• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

WTC and Ashes 2023

Sword of Justice

Bill McLean (32)
Really keeping the door slightly ajar for India aren't we.

I think we'll want minimum 450 to be sure of only 2 results but not sure we'll get that. Balance of time also critical. Australia seem to find themselves at this head scratching point quite often and India have capitalised before. But I think we'll win.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I’m sure he’s pretty hard on himself but I hope just because he’s the Captain he’s not immune to getting a spray about 2 nb wickets. Can’t be doing that shit.

Battle to 400. This isn’t in India. I have to keep telling myself that.

Sword of Justice

Bill McLean (32)
I’m sure he’s pretty hard on himself but I hope just because he’s the Captain he’s not immune to getting a spray about 2 nb wickets. Can’t be doing that shit.

Battle to 400. This isn’t in India. I have to keep telling myself that.
Yeah I wonder where this has come from. He's been a choir boy for so long and now he's punting the ball in frustration, and duly so after some pretty unreliable stuff.

All of our bowlers are still producing absolute peaches on occasion but we'll need to tighten up massively for England in their own conditions.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Sloppy stuff from the boys yesterday. It was uncharacteristically undisciplined and can't be repeated if we want to win the test. India are a very good side and you don't want to give them a sniff.

Just bat sensibly today, build a lead of 400, bowl the same areas and FFS hang on to your catches. We lost a series against India off the back of dropping bulk chances in the Sydney test.

Stagnation

Allen Oxlade (6)
Sloppy stuff from the boys yesterday. It was uncharacteristically undisciplined and can't be repeated if we want to win the test. India are a very good side and you don't want to give them a sniff.

Just bat sensibly today, build a lead of 400, bowl the same areas and FFS hang on to your catches. We lost a series against India off the back of dropping bulk chances in the Sydney test.
Agreed. Don't want a repeat of Gabba test in 2021...

Sword of Justice

Bill McLean (32)

Sword of Justice

Bill McLean (32)
India probably would have chosen these two to try and bat them out of the hole they are in, despite recent form.

I can't quite believe this match is so open. At least it has been entertaining. Australia has a lot to tighten up and may need some of the overcast conditions forecast tomorrow.