especially after two humiliating defeats in the first two rounds.

I would hope the Force's performance this year would be heartening to the Rebels fans in that you never know when you team is going to come good and actually string together a few wins and it could just well be next season. Especially with the quality of some of their acquisitions.

M

Moono75

Difference between the two teams was the coaching. Foley Coach of the Year. OK Moono if you say so. Sweet!

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
That had to be one of the hardest games to watch all year it was so poor. It was like watching the really corny scenes out of American Pie 4, you know you will cringe but you watch anyway. The way the Reds played tonight would see them lose by a cricket score next week. They'd better fix their ruck defence (and countless other areas) or our backline will just stroll in many tries.

Oh and by the way, apart from a few good things, I thought Simmons was fairly pedestrian. He was walking on more than one ocassion. Perhaps all the Reds were overtrained this week and had no petrol left.

Jeeeeez, sorry mr running rugby tahs fans, sorry both teams couldn't entertain you for the 80min, it's not like the force needed to win no matter what sort of game it was tonight.

See unlike the tahs sucessful season this year, winning or losing come down on the force and having a chance for the finals...

So,Can you pass onto to your belovered tahs, beat the highlanders tomorrow and don't give them a bonus point. Nice to have 2 Australia teams in the top 6, pitty the reds won't be the team to kick them out of the finals.

And no, it's not 3am in the morning sitting around a fire byself with a night cap of rum extending my 19th ;) birthday.

Pitty the reds didn't win for me..... Kidding @scoey love the reds

Edit: that language is not acceptable. Sully

My bad....

T

Train Without a Station

Simmons has a high work rate, he's ineffective and needs to focus on more impact with his involves rather than a lot of nothing. He puts a few big hits and now he's pedestrian.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

I don't know why you have to isolate Simmons here. The whole team, other than Kerevi (perhaps Beau) were pedestrian. Focussing on Simmo is just vindictive.

It was the worst I've ever seen Harris and Schatz play.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Ahem. One Reds fan!

But he is right in one thing, if they play like that next week there will be no finals for Force.

McMeniman should get a few weeks for that knee on Lucas. I thought he was better than that.

McM will these days, 10 years ago it was part of the backrower's job description to mangle backs who get caught in rucks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Have to say the Reds were dire, they looked clueless again after showing some promise last week whereas the Force put in a session of ugly again and got the job done

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Difference between the two teams was the coaching. Foley Coach of the Year. OK Moono if you say so. Sweet!

I thought the difference was in the forwards. Your boys showed up and bashed us for long stretches of the game. A lot of venom and mongrel. The Reds better find a combination that can consistently hurt next year or we will be running low in the table again.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Not a high quality game all round, but the low light for me was the TMO identifying Red 5 as the culprit for kneeing Lucas. Poor old Big Kev responsible even though he was off the field at the time in the blood bin. Wasn't Gardner absolutely confused by the call. And to make matters worse, when pressed, the TMO then wrongly identified Steenkamp. Eventually, MMM was rightly identified and removed from the game. Should retire before his reputation as being a goodish player is finally exposed as a fraud.

And for @Fatprop's benefit, the incident did not take place at the bottom of a ruck. It was in clear view at least 1 or 2 metres from the ruck in question.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Some Reds fans seem to be poor losers.

Force are winning tight games.

Bring on the Brumbies!

Congratulations on the win. It would be fair to say after last night that the Force need to keep playing rugby to close out those games. I think you shut up shop to early when that bonus point was a real chance. Given how bad we were, I am kind of surprised we got as close to you as we did.

I wan't you to beat the Brumbies next weekend. I think plenty of the Australian rugby community share that sentiment.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
The force did well! It's a good weekend. Shame we couldn't nab the 4th try but a win is a win and it keeps is alive! The main thing helping us is that the kiwi teams have had no bonus points over the last 2 weeks. The games have been tight. Unusual for NZ games but very helpful for the force and brumbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.