• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2022 Bledisloe Cup. Wallabies vs All Blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Agree on the time wasting....however, if the ref thought that...and in the context of the game ...all he had to do was add the extra time allegedly wasted once lineout was in play....to give the ABs a scrum on the line with less than a minute in the game and Australia in front, was imho, the worst decision by a referee that I have ever witnessed in some 40 years. As Rennie said, he had no feel for the game. He should never ref anything except Subbies ever again, or the French equivalent of. In hindsight, not even Subbies!
Knowing the French, he will probably be in charge of next year's WC Final!
The chance for Australia to possibly win a major trophy, that it hasn't been close to winning for twenty years goes up in smoke due to the complete moronic referee, pedantic to the letter .....DISGRACEFUL.
He should be executed by guillotine......OK....OK... maybe not executed!
I would agree with this and how it would’ve handled it but at what point is it a penalty. Can’t stop clock forever or let him wait for ever and add time back. That was 45 seconds between penalties. Everyone watches a game and bemoans a goal kicker taking over a minute which takes more time than a kick for touch.
I wouldn’t have made that call but some of the outrage is ridiculous. He absolutely wasted time and that should be stamped out. Would prefer it had been done earlier in the game or the year but no one seems to be arguing that foley wasn’t wasting time just that he shouldn’t have been called out on it.
If you agree it should be called but only if called consistently - this isn’t the same as a ruck technique in the game not being policed at all. He has called out to him how many times? You can clearly he his Whistler when he says time on again. I think this was both a bad call and a fuck up by foley. The two aren’t mutually exclusive here.
As for foster….what a lemon of a bloke - rubbing it in after that win. Give me a spell. Guy will be out of a job by 2023 anyways I guess

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Yup
Oh come on now. If rules are rules, then time shouldn’t be relative. Using sone arbitrary system in which we decide which things are and aren’t time wasting is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. Rules are meant to be black and white

and if this clown ref is such a stickler for the rules, why was he not blowing up scrum feeds that weren’t straight?

Picking and choosing rules based on a whim is not how rugby should be decided
if rules are meant to be black and white then this was a clear infraction and if rules are rules and black and white then each moment should be independent of those that came before it and judged by the rules in which case this was an infraction regardless of whether he called it out or not earlier in the game.

shit call but shit by foley. No way around it in my book.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I thought foley completely wasted time and if it had been Richie doing that at that point of the game I’d be yelling at the ref to call a penalty too and I think 99% of you would say the same.
Yes it was 40 seconds but it was 40 seconds when there was 100 remaining.
The ref had time going and then time off once he realized foley was wasting time and told him repeatedly to go and go quick. He took time off to warn him. Then our time back on. I don’t buy that he didn’t know what was going on. He was trying to delay and get a rest for the players.
If this was done by faf or some NZ pest, we’d be yelling at the ref to it delay the game.
there is too much time wasting in rugby and I don’t mind the call. I feel for the players who put in a great effort and should’ve won. I sympathize w rennie saying this game wasn’t decided by the teams but I am not Ropeable like some people on here re call (I think that extreme reaction is ridiculous personally).
Don’t waste time. The game is suffering cause of a lack of time In play. Apply this consistently going forward in all areas and crack down on this horse shit.
And time is relative. 40 seconds at 78 mins isn’t the same as 40 seconds at 42 mins.
Yet at the 70 min mark it was ok for Richey to take 90 seconds to take a penalty kick?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Why is no one pissed about gordans and wrights cards as well ? Both didn't even do anything

Wright followed by others clearly slowed down the NZ ball in a try scoring situation. Wright was the first to infringe.

Gordon was probably a bit unlucky but NZ would have certainly scored from that maul if no one had caused it to collapse. Him falling over in the path of it definitely contributed to that.

Swain is so unlucky.
A ban for a love tap of a headbut. More of a push with the head and now an accidental incident in a clean out he will prob get 6 weeks.

He's an idiot and a thug. I can't believe you can be so convinced that cleanout was accidental.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
I would agree with this and how it would’ve handled it but at what point is it a penalty. Can’t stop clock forever or let him wait for ever and add time back. That was 45 seconds between penalties. Everyone watches a game and bemoans a goal kicker taking over a minute which takes more time than a kick for touch.
I wouldn’t have made that call but some of the outrage is ridiculous. He absolutely wasted time and that should be stamped out. Would prefer it had been done earlier in the game or the year but no one seems to be arguing that foley wasn’t wasting time just that he shouldn’t have been called out on it.
If you agree it should be called but only if called consistently - this isn’t the same as a ruck technique in the game not being policed at all. He has called out to him how many times? You can clearly he his Whistler when he says time on again. I think this was both a bad call and a fuck up by foley. The two aren’t mutually exclusive here.
As for foster….what a lemon of a bloke - rubbing it in after that win. Give me a spell. Guy will be out of a job by 2023 anyways I guess
Yes…. Foster…I felt sorry for him with all the Kiwi sideline pundits baying for his sacking but after this I am too… what a knob…

Sydney Morning Herald

“However, his counterpart, Foster, rubbed it in by declaring he had no issue with the call and effectively blamed Foley.

“I thought it was very clear cut,” Foster said. “He warned him. Part of your game management is to listen to the referee.”

Maybe a no comment would have been more sporting and diplomatic….

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Nah that Gordon yellow card is pretty fair. Swain should've been red carded. Whoever tip tackled Fainga'a could've been yellow carded. Kellaway's non try could've been awarded. Samisoni's first could've been ruled out. I don't mind about those decisions, they're lineballs and we see them fall to either side multiple times a weekend.

The fucking nerve to pull out a time wasting penalty reversal in the 80th minute though, never seen that. So all this hype about other calls/non calls is a false equivalence.

Last edited:

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Nah that Gordon yellow card is pretty fair. Swain should've been red carded. Whoever tip tackled Fainga'a could've been yellow carded. Kellaway's non try could've been awarded. Samisoni's first could've been ruled out. I don't mind about those decisions, they're lineballs and we seem them fall to either side multiple times a weekend.

The fucking nerve to pull out a time wasting penalty reversal in the 80th minute though, never seen that. So all this hype about other calls/non calls is a false equivalence.

Even Gordon's try saver could have been ruled a head high.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
The call was S*it, but one thing I don't get is why at that stoppage would you not have been subbing Foley for Hodge anyway. Hodge has a extra 20 meters in his kicks and at that stage of the game it's worth bringing him on for 90 seconds. Just to make sure the ball gets to half way. It's poor management by Rennie and Co in that aspect.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
Yup

if rules are meant to be black and white then this was a clear infraction and if rules are rules and black and white then each moment should be independent of those that came before it and judged by the rules in which case this was an infraction regardless of whether he called it out or not earlier in the game.

shit call but shit by foley. No way around it in my book.
Then why aren’t crooked scrum feeds capped back then if it’s all about the rule book

the way refs choose which rules to apply and when is what’s killing rugby, and people like you that allow them to do it only help kill the game

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Then why aren’t crooked scrum feeds capped back then if it’s all about the rule book

the way refs choose which rules to apply and when is what’s killing rugby, and people like you that allow them to do it only help kill the game
I didn’t say it’s all about the rule book. Whomever I replied to had said rules are rules and black and white and not to be interpreted which refutes claims of the feel of the game and if rules are black and white that was an infraction.
Refs should police crooked feeds and everyone who slows the game down.
90 seconds to kick a conversion and the clock shouldn’t be winding down.
60 seconds to kick a penalty and clock shouldn’t wind down until the ball is kicked
30 seconds to kick for touch and clock shouldn’t wind down until the ball is thrown in from line out.
Find a way to speed up scrums or clock
Off until scrums are engaged.
All for it.
but foley wasted time. Too emotional about the result if you don’t see that.
wouldn’t have made the call myself. Just kick the ball. Forward can figure out their play afterwards. When they call the line out.
What did they need to figure out? Win the bloody line out. Then kick the ball into touch

Status
Not open for further replies.