• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks vs Springbokke @ Wellington

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Muttonbird

If the ABs lose the 'mood of the electorate' will go something like this:

No Carter, no Kaino, no Whitelock, no Messam, ABs were missing grunt; Sure there will be the regular talk back stuff, but then come Sunday afternoon people will get over it as they think that we haven't been going to bad of late

If we lose, Hansen's record will be played 35, won 31, lost 2. Not sure that's the sort of record in the modern game that an incumbent NZ Government would be worrying about unsetlling the masses..

I'm not saying a win to the Boks will be enough to change the government.

Just hoping so.

The current prime minister has high jacked my team three times in the last month and I'm fucked off about it.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
I'm not saying a win to the Boks will be enough to change the government.

Just hoping so.

The current prime minister has high jacked my team three times in the last month and I'm fucked off about it.

You want the ABs to lose based on the 0.00001% chance it will lead to the Nat' govt being deposed. Your views seem rather ungrounded.
Green party supporter??:)

M

Muttonbird

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I personally don't think either team has advantage re weather. Both teams are carrying enough experienced players to adapt to whatever conditions they get I think. Regardless of weather teams have to do basics right, and with balls etc players get these days they should be pretty capable of donig it. Only difference is if ground a little slippery, but geez players should use brains and change boots accordingly.

You're on the money as usual, but yet, how often do we see even the best players & teams fail to adapt to less than ideal conditions? Bled1 was a classic example as far as the AB are concerned, Perth similar in terms of the Wobs. It's almost as if the desired style of play is so deeply ingrained that they just can't see that it may not work in the given conditions & that some kind of Plan B may be a better option. Not saying it would necessarily happen if it were wet in Wellington (you'd hope the lesson of Sydney wouldn't have been so quickly forgotten) but it's a real possibility IMO.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Wobs kept you in the game with poor execution of the basics, some of which was due to the conditions. Wouldn't have happened to the same extent in dry conditions. Same goes in Wellington: if it's wet AB may try to still play dry weather footy as they did in Sydney & with similar results execution-wise. Or they'll play wet weather footy which almost always means a tight game. Either leaves them vulnerable to, say, an 80m Hendriks or Habana special & Morne's boot.

I dont think it'll be anywhere near 50, but given fair to middling conditions you're in for a sound beating, somewhere in the order of 15+.
Are you try to tell me the Bokke lineout was dominate against the Wallabies due to the rain? Cant the wallabies jump in wet weather?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Are you try to tell me the Bokke lineout was dominate against the Wallabies due to the rain? Cant the wallabies jump in wet weather?

Don't think I even mentioned your lineout but now that you've mentioned it, failing to vary their calls esp when Matfield was getting in front of Simmons on such a regular basis was one of the basics Wobs got wrong. As was their poor tactical kicking, esp with the wind behind them.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
You think he's a Test player at the moment?
I know Pollard since his u13 days. He was since those days far ahead of his age group and have lots of BMT. He have done this at u16 level, winning interschools against big favourates in 2011
handre_pollard.jpg

emotions.jpg

and you have seen what he can do at u20 level while in school. This test is what SA players dreams about since they start to play as 7 years old. I am pretty confident he,ll do it if he have the confidense.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Don't think I even mentioned your lineout but now that you've mentioned it, failing to vary their calls esp when Matfield was getting in front of Simmons on such a regular basis was one of the basics Wobs got wrong. As was their poor tactical kicking, esp with the wind behind them.
but the ball was dry?

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
We can say what we like about how the All Blacks will dominate the Bokke and there's merit in such a statement.

My personal feeling is this game will be a 5-10 point game. A game played at a different level than any other international.

My reasoning?

A drubbing is the exception to the rule between these two.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
ALL BLACKS: Israel Dagg, Ben Smith, Conrad Smith, Ma'a Nonu, Julian Savea, Aaron Cruden, Aaron Smith, Kieran Read, Richie McCaw, Steven Luatua, Jeremy Thrush, Brodie Retallick, Owen Franks, Dane Coles, Wyatt Crockett. Reserves: Keven Mealamu, Joe Moody, Ben Franks, Patrick Tuipulotu, Sam Cane, TJ Perenara, Beauden Barrett, Cory Jane.

Current NZ TAB odds:
1 New Zealand 1.22
2 South Africa 4.00

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
We can say what we like about how the All Blacks will dominate the Bokke and there's merit in such a statement.

My personal feeling is this game will be a 5-10 point game. A game played at a different level than any other international.

My reasoning?

A drubbing is the exception to the rule between these two.
So very true Ulrich, I don't think a lot of people from outside the 2 countries realise how much the teams raise in intensity when they play each other. I know I'm an old bugger, but Bok/AB rivalry is still the one that runs deepest among most long time supporters from our countries I think, so there are very seldom blow outs. Funnily enough the Bok are the team that I can handle losing to the most, I don't like it, but because of the years of listening/watching and loving tests between the teams, and the hard way the Boks play, it doesn't hurt quite so much, if that makes sense.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
So very true Ulrich, I don't think a lot of people from outside the 2 countries realise how much the teams raise in intensity when they play each other. I know I'm an old bugger, but Bok/AB rivalry is still the one that runs deepest among most long time supporters from our countries I think, so there are very seldom blow outs. Funnily enough the Bok are the team that I can handle losing to the most, I don't like it, but because of the years of listening/watching and loving tests between the teams, and the hard way the Boks play, it doesn't hurt quite so much, if that makes sense.
Makes 100% sense! I feel the same way and it may seem as if it's easy for me to say so because we lose more often than not against the All Blacks but that actually has made it hard on us Saffas because we expect better.

I'm not from the days the Boks were the leading test nation and very few are, but I know what my countrymen are capable of.

The difference I guess is that I'd easily make the All Blacks my favourite team if SA as a nation was obliterated by a meteorite tomorrow and I was elsewhere to survive. Simply because I think the values at heart for the fans are the same and the people are thorough earthly people from both sides if that makes sense.

Fair to say I find 95/100 kiwis a humble bunch and a delight to talk rugby with. The rest are the mandatory trolls God has given us so we may have a bit of a laugh.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I understand the sentiments being expressed about the level of competition between the Bok and the ABs over the years. But imo this AB side is levels above this Bok side and no amount of emotion or whatever will stop a NZ win by 8 or more. I know Cruden is the "incumbent" coming back from short term injury, but BB is unlucky to miss out on starting after his very good game last week.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
I understand the sentiments being expressed about the level of competition between the Bok and the ABs over the years. But imo this AB side is levels above this Bok side and no amount of emotion or whatever will stop a NZ win by 8 or more. I know Cruden is the "incumbent" coming back from short term injury, but BB is unlucky to miss out on starting after his very good game last week.
5-10 points is what I think. Could be worse for us Bokke, much, much worse especially now with the politics once again interfering. The last time this sort of interference was prevalent we lost to Wales.

It's grim, your views are grim, everyone's views are grim.

I like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.