• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2022 Bledisloe Cup. Wallabies vs All Blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Despite my bitter disappointment, I reckon this sets up the next clash really well. Given recent history, had the Wallabies won, chances are we'd cop a hiding at Eden Park next week. Now we'll go across the ditch with a point to prove. We still might cop a hiding, but I reckon they'll be more up to the task.

While the Bledisloe is lost, it would be good to chalk up a win on their turf and get that monkey off our back.
Oh yeah who can't wait for the dead rubber in fucking Auckland?

No one mate. No one.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Despite my bitter disappointment, I reckon this sets up the next clash really well. Given recent history, had the Wallabies won, chances are we'd cop a hiding at Eden Park next week. Now we'll go across the ditch with a point to prove. We still might cop a hiding, but I reckon they'll be more up to the task.

While the Bledisloe is lost, it would be good to chalk up a win on their turf and get that monkey off our back.
I’m hoping for a performance of ice cold, accurate fury from us in response to last night.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Lets also not forget that we cooked the restart after the penalty goal. NZ's kick was perfectly placed, and then we got done for sealing off.

NZ could have 'ruined the party' then and there by slotting a very kickable penalty and tying the game. Then would have got the ball back with a minute to go and who knows what could have happened, their outside backs had been cutting us to shreds all night.

I'm still devastated by the loss, but we hadn't helped ourselves to be in that situation either.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Ordinarily I'd be a bit sheepish about AB getting out of jail c/- a really, really odd ref's call but after Swain confirming what a grub he truly is ima taking it. Bloke's suspension needs to take in Wobs EOYT & if he were one of ours I'd want him marked Do Not Select on the depth charts forever.
I can't see swain getting a ban for an accident. It was unfortunate but he didn't intend for that to happen

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Lets also not forget that we cooked the restart after the penalty goal. NZ's kick was perfectly placed, and then we got done for sealing off.

It was smart play by the All Blacks. They correctly predicted that we would rush to the tackle to try and prevent them competing for the ball and instead made absolutely no attempt to contest so our cleanout players had no one to bind with and just fell on the tackled player and were quite reasonably called for sealing off.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Look at wrights yellow card as well. I've never seen someone roll away so fast and he got a card for it

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
You must be fun at parties. Remind me when the last time we won at Eden Park was? That's motivation enough, now that the Bledisloe is gone.
I am. I am really fucking fun at parties. Usually because I'm drinking and there are no refs around to tell me 'no Derpus, you can't have that 37th beer, that's a yellow card'.

Fuck me sideways what a fucking alienating shit show of an arse fucking cluster menangle.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
so 114 empty seats.. biggest crowd of the year

I noticed at the ground that it looked like they didnt sell the restricted view seats next to the level three scoreboards. That's probably twenty or so seats at each side of the two scoreboards.

The roar after Barrett scored the final try was the loudest thing I can recall hearing at a sports event. It is insanely loud in there when the crowd is fired up and the roof is closed.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
One thing I noticed that made a difference in this test was that the ABs didnt score in the lead up to half time - I dont have stats to back this up, but my recollection is that they are very dangerous from 30-50 minutes and pretty much always put points on us either side of the break. They went close prior to the double yellow.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I did enjoy the ABs absolutely butchering a few tries last night. When we were down to 13 it looked like we had 10 on the paddock and they still fucked it.

What's the timeline on Kerevi? Hurts to seem hanging around in Aus doing nothing when he could've been on the field. He looks pretty healthy. Bell needs to come back now too if Slips is out.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
I thought foley completely wasted time and if it had been Richie doing that at that point of the game I’d be yelling at the ref to call a penalty too and I think 99% of you would say the same.
Yes it was 40 seconds but it was 40 seconds when there was 100 remaining.
The ref had time going and then time off once he realized foley was wasting time and told him repeatedly to go and go quick. He took time off to warn him. Then our time back on. I don’t buy that he didn’t know what was going on. He was trying to delay and get a rest for the players.
If this was done by faf or some NZ pest, we’d be yelling at the ref to it delay the game.
there is too much time wasting in rugby and I don’t mind the call. I feel for the players who put in a great effort and should’ve won. I sympathize w rennie saying this game wasn’t decided by the teams but I am not Ropeable like some people on here re call (I think that extreme reaction is ridiculous personally).
Don’t waste time. The game is suffering cause of a lack of time In play. Apply this consistently going forward in all areas and crack down on this horse shit.
And time is relative. 40 seconds at 78 mins isn’t the same as 40 seconds at 42 mins.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I noticed at the ground that it looked like they didnt sell the restricted view seats next to the level three scoreboards. That's probably twenty or so seats at each side of the two scoreboards.

The roar after Barrett scored the final try was the loudest thing I can recall hearing at a sports event. It is insanely loud in there when the crowd is fired up and the roof is closed.

The NZ crowd was loud. There really isn't much of a home advantage with that many kiwi's in the crowd.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I did enjoy the ABs absolutely butchering a few tries last night. When we were down to 13 it looked like we had 10 on the paddock and they still fucked it.

Absolutely, NZ aren't the same clinical team they once were. Losing the contact zone for most the match, fluffing easy try-scoring opportunities. I feel like the AB's of old would have scored 3+ tries with 13 v 15.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I thought foley completely wasted time and if it had been Richie doing that at that point of the game I’d be yelling at the ref to call a penalty too and I think 99% of you would say the same.
Yes it was 40 seconds but it was 40 seconds when there was 100 remaining.
The ref had time going and then time off once he realized foley was wasting time and told him repeatedly to go and go quick. He took time off to warn him. Then our time back on. I don’t buy that he didn’t know what was going on. He was trying to delay and get a rest for the players.
If this was done by faf or some NZ pest, we’d be yelling at the ref to it delay the game.
there is too much time wasting in rugby and I don’t mind the call. I feel for the players who put in a great effort and should’ve won. I sympathize w rennie saying this game wasn’t decided by the teams but I am not Ropeable like some people on here re call (I think that extreme reaction is ridiculous personally).
Don’t waste time. The game is suffering cause of a lack of time In play. Apply this consistently going forward in all areas and crack down on this horse shit.
And time is relative. 40 seconds at 78 mins isn’t the same as 40 seconds at 42 mins.

Sure, but the laws of the game don't change in the final two minutes.

I'm all for rugby trying to decrease unnecessary stoppages and time wasting but the time to commence that isn't by making a game deciding decision at the end of a test match. It was completely ridiculous.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Sure, but the laws of the game don't change in the final two minutes.

I'm all for rugby trying to decrease unnecessary stoppages and time wasting but the time to commence that isn't by making a game deciding decision at the end of a test match. It was completely ridiculous.

100% this.

Status
Not open for further replies.