• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
Fair call mate. Eddies have undoubtedly been the dominant side this year. I hope they get a decent representation when it comes to selection. The selectors just need to pick the best 15 (and the rest) footy players who can stick it to the GPS boys.

i respect your opinion but AIC selection is about individual brilliance not about a strong team who have counltess combinations which is why SEC have dominatated AIC in 2014. when it comes down to it other teams have individual players better in some positions than eddies do but its the depth and attitude and combinations SEC have created and this is why eddies may only get 1-3 players selected

also on that note the AIC team is getting selected tonight at Padua with all the coaches meeting @ 7:30 i have a strong presence on the inside and will post the team as soon as it is finalised, so check this page tonight for the AIC side. there will be 23 players named in the team with a further 10 AIC players being named in the Chairmans XV so a total of 33 AIC players will make the rep footy. but the 23 i will post here later.

Managreve

Stan Wickham (3)
SLC rugby is a disgrace all involved should be disappointed, there players have sat on this forum talking themselves up and have done nothing all year.

St Laurence's coaches might have wanted to pay a little more attention to their back 3. Overall I saw Ian Filipo (#12 however playing at fullback) was making careless errors as well as missed tackles and not secure enough under the high ball, Jack Healy (#11) seemed distracted by the crowd and girls that were watching and seemed more keen on taking out opposing winger than making successful tackles. Chris Anastasio (#14) was a better player in the lower grade (16A) being a good finisher in the corner but seemed intimidated at a 1st XV level and let Sam Thong have space and use his footwork and run around allowing a few tries to be let in, in the corner.

Managreve

Stan Wickham (3)
Enough bagging Laurie's. The players should stand tall and proud for making the team as should the coaches for there efforts . Every school has years that don't go well and luck disappears . The only disgrace are those who write vitriol on this site and the boys ( not 1st XV ) who let the college and their mates down by not giving there all. onwards and upwards Laurie's AIC need you to be strong. NM

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
Enough bagging Laurie's. The players should stand tall and proud for making the team as should the coaches for there efforts . Every school has years that don't go well and luck disappears . The only disgrace are those who write vitriol on this site and the boys ( not 1st XV ) who let the college and their mates down by not giving there all. onwards and upwards Laurie's AIC need you to be strong. NM

whats needed to be said has been said, lets leave it at that

AICrugby101

Herbert Moran (7)

Interesting discussions about Lauries decline in recent years has brought to my attention the fact that people are forgetting that they were dominant for many years in the past (TAS and early days of the AIC). This wasn't the case for schools like SEC, Padua, SPC, SPLC and Villa. These schools mentioned have only had a few years of dominance here and there compared to the long history that Lauries has had since the 70's, 80's, 90's and 2000's. That's an impressive record if you ask me. I hope that I am proved wrong, but I can't see the likes of SPC or Villa produce the consistency that Lauries has done in the past.

You can say that every school has years that don't go well and luck dissapears but for a proud school like Lauries, you would think that they would easily be able to maintain their dominance and proud culture just like Ashgrove has. Ashgrove may have dropped off a little bit in terms of their First XV results, but as a whole school performance they are still the best by a fair margin. Even when Lauries was 2nd in the overall performances, they were a mile ahead of the other schools. I do agree that a strong Lauries is crucial for the AIC as they are traditionally one of Brisbane's best rugby nurseries producing 8 wallabies which is more than some GPS schools (Ippy Grammar etc).

Only time will tell, as for now let us focus on the positives.

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yes. As much as it pains me to support Ashgrove, I think that as AIC second rowers go, they don't come much better than Byrnes and Lancashire. I'm expecting to see both of these two to be placed in the AIC 1 starting lineup, probably with a number of other Ashgrove forwards. You can claim Ashgrove favouritism all you want but at the end of the day their forward pack is simply excellent.

they do have a good pack except with beverage being ruled out for the season and lancashire only playing 2-3 games will he being eligable for selection?

SouthsRUFC

Frank Row (1)
they do have a good pack except with beverage being ruled out for the season and lancashire only playing 2-3 games will he being eligable for selection?
Good point. I haven't seen Ashgrove play in the last few weeks so I've been unaware of who's injured. I suppose this would hinder his chances of selection.

IDMSportmedia

Herbert Moran (7)
I believe there is no chance of SEC losing the 1st XV premiership (if thats what you are implying) even if they lose this weekend to Villanova. The closest teams are Padua and Ashgrove (not too sure on Ash) I think with two losses each. So the AIC premiers for this year is SEC.

Cheers mate

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
Cheers mate

from what i gather
eddies (6/6)
ashgrove (4/6) losing to eddies and pats
padua (4/6) losing to eddies and ashgrove
villa (3/6) losing to iona, ashgrove and padua
iona (2/6) losing to ashgrove, eddies, peters and pats
pats (2/6) losing to padua, eddies, villa and peters
lauries (0/6) lost every game