• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Argentina

C

Cave Dweller

Standard Bank Pampas XV fell to Griquas

The National Standard Bank Pampas XV, lost by 26 to 18 to Griquas, in the quarter-finals of the Vodacom Cup 2012 , and in this way ended their participation in the tournament in South Africa.
The points of the team led by Daniel Hourcade and Mauricio Reggiardo tries were scored by Gabriel Ascarate and Benjamin Madero, who also added two penalties and a conversion. For Griquas, the only try was the work of Landman Ligtoring, while fullback Rudi Vogt, scored seven penalties.

With this result, Standard Bank Pampas XV ended their participation in the Vodacom Cup, where they earned four wins and four losses in its eight games.
Although they will be disappointed they sure have accumulated more experience and they still a young side where a lot of the current crop will be back next year knowing what to expect.

C

Cave Dweller

The Pumas lost in 7s Plate semi-final

DN-905-seven6.jpg

The Pumas 7's team has lost to Wales in the Glasgow 7's Plate Semi Final by 12 points to 5. This meant the end of the participation for the Pumas and will look forward to build towards the next 7's meeting. The Pumas lost in the Gold Cup Quarter Finals against NZ by 36 points to 5.

C

Cave Dweller

The U19 team confirmed

The coach of Argentina Under 19 team, Rodolfo Ambrossio confirmed the lineup to face tomorrow U20 Chile team, in the CARR of FERUCHI, from 14:00.
The Argentine team made the Captain's Run in the morning, with a view to to be prepared to participate in the World JWRT U.S. in June.
In training, the coach announced Rodolfo Ambrossio the team for tomorrow. The Argentine team will be as follows:

1 - Luke Nguyen, 2 - Santiago Iglesias, 3 - Matias Diaz, 4 - Nicholas Capezzone, 5 - Guido Petti, 6 - Jose Faralle, 7 - Eros Basso, 8 - Matias Lopez, 9 - Julian Balbi, 10 - Patrick Fernandez, 11 - Germain Schult, 12 - Joaquin Paz, 13 - Andres Speziali, 14 - Axel Muller and 15 - James Lamb. The bench will comprise the rest of the squad: Felipe Arregui, Ramiro Navarro, Mariano Urubey, Gonzalo Cinat, Julian Rebussone, Juan Andres Osa Cuchiara Lucio, Ignacio Ceballos, Juan Santiago Ninin and Viana.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Couldn't help but notice that the Argie u19 prop has a Vietnamese surname...and yet plays front row...I'd have thought a typical Vietnamese would be more inclined to play scrummie or wing when selected in such teams...

Perhaps he has the height of a typical Vietnamese and got the bulk from his Argie mum's side?

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
Keeping in mind this is only the squad for the June tests and not the Rugby Championship.

Argentina name squad for June Tests

Argentina coach Santiago Phelan has called up veteran prop Rodrigo Roncero for one last time in his squad to face Italy and France in June.

Roncero, who is set to retire at the end of the season, is joined by Stade Français team-mate Felipe Contepomi in the 29-man squad.

There are only nine other European-based players included while there are 16 players from the Pampas team in the Vodacom Cup competition in South Africa.

None of the Pumas from clubs taking part in the Top 14 play-offs in France (Castres, Montpellier, Toulon, Racing-Métro, Toulouse, Clermont) have been included however.

Argentina play Italy in San Juan on June 9 and two Tests against France in Cordoba on June 16 and in Tucuman on Junes 23.

Argentina squad:
Belisario Agulla (Agen/FRA)
Andrés Bordoy (Pau/FRA)
Felipe Contepomi (Stade Français/FRA)
Rodrigo Roncero (Stade Français/FRA)
Francisco Tetaz Chaparro (Stade Français/FRA)
Eusebio Guiñazu (Biarritz/FRA)
Francisco Gomez Kodela (Biarritz/FRA)
Pablo Henn (Brive/FRA)
Ignacio Mieres (Exeter/ENG)
Joaquin Tuculet (Sale/ENG)
Benjamin Urdapilleta (Harlequins/ENG)
Gabriel Ascarate (Natacion y Gimnasia)
Rodrigo Baez (Liceo)
Facundo Barrea et Genaro Fessia (Cordoba Athletic)
Rodrigo Bruno (Jockey Club de Villa Maria)
Tomas Cubelli (Belgrano)
Tomas De la Vega (CUBA)
Julio Farias Cabello
Santiago Guzman et Benjamin Macome (Tucuman Rugby)
Agustin Gosio (Newman)
Martin Landajo (CASI)
Tomas Leonardi (SIC)
Roman Miralles (Duendes)
Manuel Montero (Pucara)
Matias Orlando (Huirapuca)
Bruno Postiglioni (La Plata)
Leonardo Senatore (Gimnasia de Rosario)

http://planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,9817_7778198,00.html

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Hi guys, Cave Dweller, the instigator of this wonderful thread, has been strangely quiet and his profile is inaccessible...nor can I send a PM to him...is he out of here for good, mods?

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
The first test Argentina v Italy was in my planner to record on Foxtel, but has disappeared. What happened? Is this match able to be viewed? Will Fox Sports have any of the Argentina tests? Seeing as Argentina is in the Rugby Championship what's going on?

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
Brazil are still babies compared to most nations in International rugby but they improved a lot just in a few years. They have beaten us in the sevens once although we came back and won the tournament it is still remarkable. ....[clipped].... Brazilians are born natural athletes not in size normally but with pace and skill. They just need to transfer that skill from foot to hand!

Gidday,
just found this gr8 thread and as we plan to go over for the october game at Rosario reading with interest.
this talk of Brazil reminded me of these very funny adverts
They are proof that Brazil wants to promote rugby, in its own funny way of course.
:)

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
The first test Argentina v Italy was in my planner to record on Foxtel, but has disappeared. What happened? Is this match able to be viewed? Will Fox Sports have any of the Argentina tests? Seeing as Argentina is in the Rugby Championship what's going on?

I know it was not on and I am not happy foxtell. All set for a full international rugby festival on the tellie and they forgot to show the last game.
"grumble grizzle bitch and moan"

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Hi guys, Cave Dweller, the instigator of this wonderful thread, has been strangely quiet and his profile is inaccessible.nor can I send a PM to him.is he out of here for good, mods?
Have we heard anything? I was looking forward to his insights leading up to the Rugby championships

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
Have we lost our resident Argie?
I have been enjoying reading up on Sth American rugby.

Did anyone see the Argentine IRB junior game against Australia?
The Argies looked darn strong. Their scrummage was lovely to watch even though it laid waste to young Australian men.
I hope they make the finals and get to play Wales.

Hey Cave Dweller, if you are out there, can you tell us anything about this very strong Argentine Junior team?

Manuel

Herbert Moran (7)
One of the locks has been signed by Stade français. Don't know anything about the rest. I read somewhere that this is the first age grade team to be training together since U-15 or so. Paying off it seems.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Cave Dweller had some disturbing multiple personality issues (he was actually a banned saffa)

We felt euthanasia was kindest

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
Cave Dweller had some disturbing multiple personality issues (he was actually a banned saffa)

Are you sure?
As many of the postings over several months had near perfect occasional broken Spanish into English grammatical errors. *Very* hard to pull off.

Regardless, shame he is gone as the postings were interesting regardless of who it *really* was.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)

the resident Argie, Cave Dweller was a Saffa?! That's the last time I trust the Internet. Right, who on here is pretending to be someone they're not?

For the record I played 4 games of super rugby and a season in Japan and now I'm the backs coach of a very successful European club.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Hard to imagine Cave Dweller being a Saffie given such depth of his knowledge of Argentinian rugby and like...plus what is his motivation to do that in the first place if he's meant to be a Saffie after all?

Was going to nominate him for the rookie poster of the year award!

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
Oh well, the moderators are the like the refs, we may not always agree with their decisions but we have to accept them. Even red cards.

Given all the work CD put in, it may have been a fitting penalty to allow the charade to continue, even if under the law of 'enough rope & hanging'.
CD was obviously using up a lot of his/her time to gather this somewhat useful information.

Anyway, rules are rules.