• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Don't think we can read much into the trials scores but rather who played well and who is up to getting a seat in the starting lineup for the comp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Don't think we can read much into the trials scores but rather who played well and who is up to getting a seat in the starting lineup for the comp.

I believe the 19's squad is now disbanded. That was the last session for the year and last chance for the 19's to push for U20 selection. Looks like they may have given the selectors something to think about.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
^^^^^
That makes sense Badger - and if it's the case it looks like the NSW U20s have done well in separating the younger players to attend to their different needs on and off the field - as mentioned in a blog a little while back - and are now treating them all the same for their last two trials where it's every man for himself.

It will be interesting to see who will be chosen for the trial at Bowral on Saturday and note which U19 players will start - whereas all but one of the starters in Mudgee against the senior country side were U20s.

JuanBarn

Herbert Moran (7)
Anyone know what time this Bowral game kicks off? I have lunch with the outlaws in Mittagong, and may be a good opportunity for the boys to excuse ourselves for a couple of hours.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Anyone know how the dogs are looking for the trial against QLD u20's this Saturday?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member

The trial will be played earlier at 10:30 because the weather forecast is for 41 degrees.

Here is a list of Brumbies U20 surnames - no other details available:

Squad V NSW U20’s – Bowral 11 Feb

Hancock / Kaihea / Cushan
Thomas / Wolske
Wagner / Gordon
Swain / Goodwin-Shaw
Verryne / Sankey
Rasch
Allen / Gersekowski
Leber / Sikimeti

Abel / Smith
Moseley
Duffy
Henderson / Pulefale
Ikitau / Tahau
Kotz / Davis
Hansen / Wells

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The trial will be played earlier at 10:30 because the weather forecast is for 41 degrees.

Here is a list of Brumbies U20 surnames - Some first names provided:

Squad V NSW U20’s – Bowral 11 Feb

Charlie Hancock / Fred Kaihea / Nick Cushan
Sam Thomas / Tevita Unga-Wolske
Angus Wagner / Gordon
Darcy Swain / Levi Goodwin-Shaw
David Verryne / Sankey
Liam Rasch
Angus Allen / Luke Gersekowski
Brodie Leber / Justin Sikimeti

Jacob Abel / Seamus Smith
Liam Moseley
Jackson Duffy
Trai Henderson / Sioasi Pulefale
Len Ikitau / Kuti Tahau
Jamie Kotz / Cole Davis
Mac Hansen / Wells

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
What's up with Qld this year? No media marketing of their 2017 u20's . I heard there will be 2 trial games played at Ballymore this Saturday. A&B teams against West's Reserve grade and Premier side. First game B's vs Reserves at 17:00 and A's vs Premier side follows.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
^^^^
Not just the Reds...Gen Blue followers had to rely on Lee to chase up any info, Brumbies and Rebels a bit more informative and virtually nothing from the Force or the Reds outside of this forum. The hype of the exciting new concept of the "curtain raiser cup" from last year has well and truely faded. Only 2 weeks until kick off, so hope the franchises pull their fingers out and get back behind the concept.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
It looks like Lachlan Swinton will be fit for the NSW Gen Blue U20s after being with Team Rehab for yonks.

He played in the Brisbane 10s for the Waratahs.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Qld u20's had a hit out against local Prem side West's on Saturday. The players are looking fit and ready for the season. The forwards performed well in particular Angus Scott Young in phase play. The backs lacked a bit in structure and did not see much ball down the line. For the first game of the season they did not fair too bad overall. Next trial against North's Prem's on Saturday. Missing from the team were Harry Nucifora and Alex Horan with Jayden Ngamanu a possibility of dropping down for the U20's comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.