• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force V Reds 5th July

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
E4897C6A-A14A-4A69-B447-7B884568CA30_zps8nfb6vqe.jpg
[/URL]

Yeah,not the honey badger document I was expecting....

Nice to end his time here in Aus on a win

Badger will be back when he is ready

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
What results do we need for both the Force and Brumbies to sneak in the six?
Bonus point draw?

Its complicated, there are multiple options. The Force may well rue closing it up instead of going on the attack for a four try bonus point. If they miss out it could well be because of this. The Hurricanes are now one point ahead of the Force, when a bonus point would have them both on 41 and the Force in front on number of wins and the Hurricanes on the bye. That bonus point was crucial.

But Foley does not coach for bonus points. My expectation now is that the Force will finish just one point out of the six.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
What results do we need for both the Force and Brumbies to sneak in the six?
Bonus point draw?

As long as the chiefs don't get more then a bonus point from their match against the blues, the brumbies and force only need a point each to make the finals. Otherwise it becomes a bit trickier. In their favour though is the fact that both the force and brumbies have 9 wins so if they end up level on points with any of the blues, chiefs or hurricanes who will all max out at 8, they will rank above them.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
As long as the chiefs don't get more then a bonus point from their match against the blues, the brumbies and force only need a point each to make the finals. Otherwise it becomes a bit trickier. In their favour though is the fact that both the force and brumbies have 9 wins so if they end up level on points with any of the blues, chiefs or hurricanes who will all max out at 8, they will rank above them.

The positive from my POV is that 4 of 7 games next week will have a bearing on the final 6, right up until the final game at 3am Sunday OZ time

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Congratulations on the win. It would be fair to say after last night that the Force need to keep playing rugby to close out those games. I think you shut up shop to early when that bonus point was a real chance. Given how bad we were, I am kind of surprised we got as close to you as we did.

I wan't you to beat the Brumbies next weekend. I think plenty of the Australian rugby community share that sentiment.

Sour grapes indeed. Very happy the Force beat the Reds and are in the running for a finals spot. Only Reds player worth his salt last night was Kerevi. Three or four more like him and you might have some chance of as better year in 2015.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Sour grapes indeed. Very happy the Force beat the Reds and are in the running for a finals spot. Only Reds player worth his salt last night was Kerevi. Three or four more like him and you might have some chance of as better year in 2015.
Huh? Sour grapes? Your post certainly reeks of something sour but while I can't speak for Ruggo I'm sure most of the AUS Rugby community would be keen to see the Force get up simply to see the Force make the playoffs for the first time. Not because of some deep rooted hatred of the Brumbies. It would be unfortunate for it to come at the expense of another AUS side but that's the nature of the beast mate. Calm your farm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

Change hands mate.

I wan't them to make their first finals berth because it would truly reflect how far they have come this season. I think their would be others with that same view. I don't know why I'm explaining myself because I don't need to justify shit to you.

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
It was nice to see the Force getting some positive attack going, rather than the tripe they served up last week. They had some pretty nice team tries and other movements that they didn't finish. McCalman's was a beauty. Sure they shut up shop for a period, and they clearly should've gone for the bonus point, but they were night and day from last week on attack.

I thought Wykes and Kerevi were the standouts from each side. Kerevi is quite a handful.

Hope the bonus point doesn't come back to haunt them.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Congrats to the Force

Haven't seen Mike Harris play a poorer game
Keveri was great . Bent and broke the line.

All Kevie's blind and faithful supporters will be estatic that his form from his terrific game last week manifested itself again this week !!!!! I am being positive here.

Hope Holmes is back so we have a go forward scrum.

What a frustrating game in so many aspects.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
The deafening silence says so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!;););)

Anyway, the boys will redeem themselves this week and paste the Tahs bigtime. Forget about form or lack thereof - this is the biggest game of the year for us. The boys will be up for it. Always Red.

Reds by 12

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Stats suggest Browning did 21 tackles on the weekend. Next best was Lucas and Simmo on 12. Good workload.

Kerevi did 10 without missing one.

M

Moono75

Nice to have the Force being talked about at the pointy end of the season. Tough one for Reds supporters but as Force fans are only to aware when you have a bad season....or eight, you tend to focus on the performances of individual players and looking at the up and comers in your squad. Keveri is ticking all the boxes in that regards and will offer some exciting times ahead. Interested to see how he goes against the Tahs.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Nice to have the Force being talked about at the pointy end of the season. Tough one for Reds supporters but as Force fans are only to aware when you have a bad season..or eight, you tend to focus on the performances of individual players and looking at the up and comers in your squad. Keveri is ticking all the boxes in that regards and will offer some exciting times ahead. Interested to see how he goes against the Tahs.

He'll be up against AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), who yesterday kept the new All Black sensation anonymous for the game. I only know he was playing because he was in my fantasy team and scored shite. If Kerevi can get on top of AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) next Saturday he should go straight into the next Wallaby squad. But I think, like Fekitoa, he'll get a lesson in how to play 13.

M

Moono75

He'll be up against AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), who yesterday kept the new All Black sensation anonymous for the game. I only know he was playing because he was in my fantasy team and scored shite. If Kerevi can get on top of AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) next Saturday he should go straight into the next Wallaby squad. But I think, like Fekitoa, he'll get a lesson in how to play 13.

For sure....baby steps for Kerevi. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has proven himself in battle for a number of years and is a quality player. You can't just bottle that experience. Kerevi has had a couple of good games. Still a ways to go yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.