• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Will Genia Leaving for Japan in 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Deans also played down concerns over Genia's statement that he was on the open market after ARU negotiations had dragged on six months since he re-signed with Queensland.
''That's part of the negotiation process these days,'' he said. ''It's pretty routine.''

Exactly.

Yet, it still creates hysteria.

Remember when the Fainga'a twins were lost to Australian rugby?

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
That's because very occasionally someone leaves. Will Chambers for example could have gone pretty well.

Had 1 good season he loved it, had 1 bad season and was rumoured to return to league and he did.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That's because very occasionally someone leaves. Will Chambers for example could have gone pretty well.

Had 1 good season he loved it, had 1 bad season and was rumoured to return to league and he did.

But Chambers was struggling to get game time for the Reds. Very different circumstances.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
But Chambers was struggling to get game time for the Reds. Very different circumstances.

Agreed but he still left and that's the point. Regardless of the difference in situation it's still proven it CAN happen. Doubt it will but it can.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Bit harsh on Genia. Seems that it was the ARU that leaked this story. Why? to get some leverage on a quick signature? Genia has had his name dragged through the mud by every one here and on line and he's done nothing........... He stated last night that he was disappointed that the story got out..wasnt him so who was it?........ He has been quality since he's been on the scene and we can't afford to lose him. He's a future captain of the Wallabies and ,contrary to some ridiculous comments here about his ability and form, is at the moment irreplacable................. We have got to stop this constant bashing of our national players and get behind them....the All Blacks must read this and shake their heads in wonder.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Bit harsh on Genia. Seems that it was the ARU that leaked this story. Why? to get some leverage on a quick signature? Genia has had his name dragged through the mud by every one here and on line and he's done nothing..... He stated last night that he was disappointed that the story got out..wasnt him so who was it?.... He has been quality since he's been on the scene and we can't afford to lose him. He's a future captain of the Wallabies and ,contrary to some ridiculous comments here about his ability and form, is at the moment irreplacable....... We have got to stop this constant bashing of our national players and get behind them..the All Blacks must read this and shake their heads in wonder.
Well I wouldn't say that his last contract renewal was all that neat.
Frankly, there's something wrong with our contracting process if we have to go through this with any player of any standing in the game.
The Kiwis dont seem to - Do they?

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
The kiwi system allows the NZRu to have more control over players destinations doesn't it? I would suggest that the Aus teams are against that.

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
So exactly how many players are yet to sign the ARU contract, does anyone know?

As I understand it at this stage :-

QC (Quade Cooper)
WG
Poey

Anyone else?

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
But they can also direct which s15 team they are to play for

This was my understanding, maybe some of our kiwi mates can help us out but I remember some article sighting that the NZRU gives approval over if they play for a certain side to spread talent a bit and avoid stockpiling of talent.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
They wouldnt have a choice as the tests are in tge aru test window so all players requested need to be released

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

This is also a French Top 14 Club with massive amounts of resources at their disposal that has been pretty adamant about their intentions to win both the HC and Top14 this year.

Gits also isn't contracted by the ARU.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Toulon and Toulouse have to release them I'm pretty sure. I'm sure Bath would've tried holding onto Louw if they could.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Yeah clubs up North are just the same they need to release players during the international windows. The ones that cause problems are the 1st week of December games that are cropping up in recent years especially with Wales. In that case as they are outside the sanctioned window the clubs don't have to release players. Wales and English players who play in France are encouraged to have their release for all tests & training camps written into their contracts.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Toulon and Toulouse have to release them I'm pretty sure. I'm sure Bath would've tried holding onto Louw if they could.

It would be up to Giteau then but do you really think he ever wants to play under Deans again? On top of that I'm sure Toulon will offer him a nice "benefit" or two if he turns down the recall for the Wallabies. I just have a gut feeling his days with the Wobbs are long over in his mind as well as in reality.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Status
Not open for further replies.