• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

behindthescenes

Allen Oxlade (6)
What are the St Pats and Padua teams looking like for 2014?

Pats & Padua look to be in rebuilding years with reasonably strong 15As sides from last year, but pretty average 16As. Haven't heard of either school picking up any new recruits either? i could be wrong? Pats will be well prepared with their coaching staff though, i hear they'e already doing 2/ 3 sessions a week. Not sure about Padua though, their new coach from last year has left, so not sure who is taking them? doesn't sound like they are training much either.

behindthescenes

Allen Oxlade (6)
mate do you even know the selection process? those boys who make themselves available for selection and who are the best in their position, get picked. selecting two AIC sides is a lot easier than selecting the GPS sides.

T

TSuared2K14

have been an avid follower of this thread for quite sometime now i though it was time for me to add my 2 cents.

Some predictions of the lauries teams have been close, however for an upcoming trial i have got word of the team that is most likely to be starting the first third.

1. the BIG Chez - has pace, he escaped from mexico
2. Henry James - Similar to Tom dingleberry or whatever his name is from Iona - red head, know to have set fire to the fields of the 'corn'
3. Lil timmy - excellent player given the bucket loads of spirit he exerts on the field, don't worry personal joke if u don't get it
4. Mike Crace - will be at his blistering best coming off the high of a set a good life- yes he DJs
5. Jackson Priaux - debut season but has been gyming ridiculously hard, outrageous gains.
6. Ben Ofarell - purely in the side for his abilities if a biff was to break out, however, also good company for 'darbo' at half time; same interests
7. Andrew Gilles - extremely explosive player, very good when it comes to tackling off the ball, significant threat to any opposing halfback
8. Tom Beikoff (fellow blogger) - as he is the captain of SLC weightlifting (ha gaaaaay) his power to strength ratio is the best in the school, perfect 8
9. Alijah 'no nuts' nonna - yes, fellow bloggers are correct, SLC's most recent important
10. Sam 'darbo' Jackson (C, Captained the 16D's to an undefeated premiership, his motivation to be fit by reducing the darbs is team motivation) - so long as he doesn't have to always stop for a darb, expect some bone crunching, unstoppable go and shows
11. Louis Quadrio - as passing is a significant weakness, moved to wing to limit the damage, no doubt a winger to be feared
12. Adam Parsons - if sammy j could manage to get the ball to SLC's highly priced british import, expect some good ol' lauries crash balls that get no one anywhere
13. Darcy Sellick - ridiculously blistering pace, one of the better ruck inspectors in AIC footy, has also been working on his kicking game with Commander on thursdays lunch
14. Mitch Bakon - needs no introduction, a very good player when it comes to balls
15. Makelti Clink - solid player but at 15 so no one has to listen to him, based on his season in 16E's, his return kicking game is something that rivals Nick Boxall's.

What have other people heard?

rugbyXVtalk

Bob McCowan (2)
Pats & Padua look to be in rebuilding years with reasonably strong 15As sides from last year, but pretty average 16As. Haven't heard of either school picking up any new recruits either? i could be wrong? Pats will be well prepared with their coaching staff though, i hear they'e already doing 2/ 3 sessions a week. Not sure about Padua though, their new coach from last year has left, so not sure who is taking them? doesn't sound like they are training much either.
padua have recruited a new coach coach ewen mckenzie look the sorts likes hot pies and beer before during and after the game. apparently he had something to do with the reds winning premiership but im yet to get back on that

T

TSuared2K14

padua have recruited a new coach coach ewen mckenzie look the sorts likes hot pies and beer before during and after the game. apparently he had something to do with the reds winning premiership but im yet to get back on that

so rugbyXVtalk are you saying you are backing Padua for first XV premiership given the new coaching appointment? What about 2nd and 3rd XV, is this Ewen Mckensie guy helping them as well? Because from what i understand, St Laurence's College have a quality First XV team full of debutants at this stage, meaning the 2nd XV is filled with 7 or 8 first XV run on players from last year and the 3rd XV absolutely destroyed the 16 years competition to run away premiers for the 4th year in a row!

what are other peoples bets for the open trifecta?
if you would like to see some odds head over to tomwaterhouseknowsaic.com.au

FootballWizard

Stan Wickham (3)
I can confirm Thomas Cronin has broken his fibula at a music festival friday night. He is expected to be fully recovered in 9-10 weeks, feel for the kid as he had a bright season in front of him.

AICHAWK

Frank Row (1)
To be honest i really don't think it matters who's in the teams. with this years AIC first 15 sides all looking to post impressive teams with the exception of pats. Some may argue the premiership will come down to depth. I say no. After doing a recent sport psych coarse at UQ i've discovered that the firsts premiership will be won on school spirit. so can i start a new thread? which AIC school has the most spirit and will therefore win the AIC rugby title.

T

TSuared2K14

To be honest i really don't think it matters who's in the teams. with this years AIC first 15 sides all looking to post impressive teams with the exception of pats. Some may argue the premiership will come down to depth. I say no. After doing a recent sport psych coarse at UQ i've discovered that the firsts premiership will be won on school spirit. so can i start a new thread? which AIC school has the most spirit and will therefore win the AIC rugby title.

AICHAWK you are dead right there champion. some say catches win matches, others say tackles win matches, however my philosophy is dead straight with yours, spirit wins matches. whilst i am not 100% sure on this, as some of my sources are slightly bias and corrupt but the army from lauries is apparently over running the competition in regards to spirit ATM. backed by some high class photographers and led by macca, poois and wacko i am told they romped all over ashgrove's spirit, similar to how they cuckolded (yes shakespeare is my idol) ashgrove in the first 6 vball, a feet not often achieved seeing as ashgrove import purely to ensure they have spirit numbers.

ps. don't think you should create a new feed for AIC spirit - keep it nice and central with this one thread, cause spirit and ruggas go together like number 8 and his sister apparently

Managreve

Stan Wickham (3)
AIC 1:

1. Michael Hansen-Luther (SLC)/ Possibly Dom Dingwall (Iona)
2. Eric Tou-Ariki (SLC)
4. James Lancashire (Ashgrove)/Cayleb Williamson (SEC)
5. Daniel Byrne (Ashgrove)/Mitchell Schneider (SLC)/Will Sankey (Villa)
6. -
7. -
8. -
10. Jayden Carrol (Iona)/Carter Auld (SEC)/Ryan Cameron (Villa)
11. -
12. Cameron Torpy (Villa)
13. Reagan Glynn (St Pats)
14. David Yabsley (Iona)
15. Kenric Felu (Villa)

The Loose forwards in my opinion are up for grabs, it seriously all depends on how each team ends up at the end of the season. In my opinion the #1 & #2 should be on the starting team for AIC 1. But yeah it's really too early to decide the team until the season is under way

You missed Setu from Eddies .along with Byrne ASH and Yabsley Iona he will be key to AIC 2014

SOCC3R

Frank Row (1)
now Mr SOCC3R, i don't know who you are or where you come from but can you get fucked. my prediction is you must come the swamplands of Wynnum or the hole that is Padua as you are dyslexic, this forum is titled "aic rugby 2014" not "aic soccer 2014". In a sport where i see more dives than i will see this thursday at the AIC swimming championships, i think you should take your predications elsewhere and be careful treading on the hallowed grounds that is the Green and Gold Rugby forum.

i am sure others would agree?

I don't know who you are 'tsquared2k4, but by the sounds of it you must struggle reading the morning notices.. o_O

Rugbychat101

Stan Wickham (3)
Can anyone give me a Padua backline prediction?
Padua College Backline Predicton
Option 1)
9.Chris Morris
10.Lawson Creighton
11.Liam Attwood
12.Jack Peoples
13Jordan Fewings
14.Zac Odonell
15.John Honour

Option 2)
9. Harrison Pankhurst
10. Samuel Collins
11. Liam Attwood
12.Jamie Salamone
13. Ben Harvey
14.Zac Odonell / John Honour
15.Jordan Fewings

Chat going around Christopher Morris could be playing in the flanker position because of the size that he has gained this could find Stephen Gill in the no.9 position possibly.

billy slater

Frank Row (1)
villanova team predictions
1. kyle walker
2. Richard barnewell
3. alex lockett
4. jayden daley
5. will sankey
6. George carter
7. peter harding
9. eli lui
10. ryan Cameron
11. connor heath
12. sam thong
13. Cameron torpy
14. josh beeston
15. kenric felu

AICRugby123

Bob McCowan (2)
villanova team predictions
1. kyle walker
2. Richard barnewell
3. alex lockett
4. jayden daley
5. will sankey
6. George carter
7. peter harding
9. eli lui
10. ryan Cameron
11. connor heath
12. sam thong
13. Cameron torpy
14. josh beeston
15. kenric felu

I dont think villa are that good to play with 14 player. where the no.8

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Now we are deleting posts and banning people willy-nilly in an attempt to help this thread survive.

Talk about the rugby and don't be offensive.

To make sure your post is not deleted, and you not banned, be particularly careful.

Though many of you are schoolboys please try to write in a more mature manner.

This will serve you well when you have exams.

Thank you for your cooperation guys.

LG

Status
Not open for further replies.