• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

WTC and Ashes 2023

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
I suddenly feel like our team may be quite old with weaknesses all out on display.

We of course have the talent to win any match but they don't exactly seem like the hunters lately.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
A great time for Travis Head to get his first overseas Test ton! ... and still be there at stumps day one.

Handy partnership with Smithy at the other end to resume tonight ...

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
^ Yep, Head feasted on the Indian bowling. Strike rate above ninety in a test is good going.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
I watched until 100/3 so far out this was a nice surprise waking up this morning.

I think Warner and Labaschagne put the hooks in for just enough time and not a moment more to let Head flourish.

India on the other hand baulked but will have sessions go their way throught the remainder of this test.

Perfect perfect perfect opportunity for Head and Smith opportunity to put down some serious daddy scores for the books.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
That's a fantastic first day, especially when we were in a spot of bother just after lunch. Head was magnificent and will be giving England something to think about too.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Indians were really let down by Yadav and Thakur. All the early pressure was let go and once some of these guys get rolling they are hard to stop.

Bloody hell its refreshing to think we have a quality middle order. Feel like we have been stuffed if either Smith, Marnus don't get a score on their own for a long time.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
We made 469 and that's an excellent total on that track. Batting was tough in periods yesterday, it's just that Head and Smith made it look easy.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Need a couple more wickets before the close. The four pacemen are on one each.

I like what Boland is doing. Economical so far.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
What a great two days of test cricket. Yeah, I'm a bit critical of the lower order collapse, but looking back, it was a good result - far better than we played in India.

It was a shame Cummings no-balled on Rahane as he could be a thorn in the Aussie's side today.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
India have clawed back a bit of ground on the third day. Few dropsies in the field by the Aussies followed by a battle to keep wickets intact during our second dig.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Loose bus change and Green hold out until stumps. 4/123, a lead of 296.

Still, 9 wickets fell in the day.

Need to bat out at least one full session tomorrow.

Last edited: