• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2022 Bledisloe Cup. Wallabies vs All Blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
If Aus win the Bledisloe Cup then NZ might finally get shot of Fozzie.

VS

If Aus win the Bledisloe Cup then NZ no longer have the Bledisloe Cup.

larry-david-unsure.gif

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yeah its looking like Foley at 10. Snowflakes chance in hell with no Tupou, Kerevi, Quade, Hooper, Lolesio, Paisami, etc.

Id like to see Arnold dropped for Frost with Swain starting. Arnold has been shite.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Frizell out with a rib injury & Ardie staying home to await the birth of his child. Luke Jacobsen replaces Frizell but no replacement has been named for ASav. Sotutu to start & ScoBar at six?

Aidan Ross, Angus Ta'avao & Roger Tuivasa-Sheck released for NPC, Josh Dickson released from squad.

Per @Dismal Pillock's premonition above, Nepo & Ofa are back in the 33.

Edit: @Dismal's premonition of Fozzie starting Nepo, Taylor & Ofa must've been on a different thread. If I wasn't such a lazy cnut I'd go look for it but I am so I won't :cool:

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
With the Points Table being so tight the Hurld have done a piece on how the tie-breaker(s) work:

1. Games won
  2. Most wins v team(s) tied with
  3. Series points differential
  4. Points differential v team(s) tied with
  5. Most Series tries scored
  6. Series shared
You'd think that if two or more teams finish with the same Points they'll likely have had the same number of wins so PD & tries scored will decide it.

Last edited:

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Frizell out with a rib injury & Ardie staying home to await the birth of his child. Luke Jacobsen replaces Frizell but no replacement has been named for ASav. Sotutu to start & ScoBar at six?

I wonder if they might rest ScoBar (his workload has been big) and run Akira at 6 (given how well he went vs Wallabies last year), Whitelock and Retallick at lock and Vaai off the pine. Sotutu must play 8 otherwise what's he doing in the squad.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I wonder if they might rest ScoBar (his workload has been big) and run Akira at 6 (given how well he went vs Wallabies last year), Whitelock and Retallick at lock and Vaai off the pine. Sotutu must play 8 otherwise what's he doing in the squad.
I fucking knew you bastards wouldn't play your best 8 until you came up against us. Not fair.

Last edited:

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
With the Points Table being so tight the Hurld have done a piece on how the tie-breaker(s) work:

1. Games won
  2. Most wins v team(s) tied with
  3. Series points differential
  4. Points differential v team(s) tied with
  5. Most Series tries scored
  6. Series shared
You'd think that if two or more teams finish with the same Points they'll likely have had the same number of wins so PD & tries scored will decide it.

This just seems over complicated and stupid to me.

If teams are tied on points it should then just be points difference. e.g. Springboks should currently be 2nd, not Wallabies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

If teams are tied on points it should then just be points difference. e.g. Springboks should currently be 2nd, not Wallabies.

It's been games won > points differential for yeeeeeeeaaaaaars...

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I don't understand how the Wallabies are currently second. That doesn't seem to make sense based on the tie breakers.

Edit: nevermind. I get it.

Wilson

David Codey (61)

I don't think it makes any sense to judge tie breakers on how they apply to the mid competition table - the Wallabies have to advantage there at the moment because they have played both teams they're even with on points, whereas SA and Argentina have only played the Wallabies. That won't be the case at then end.

Final positioning only matters once it's all said and done, so that's what tie breakers are designed for.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I don't understand how the Wallabies are currently second. That doesn't seem to make sense based on the tie breakers.
It's the team with the most wins against teams they are equal with - so Wallabies have 2 wins (1 v Argentina and 1 v South Africa). South Africa and Argentina only have one relevant win (both against the Wallabies). The wins against New Zealand don't apply because they are not even on points with the rest.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I agree it's pretty dumb currently but in general I think most wins vs teams tied with makes sense.

The team with more wins should beat the team with more bonus points. It's more relevant in Super Rugby over a longer period of time. Here it's unlikely to come into play as it's hard to be tied with another team and have a different number of wins when it's only 6 games.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

Edit: nevermind. I get it.

I am struggling with the logic. So we're saying:

Australia on 9 beat both South Africa on 9 and Argentina on 9.
Meanwhile South Africa haven't played Argentina, therefore neither has a W against the other, therefore Australia is ahead of them?

That is about as dumb as a the dumb shit produced if a dumb shit ate another dumb shit and shit out that dumb shit.

I mean, I can see why they're doing it that way because you can only beat the team in front of you, but in a series like this, I'm not sure it works.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I am struggling with the logic. So we're saying:

Australia on 9 beat both South Africa on 9 and Argentina on 9.
Meanwhile South Africa haven't played Argentina, therefore neither has a W against the other, therefore Australia is ahead of them?

That is about as dumb as a the dumb shit produced if a dumb shit ate another dumb shit and shit out that dumb shit.

I mean, I can see why they're doing it that way because you can only beat the team in front of you, but in a series like this, I'm not sure it works.

It's fine at the end of the competition because everyone will have played everyone.

Currently it breaks a tie unfairly because we have 2 wins from 4 games against South Africa and Argentina who we are tied with but both of them only have 1 win from 2 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.