• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Interesting to see that the brumbies 20's virtually get all home games. Ah rugby nepotism is all alive n well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been waiting for this. As HL35 says, they had three away games last year, from memory traveled to Perth, Brisbane and Melbourne in consecutive weeks. Got a lot of evening up yet to do.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Been waiting for this. As HL35 says, they had three away games last year, from memory traveled to Perth, Brisbane and Melbourne in consecutive weeks. Got a lot of evening up yet to do.

Brisbane and Melbourne isn't awful travel. The 3 weeks in a row is more of a concern methinks.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Anybody have the Rebels trial team lineup?

No but can confirm it was a full strength team.

Good to see the Rebs come home strong, depth is our friend and a great risk mitigation tool.

A close game like that I'm okay with, when you're within 3 you know that with the bounce of the ball you get the win. Against good opposition (and everyone on here has said the Brumbies 20s are good) that's not too bad.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
There are a few QLD boy that are playing for the Rebels, Tualima, Farrel, Sargent, Semisi etc. that I was keen to hear if they played and how they did?

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
There are a few QLD boy that are playing for the Rebels, Tualima, Farrel, Sargent, Semisi etc. that I was keen to hear if they played and how they did?

There's at least a few more, names I can think of are Clift from Toowoomba and Da Forno from Norths.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
I wasn't at the game but heard they won 59-17 after being 29-0 at half time. Apparently looked pretty sharp but not sure how good opposition were. Was anyone there. Temperature was in the high 30s

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
QLD u20's will have their first hit out this Saturday against West's. 17:00 at Ballymore.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Has there been a team/squad list released for this game?
No team mentioned yet for the trial as I think all will have a go. My guess is the team will probably end up looking something like this.
1/3. Gavin Luka
2. Efi Mafua (spelling)
1/3. Harry Hoopert
4/5. Harry Hocking
5/4. Angus Blythe
6. Connor Moroney
7. Liam Wright
8. Angus Scott Young
9. Harry Nucifora
10. Hamish Stewart/ Alex Horan
11. Sam Edwards
12. Tony Hunt/Kalala Meni
13. Dylan Riley
14. Will Eadie
15. ???

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
No team mentioned yet for the trial as I think all will have a go. My guess is the team will probably end up looking something like this.
1/3. Gavin Luka
2. Efi Mafua (spelling)
1/3. Harry Hoopert
4/5. Harry Hocking
5/4. Angus Blythe
6. Connor Moroney
7. Liam Wright
8. Angus Scott Young
9. Harry Nucifora
10. Hamish Stewart/ Alex Horan
11. Sam Edwards
12. Tony Hunt/Kalala Meni
13. Dylan Riley
14. Will Eadie
15. ???

Is Reece Hewitt avail or with Reds? Setu/ Creighton possible 15s.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Clifton Setu is probably the 15 at this stage, Reece Hewat & Jayden Ngamanu is still with the main squad at the moment, not sure if or when they will be released.

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
Does anyone know if the Tahs 20s vs 19s trial is still on today at Kippax.? Am working nearby and was thinking of heading over to have a look

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
I see a few of the u20's Rebels had a run for the Rebels vs Force game last night.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
^^^^^^^
Don't know and I can't go anyway. I thought the next trial was in Bowral on Saturday v. the Brumbs U20s.

Just looking at the NSW Gen Blue U20s team again that played last Saturday against the Country senior players at Mudgee (the curtain raiser for the Super Rugby trial) - I now realise that all the starters were in their U20 year except for flyhalf Nick Wilkinson.

And only four of the 14 reserves were U19s - just one a forward.

Maybe it was because they wanted the older boys to start play against senior players and they didn't have a flyhalf in their U20 year.

Whatever - for the sake of the NSW U20s I hope they can have more of the older group in their final team for the Super U20s this year - and thereby give the national selectors a larger pool of older players to chose from.

U19 players can make their mark for the national U20s even in the tight five - but ideally you don't want too many of them

Status
Not open for further replies.