• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks vs Springbokke : Auckland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
You guys are in one of those terrible situations as fans. It's so fucking obvious and the coach won't do it.

- Get rid of Januarie and Smit
- get the old backline back together

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
A translation of a French report indicates that drugs may have affected the Boks:

This match smells the powder so much both teams bringing to room temperature and trying to find itself for some days.

Or was it something lost in the translation. :)

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
They missed FDP big time; and they need to start Alpon to give them some counter attack options on kick return and their backs have to roll their selves up and get back and give the runners options

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Great win for us - although, I'm not stupid enough to think that the Boks weren't surprisingly flat which helped contribute to the scoreline.

I thougt the AB team selected was shit and it ws time to move on from Mils, Rok, Woodcock and Nonu/Donnelly needed to play more games before being brought into the frame. I was wrong on most parts (still think Rok has done his dash). On the Safa side, they did mis FdP & if he had played it would have been a lot tighter, Botha seems to have done his dash & Smit looked like he'd been swerving the salads for the fried chicken. Have been claiming for a while that I think next year is one step too far for the old Safa guard (probably more in hope, than anything) but Friday certainly seemed to think I may be on to something. JdV doesn't belong on the wing either. He spent so much time looking for an intercept that it was leaving huge gaps for the ABs to exploit.

All in all, happy with, but under no illusions that the war has been won.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Great win for us - although, I'm not stupid enough to think that the Boks weren't surprisingly flat which helped contribute to the scoreline.

I thougt the AB team selected was shit and it ws time to move on from Mils, Rok, Woodcock and Nonu/Donnelly needed to play more games before being brought into the frame. I was wrong on most parts (still think Rok has done his dash). On the Safa side, they did mis FdP & if he had played it would have been a lot tighter, Botha seems to have done his dash & Smit looked like he'd been swerving the salads for the fried chicken. Have been claiming for a while that I think next year is one step too far for the old Safa guard (probably more in hope, than anything) but Friday certainly seemed to think I may be on to something. JdV doesn't belong on the wing either. He spent so much time looking for an intercept that it was leaving huge gaps for the ABs to exploit.

All in all, happy with, but under no illusions that the war has been won.

How so? They looked fairly fired up to me and full of attack. The biggest problem they faced was that they struggled to get their hands on the ball and slow ours down in that 1st half. They just couldn't win the collisions. It happens even when you're not flat and have prepared well etc.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
How so? They looked fairly fired up to me and full of attack. The biggest problem they faced was that they struggled to get their hands on the ball and slow ours down in that 1st half. They just couldn't win the collisions. It happens even when you're not flat and have prepared well etc.

Prime example, how about the rolling mall... where were the fired up full of attack Boks then? REad's try... On any normal day should a number 8 be able to bust through those tackles to score? Smit looked like a fat old man & the team looked disjointed from the outset. A good indicator of how good this team has been/can be, was when they did stick together, they really had no problems getting into our territory and into points scoring positions.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Rugby really is a simple game and it all starts up front with our tight 5. We have to dominate the lineouts & scrums, then the second phase and rucks and let Steyn do his job, exct.

We did not look from the start to do the basics right and not even FdP or Frans Steyn or any other back would have made a differencde in fact it look like our backs had no defensive structure at all.

The only player in the tight 5 worth mentioning was Guthro, the others simply did not pitch. Thats where I would like to see impriovement starting with our captain John Smit.

I am worried about our backs too, it look like Muir have no intention to up our defensive work and I am afraid he will do the same damage with the Bokke like he did with the Lions in the S14.

D

daz

NZ Herald

Bakkies Botha has been suspended for nine weeks for head-butting New Zealand halfback Jimmy Cowan in last night’s Tri-Nations rugby test at Auckland.

I just find the stupidity of it all completely bewildering. The Boks are a fantastic team and have achieved so much, so why oh why do certain players keep acting like thugs and cowards? Headbutts, eye gouging, raking, etc etc. It really is putting the entire Bok system in disrepute and hopefully most Bok players and supporters do not condone this kind of thing. I'm not saying the Wobs are perfect but this is insane behaviour.

Just play the fucking ball, will you?

That's rugby ball btw, not the testicular ball.....

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I just find the stupidity of it all completely bewildering. The Boks are a fantastic team and have achieved so much, so why oh why do certain players keep acting like thugs and cowards? Headbutts, eye gouging, raking, etc etc. It really is putting the entire Bok system in disrepute and hopefully most Bok players and supporters do not condone this kind of thing. I'm not saying the Wobs are perfect but this is insane behaviour.

Just play the fucking ball, will you?

That's rugby ball btw, not the testicular ball.....
Myself probably Bakkies biggest supporter. This time I have no excuse for his deed other then he was supppose to watch more Poofball WC. All the necessary skills shown the way to act when the opposition hang on your shirt. But then I always had the same problem with my oldest boy on the hockey field, iso falling like a dead man to get a free hit he always want to bliksem the opposition holding on his jersey and got red carded a few times for this. Maybe something in our head or something I suppose.

Just hope Bakkies will now take a leave out of Schalkies book after this and playing the ball rather then the man because he is THE most important player in our team, the fuse of our tight 5 oven and our main soldier.

He'll be back, dont worry.

HG

Jimmy Flynn (14)
"He'll be back"

Yes and he will get suspended again. I don't know what is wrong with this bloke? France may be a better option for his kind of play.

HG

Jimmy Flynn (14)
"He'll be back"

Yes and he will get suspended again. I don't know what is wrong with this bloke? France may be a better option for his kind of play.

D

daz

He'll be back, dont worry.

I sympathise with you PB. As a supporter, it must be frustrating to see a key part of the machine continually breakdown and penalise the team.

And yes, he will be back, but not before the end of the 3N. I'm not worried at all. On the contrary....Forgive my happiness at this bit of news!

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Well done all Blacks. Yet another convincing win at Eden Park. When was the last time the All Blacks lost there? I found a draw against the boks in the 1994 series but I think the last lost even predates that.

The boks will be better this week and Wellington may suit them better if its greasy (as it usually is).

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Is it just me who found Alan Lewis using the term "All Blacks" throughout last weekends test a bit unusual?

F

foxyloxy

Well done all Blacks. Yet another convincing win at Eden Park. When was the last time the All Blacks lost there? I found a draw against the boks in the 1994 series but I think the last lost even predates that).

When did Corny score his 4 tries. That was it I think.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Pretty sure last loss at Eden Park was against the Frogs in 1994 - incredibely try by the french exploiting the green ness of Jonah Lomu. One of the great tries of all time.

Gaggers - yes, I don't like it when referee's get personal at all. You choose 2 colours, one for each time then refer to them as the colour the number & captain. That's it. I really don't like the way in league how they refer to players by their first names. That's just crossing the line imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.