• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Brumbies u20 squad 15. Alec Sheldon (Uni-Norths)

Interesting to see Alec Sheldon nominated at fullback.

He is little-known even to staunch schoolboy rugby fans in Sydney as he played for Grammar in Sydney GPS rugby, and their 1st XV played against the 3rds of the six big GPS rugby schools.

It says a lot that he was chosen for GPS in 2016 ahead of the eventual Aussie Schools flyhalf, Nick Wilkinson, who was picked at 12 for GPS.

But he was injured in the GPS v CAS trial with a serious knee injury - as he was for his school the year before - and was out of contention for all other rep honours in 2016.

His best efforts in U20s may come next year when he has a full season of healthy rugby under his belt, but he is one to watch.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Brumbies u20 squad without a mention of Nick Jooste. Is he injured?
Brumbies U20’s side to face NSW Gen Blue.

1. Charlie Hancock (Uni-Norths)
2. Sam Thomas (Tuggeranong)
3. Angus Wagner (Tuggeranong)
4. Darcy Swain (Tuggranong)
5. Will Sankey (Uni-Norths)
6. Justin Sikimeti (Queanbeyan)
7. Angus Allen (Wests)
8. Brodie Leber (Wests)
9. Ryan Lonergan (Tuggeranong)
10. Liam Moseley (Queanbeyan)
11. Jamie Kotz (Gungahlin)
12. Trai Henderson (Tuggeranong)
13. Lenny Ikitau (Tuggeranong)
14. Kuti Tahau (Wests)
15. Alec Sheldon (Uni-Norths)

16. Tevita Unga-Wolske (Gungahlin)
17. Fred Kahea (Queanbeyan)
18. Ben Gordon (Queanbeyan)
19. Liam Rasch (West)
20. Nick Saunders (Easts)
21. Jacob Abel (Easts)
22. Josh Wells (Queanbeyan)
23. Cole Davis (Royals)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HTC I can count 7 ex-Queenslander's in the run-on side and it sounds like there maybe a few ex NSW'ers as well? Is there many actually from the ACT born and bred? (This is not your kind of question to answer, but have a crack! ;)).

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Yeah I saw him go down and grab his thigh in the tackle just before he went off but it did not look that serious. That said it gives us a good look at what Moseley has to offer?? Looking forward to the game. Go the Brumbies (only because Qld is not playing this w/e).

Been a busy beaver with team line-ups. injuries, general gos....on an ARU contract (or want one?)?

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
HTC I can count 7 ex-Queenslander's in the run-on side and it sounds like there maybe a few ex NSW'ers as well? Is there many actually from the ACT born and bred? (This is not your kind of question to answer, but have a crack! ;)).
Yeah Sage 7 Qld'ers given that Angus Allen may be from ACT however did play in Qld GPS, but not sure about NSW I don't really know them.

thebreakdown

Ted Fahey (11)
Ok gentlemen, I notice Moseley is in the starting side so I'm gona go brumbies!, just hope the bloke performs well. He be looking for a big comeback so this is his moment to shine and stay there! Yes I recognised a few ex qld boys in the mix. Rebels should have a comfortable win if they consistent on defence. 9 & 10 play well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Thebreakdown have a stab at which team and by how much. Sage keeps a tally and posts results, still waiting for linespeed to have a stab.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yeah Sage 7 Qld'ers given that Angus Allen may be from ACT however did play in Qld GPS, but not sure about NSW I don't really know them.

Sheldon and Rasch are the only 2 in that list I know went to School in Sydney.

Anyone know what happened to Luke Gerowski (not spelled correctly I know) Aus Schoolboys captain, was listed last week as starting. Not listed this week

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Anybody got a link to the streaming of the two games on the weekend?

I'm hopeless at finding them and can't see anything on the Tahs website as I read this for the one today, and they are the home team.

I found the Force one last week thanks to help in this thread, but thought I could watch it after the game - as with the Gen Blues v Force stream in Rd 1.

However I got to see only the last ten minutes when I got home and clicked on the link, and couldn't find the other one anywhere.

Can anyone more savvy than me at finding stuff on the internet help?

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
^^^^^
It's usually found at Rugby.com.au Facebook page. You can also watch the game later there.

Huly

Chris McKivat (8)
Sama Malolo (2) for WA was actually a High Boy for 3 years, playing 1st XV at flanker I believe when he was in year 11.

Though he did leave for Randwick Boys High in year 12 (the year he made it into the Aussie BaaBaas side), us in the High community will claim whatever we can get!

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Melbourne Rebels U20s Team for Rd 3 v Force U20s:

1. Mahe Vailanu
2. Jordan Uelese
3. Vaauli Faamausili
4. Emmanuel Meafou-Latu
5. Esei Haangana (Captain)
6. Ben Collins
7. Jack Farrell
8. Sunia Finefeuaki
9. Harrison Goddard (Vice Captain)
10. Jack McGregor
11. Angelo Leaupepe
12. Sione Tuipulotu
13. Hunter Paisami
14. Hayden Sargeant
15. Semisi Tupou

RESERVES

16. Callum Kent
17. Declan Cox
18. Afi Taivai
19. Richard Clift
20. Jowell Samatua
21. Tim Sippel
22. Andreas Livadaras
23. Oisin Clarken

Little hard on Clarken I would have thought.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Just read somewhere that Jooste is playing today, just hope they're not thinking of benching Moseley. If that happens I'll have to change my mind.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Sage they have benched Moseley for Jooste. Please change my stab from Brumbies by 5 to NSW by 12

Status
Not open for further replies.