• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I don't think he's ever put enough professional games together back-to-back to make that assessment.

Just because he's a gigantic islander doesn't mean he can't go all day. He was always a lean guy with an engine when he was young, and he could play all day. That was the last time he played consistent rugby.
When I played with him, he was a lock that ran like a back and had very very good acceleration. I'd be surprised if his fitness was lacking.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
When I played with him, he was a lock that ran like a back and had very very good acceleration. I'd be surprised if his fitness was lacking.

True. And as you'd know he only played lock because of the standard issue Vic Rugby suffers, every rep player is 5'10.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
I don't think he's ever put enough professional games together back-to-back to make that assessment.

Just because he's a gigantic islander doesn't mean he can't go all day. He was always a lean guy with an engine when he was young, and he could play all day. That was the last time he played consistent rugby.
Well your first line said it all mate. I've watched Pat from Youth Sevens championships in 2015 through Youth Commonwealth Games, Aus schoolboys, 2016 u20's and I don't think he has put in a full 80 or even 60. That said if you read and understand my comment and I'll maybe phrase it differently. IMO Pat is a good impact player off the bench. I did not say he can't go all day or at least the 80 min. When he does go on he goes hard and may not be able to sustain that pace for the 80 min.
Funny you know, my wife does the same, she will twist the answer around to have a totally different meaning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Well your first line said it all mate. I've watched Pat from Youth Sevens championships in 2015 through Youth Commonwealth Games, Aus schoolboys, 2016 u20's and I don't think he has put in a full 80 or even 60. That said if you read and understand my comment and I'll maybe phrase it differently. IMO Pat is a good impact player off the bench. I did not say he can't go all day or at least the 80 min. When he does go on he goes hard and may not be able to sustain that pace for the 80 min.
Funny you know, my wife does the same, she will twist the answer around to have a totally different meaning.

Who Pat?

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)

I'm not following anything you've said. Rob is a good impact bench player because he often gets injured and you haven't seen much of him?

Nobody calls him Pat FYI. Rob is a strange Anglicisation choice for Pati, but it is what it is.
Yeah I was his locking partner on occasion at 6'3. So rather average.

Well now I'm trying to work out who you are. Melbourne Grammar boy, lock, aged 19-20, played rep football. Hm.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Well now I'm trying to work out who you are. Melbourne Grammar boy, lock, aged 19-20, played rep football. Hm.

Haha rep football might be overstating it. Played in a few of the vic school boy teams and specifically travelled with Rob (and Sione) on the UK tour playing lock, but played prop for MGS.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Haha rep football might be overstating it. Played in a few of the vic school boy teams and specifically travelled with Rob (and Sione) on the UK tour playing lock, but played prop for MGS.

Do you still play? What club are you with?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Do you still play? What club are you with?

Sadly I don't - too busy with uni etc, but played juniors and colts with Melbourne and will eventually make my way back to them.

I was never that good, so wouldn't expect you to know who I am!

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'm not following anything you've said. Rob is a good impact bench player because he often gets injured and you haven't seen much of him?

Nobody calls him Pat FYI. Rob is a strange Anglicisation choice for Pati, but it is what it is.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Sadly I don't - too busy with uni etc, but played juniors and colts with Melbourne and will eventually make my way back to them.

I was never that good, so wouldn't expect you to know who I am!

Fair enough. As a young guy who clearly loves rugby enough to frequent forums, you should!

Melbourne is a great club and I think they're struggling for 20s this year, you could get away with playing with minimal training I bet.
Well now I'm not going to try and work out who you are but you're obviously a woman, argumentative and nosey.

What's with doubling down on the misogyny in the last two posts? One implying I'm a women and that is negative, and one strange one about your wife twisting your words. It's deeply unsettling.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Congrats to all players who move on to next stage, I have a question to the forum and certainly hope I get some good feedback. Do we have a player that has speed to the breakdown?, do we have a hooper or pocock In the making? I have seen all games ( livestream ) and IMO I haven't noticed one. No player has jumped out in front of me and convinced me that they will make a difference. Well, you know what!, we are too slow to react. Big call out to Sam Edwards!! Don't give up champ! Anything can happen from now til then. Stay strong!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMO if Mcreight can bulk up he will be the next Pooper in the making. Thought he was special in Schoolboys. Very quick to get to his feet and get over the ball. Hopefully will see him play 20's next year

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
IMO if Mcreight can bulk up he will be the next Pooper in the making. Thought he was special in Schoolboys. Very quick to get to his feet and get over the ball. Hopefully will see him play 20's next year

Was strong over the ball when he came off the bench v. NZ Schools wasn't he - despite not being the biggest. Let's see how he bulks up for next year - if he can.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Here is the Brumbies' U20s squad for the Reds game. Not sure if it's been posted before.

STARTERS

Charlie Hancock (Uni-Norths)
Sam Thomas (Tuggeranong)
Angus Wagner (Tuggeranong)
Darcy Swain (Tuggeranong)
Will Sankey (Uni-Norths)
Justin Sikimeti (Queanbeyan)
Angus Allen (Wests)
Brodie Leber (Wests)
Ryan Lonergan (Tuggeranong)
Liam Moseley (Queanbeyan)
Jackson Duffey (Gungahlin)
Trai Henderson (Tuggeranong)
Lenny Ikitau (Tuggeranong)
Kuti Tahau (Wests)
Jamie Kotz (Gungahlin)

REPLACEMENTS (one to be omitted)

Tevita Unga-Wolske (Gungahlin)
Fred Kahea (Queanbeyan)
Ben Gordon (Queanbeyan)
Dave Verryne (Uni-Norths)
Nick Saunders (Easts)
Jacob Abel (Easts)
Alec Sheldon (Uni-Norths)
Josh Wells (Queanbeyan)
Jack Gilmore (Erindale)

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
^^^^^
Big squad. Is McGregor injured?

Interesting NON-selection IMO. For mine thought he was the #2 fly half. Maybe they are thinking of putting Strang as the replacement fly half?? Or is McGregor the surprise that's coming??

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
McGregor looks to have the skills but probably hasn't played that well in the Super 20s. That being said, neither has Jooste.

Status
Not open for further replies.