• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Worst Commentator Pole Action

Worst Commentator?

• Total voters

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I don't mind the Kiwi commentators actually.

Marto is the undisputed king of shit commentary. The only guy that comes close has to be that Welsh bloke...I wana say Jonathan Davis? Am i thinking of the right guy?

I'd love to see more commentary from Shaun Maloney. He's much more enjoyable than Greg Clark.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I don't mind the Kiwi commentators actually.

Marto is the undisputed king of shit commentary. The only guy that comes close has to be that Welsh bloke.I wana say Jonathan Davis? Am i thinking of the right guy?

I'd love to see more commentary from Shaun Maloney. He's much more enjoyable than Greg Clark.
Make sure you turn on the closed captions then.

Reactions: BDA

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Greg Clark's commentary drives me to distraction in the way he is continually asking a set pattern of questions, like, " Will they win from here?"
For him, that is a zinger like moment.

G

galumay

Marto by a country mile, with the rest of the Aussies finishing hard for second. I have been living in NZ for this season and their commentators are in a different class. Not looking to putting up with our drongoes again next season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy

Alex Ross (28)
I originally voted for Martin, but now I want to change my vote to the "colour" commentator from the Brumbies Stormers game last night. You expect bias, but that was at another level.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Are you the one making offers at the other end of the phone?

DREAMIN!

Martin, woeful.

not sure on the phone reference,

BUT, after sitting through Marto "commentating" the force tahs game I change my mind and agree he is the worst. maybe I've just avoided him so long I forgot how bad he was

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I would probably fork over $10 extra per match on cable to hear these two blokes call a rugby game:

In fact, turn the sound off on the rugby, sync em' up and see how they sound. Bonus points if you can cue up an error with an "oh, and that's a bad miss."

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I would probably fork over $10 extra per match on cable to hear these two blokes call a rugby game:

In fact, turn the sound off on the rugby, sync em' up and see how they sound. Bonus points if you can cue up an error with an "oh, and that's a bad miss."
Which player would you describe as "your sexy young friend"?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
re Reds/NSWF Rd1 2016 game here, wft are they talking about the (hitherto silent) Kearns being "relegated to the spider cam"?

Can't help but imagine him being trapped inside the technology and being unable to speak.......

mcdethgif_zps5c6547c8.gif

Life inside the Spider Cam for a silent Phil Kearns.