• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sidelineview

Most coaches have no problem with their players doing some rucking.

The problem is when they stay up all night trying to find someone to ruck.

and then spend all day and night actually rucking .... and then play a game the next day
ahhh..... memories ...

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
You leave the thread for a few months and you come back to you sad old blokes lamenting, romanticising or just reinventing your youth :). And surely only backs would have well polished boots!
Now back to the footy. C'mon Lee Grant, rustle up a team list or do I need to gather the intell from my snouts?

S

sidelineview

Let's hope none of these boys polish their boots too much the night before

U20s team to play Central West in Mudgee this weekend

NSW U20s team to play trial against NSW Country:

Harry Johnson-Holmes, Max Stewart, Harry Chapman, Alec Corcoran, Tom Piroddi, Justin Cooper, Dom McGrath, Max Girdler, Banjo Travers, Nick Wilkinson, Sepesa Tarogi, Dan Boardman, Esera Chee-Kam, Eddie King, Tim Clements. Reserves: Cody Walker, Phil Bradford, Will McRae, Dan Matthews, Jacob Banner, Harry Mclellan, Sam Musgove, Josh Noonan, Bayley Kuenzle, James Ramm, Kepu Lokotui, Hutana Coffin, Yarribi Jaffer-Williams, Jackson Mohi.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
NSW U20s team to play trial against NSW Country:

Harry Johnson-Holmes, Max Stewart, Harry Chapman, Alec Corcoran, Tom Piroddi, Justin Cooper, Dom McGrath, Max Girdler, Banjo Travers, Nick Wilkinson, Sepesa Tarogi, Dan Boardman, Esera Chee-Kam, Eddie King, Tim Clements. Reserves: Cody Walker, Phil Bradford, Will McRae, Dan Matthews, Jacob Banner, Harry Mclellan, Sam Musgove, Josh Noonan, Bayley Kuenzle, James Ramm, Kepu Lokotui, Hutana Coffin, Yarribi Jaffer-Williams, Jackson Mohi.

Looks like a good side - forwards in particular. Good to see Jackson Mohi getting recognition he deserves.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I think that starting XV is close to being it's best though I haven't seen as much of them at this time of the year as I normally do. McCauley is obviously not available at lock since he will play with the senior Tahs in their trial.

The starters don't have a lot of U19 players which is good but it would have been best to have a flyhalf who had a year in Colts - not that the Aus Schools no. 10 Nick Wilkinson is a dud by any means and he is certainly training like an older bloke. The other pivot is Kuenzle who is also a 2016 schoolie.

The two props Harry Johnson-Holmes and Harry Chapman are good practitioners, and Walker and Bradford are no slouches either: if the first two don't make the national team that will be good news because the guys that do will be tops.

The no. 7 Dom McGrath, is a goer and perfect example of somebody who has stepped up in class after a year in Colts (whereas some level off at their schools' ability).

Ex-leaguie Esera Chee-Kam is also showing some top quality as is scrummie Banjo Travers.

I'm not sure what's happened to 9. Theo Strang. He's supposed to be coming back from a broken leg but I don't know what his condition is.

Lock/6 Lachlan Swinton was not named - he was hoping to play in the trial and would have been listed had they thought he was fit enough, but they obviously didn't think he was ready.

If he can leave Team Rehab in time he will be in the Gen Blue side for the Super U20s comp, although he has legs like Stephen Hoiles.

Lost

Ted Fahey (11)
2 names I thought would be in the NSW mix were Luke Lough and Luke Rixon. Are they in the Rehab ward, elsewhere or just not required at this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.