• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

WTC and Ashes 2023

Sword of Justice

Bill McLean (32)
Selectors have just kicked the can down the road for so long re Warner. We're now in a position where we have a player in the XI that isn't contributing runs, laughs when he gets out and makes massive flubs in the field when we could have been finding his replacement for the last year.

Sword of Justice

Bill McLean (32)
Come on boys let's turn this into a collapse. We were looking tired out there, had some departure lounge fever perhaps, need to get some momentum going.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Without Woakes & Wood, England would be completely stuffed this series.

They have taken wickets in lots and got late runs.
Yep, that is for sure.

I was half expecting us to be batting, as the poms were 6 or 7 down when I went to bed just after midnight. I was half hoping we'd restrict the score to around 230-250 though.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Starc was brilliant. So nice to Stokes go for a low score.

Look what happens when we win the toss, ya whiney english bastards.

Warner could've gone twice before he got out, such a liability.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
His eye is gone and that's just what happens.

Dealing in tiny margins and he's missing catches he would have taken and getting beaten by the bowlers routinely.

They need to be careful not to sit on Warner because nobody wants to make the call whilst you drop replace Green in the team. Happy now because the Ashes are staying in Aus but that sort of stuff can cause issues.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Bazball has become a Cult and sucked all these losers into it.
Eh I dunno. I think they are on to something that works for them.

I think they are undoubtedly better than they have been in recent years. They've lost a couple of very close tests and then got unlucky with the weather in the one they were going to run away with. But it's not like we've walked into England and five nilled em.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
bang on Derpus. I am all for Bazball. This has been an incredible series and largely because of England's approach to playing (batting at least). But it has been fascinating how we have countered (or tried to). That's what makes test cricket so brilliant - its the games within the games.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I agree that they are playing better cricket but the blind foaming at the mouth shit coming from supporters like they are Brazil in Soccer is a bit much.

I still think it masking a weak/ageing bowling group by trying to out pressure on the opposition. Anderson is done. Broad bowling well but old. Waokes, Wood both in their 30s and Robinson is a joke.