• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2022 Bledisloe Cup. Wallabies vs All Blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mate I always subtle:p, and I agre most others would do it, seems it hard for anyone to get on high horses over it though, when others do it.
Seems they think he guilty though, so are trying to limit damage.........to Swain.
Actually if you had an NRC he could of used them there, food for thought and another reason to have one.

But honest thing is I surprised Frost in 'A' squad, really rate that boy and would have him in test squad.

He can be in both... the Japanese games occur in the break between the Bledisloe and the Spring tour.

Th0mo

Allen Oxlade (6)
Another burst re Swain incident :rolleyes: I guess we had to fill void while we sit and wait for the world‘s longest judiciary process. Imagine if the game had been played on Saturday would this be a Friday night appointment? Being a new area judiciary it could go either way but probably not a middle road short suspension. Sadly I suspect this new focus will fade quickly like the crack down on neck rolls that amounted to only the occasional penalty despite them occurring frequently still (although maybe a little less now Pocock is retired and they changed the interpretation so you don’t have to ‘survive’ the clean out).

That this incident is held up as high thuggery shows how far things have come in terms of cleaning up foul play. Ten years ago (no need to reach back to Meads and Loe) this sort of thing was still going on, don’t think it was addressed on field (one upside of more interventionist TMOs?) and only getting 5 weeks!

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
Another burst re Swain incident :rolleyes: I guess we had to fill void while we sit and wait for the world‘s longest judiciary process. Imagine if the game had been played on Saturday would this be a Friday night appointment? Being a new area judiciary it could go either way but probably not a middle road short suspension. Sadly I suspect this new focus will fade quickly like the crack down on neck rolls that amounted to only the occasional penalty despite them occurring frequently still (although maybe a little less now Pocock is retired and they changed the interpretation so you don’t have to ‘survive’ the clean out).

That this incident is held up as high thuggery shows how far things have come in terms of cleaning up foul play. Ten years ago (no need to reach back to Meads and Loe) this sort of thing was still going on, don’t think it was addressed on field (one upside of more interventionist TMOs?) and only getting 5 weeks!

Andrew Hore one of biggest chumps ever. On top of this king hit he was also caught clubbing baby seals to death

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Mate only an idiot reads Reason columns, I won't even open them as you say he a clickbait journo, and a Pom too, his father was same.

Oh sorry I see you must of read it ;) :D :D :D

Well done dan... calling me an idiot over the content of a kiwi media article says more about you then it does me.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well done dan... calling me an idiot over the content of a kiwi media article says more about you then it does me.
C
Geez Adam, when did you lose your sense of humour mate? There was a reason I put the laughing faces after it you know, but as you say, perhaps you are correct and it says more about me than you, I assume when there are laughing emojis people realise that it's a piss take. So apologies for offending you! And that's serious.

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Didn't you know, Dan only reads articles that fits his narrative, just like the rest of us :D
Naa Tomikin, don't really know what articles are about until after I have read them, just in early days of reading Reason's articles I decided he was clickbait, and if I clicked on them it did what he was after, so don't know of he ever for or against my views. I am same with Stephen Jones etc, just why support them when I have no care for their opinion. If noone read their articles these jokers wouldn't get paid to write rubbish. See I read most posts on here, because (I respect that though at times we may disagree) opinions of a lot of posters on here than I do these clowns.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
I think it should be reserved for the refs and ARs (via the ref) to ask for replays at try time or leading up to try if needed.
Beyon that - strictly for offenses that should be a clear cut yellow or red. Even then I’d lean towards red (tip tackles, head shots etc)

the ref team should adjudicate all else. If they get it wrong they get it wrong. Swings and round abouts in rugby.

TMO role should be reduced. Not removed but a very clear and limited scope of works.

they can refer incidents to a match review panel as well upon a post game review or something.

after a penalty referee should say play on and from that point it should be 20 seconds to kick for touch at worst - prefer 20 seconds and clock is off
Similar for kicks for goal and conversions.
the ball is not in play when it is on a tee. It is in okay when it is in the air.

there is absolutely NO upside to interventionist TMO's they are a blight on the game.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
6 week ban apparently - up to and including 6 Nov
Hard to argue with that I guess.
Judiciary committee: “Through the actions by the player such as position, control, and player movements they found the incident was not intentional, however, it was highly reckless.”

Last edited:

tragic

John Solomon (38)
So he’ll miss 3 games against NZ, Scotland and France and be available for selection from the Italy game on Nov 13, ireland on Nov 20 and Wales Nov 27.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Bledisloe 2 is one match. Three by Aus A in Japan brings him up to four matches foregone. Does he just miss two on the EOYT, or give the tour a miss altogether and get a full pre-season in readiness for next year? The latter imo but only if that would count towards the games missed.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Bledisloe 2 is one match. Three by Aus A in Japan brings him up to four matches foregone. Does he just miss two on the EOYT, or give the tour a miss altogether and get a full pre-season in readiness for next year? The latter imo but only if that would count towards the games missed.
They’ll pick him. Why else go through the Aus A charade.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
lOaXsOy.jpg

Codie Taylor fFS.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Naa Tomikin, don't really know what articles are about until after I have read them, just in early days of reading Reason's articles I decided he was clickbait, and if I clicked on them it did what he was after, so don't know of he ever for or against my views. I am same with Stephen Jones etc, just why support them when I have no care for their opinion. If noone read their articles these jokers wouldn't get paid to write rubbish. See I read most posts on here, because (I respect that though at times we may disagree) opinions of a lot of posters on here than I do these clowns.
I was teasing mate

Status
Not open for further replies.