• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

WTC and Ashes 2023

Stagnation

Allen Oxlade (6)
Will be interesting to see if the poms do actually go with moeen Ali

reckon our top order could really take him on like they have in the past

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
And to think back to the morning of day 1 when India were seduced by that greentop, selected their four best seamers while leaving the world's best spinner on bench, won the toss and SENT US IN! 469 runs later...

Thank you, Rohit, thank you. I doubt very much if a three test WTC final will save you.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Both teams were fined for slow over rates - India 100% of match fee, and Australia 80%.

Shubman Gill fined a further 15% for his twitter comments too

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Will be interesting to see if the poms do actually go with moeen Ali

reckon our top order could really take him on like they have in the past
I'm just curious why they've brought him back. Surely they have some spinners in the County Championship that are good enough to play?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Think it's a been there done that pick. Don't want to throw some average spinner out to be belted and wrecked. Get the guy with 50+ tests and a Batting average of close to 30. I hope we go after whoever they pick to force them to over bowl their quicks to try and restrict scoring.

Stagnation

Allen Oxlade (6)
Think it's a been there done that pick. Don't want to throw some average spinner out to be belted and wrecked. Get the guy with 50+ tests and a Batting average of close to 30. I hope we go after whoever they pick to force them to over bowl their quicks to try and restrict scoring.
Read somewhere that he hasn’t played any first class cricket since September 2021

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Read somewhere that he hasn’t played any first class cricket since September 2021
Yeah, I've read that too, and the Wisden guys have said the same. It feels a little like a hail Mary rather than the been there done there pick.

I sort of get not wanting to try and blood a young spinner and they get spanked, but they've got to do it at some point.

Stagnation

Allen Oxlade (6)
Both teams were fined for slow over rates - India 100% of match fee, and Australia 80%.

Shubman Gill fined a further 15% for his twitter comments too
Used to be a big fan of Gill especially after some of his innings in Australia back in 2021

but after that test and his tweet i reckon he’s a knob