• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Baa Baa's Vs Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Gee, I didn't realise that my hometown of Parkes was now part of Sydney, the suburban sprawl is now 350km west of the CBD.

all i know is he's australian and played for randwick.

would be great if it was online (preferrably with commentary this time!) if not on fox sports.

rugbyskier

Ted Thorn (20)
Aye, he did play for Randwick but he was born in and grew up in Parkes and his parents still live there. He qualified for Canada through a grandparent who was born in Saskatchewan.

C

centreman

Not sure on what the make up of the squad will be. If its going to be an Australian A team why wouldnt they just call it Australia A v Canada. If they are going to be playing under the Baa Baa's name, shouldnt they have the uncapped players and international ones as well?

It's quite important to rank these type of games as anyone playing for the "A" team of one country is barred from playing for another under IRB rules. Thats why this Barbarians name thing annoys me especially as there is another group calling itself the Australian Barbarians who often play trial games against the Super 15 teams and are composed of normally non contracted Shute Shield and Qld premiership players.Most confusing. Who came up with this idea? Probably the same guy who thought up the Junior Waratahs name.

rugbyskier

Ted Thorn (20)
Where your parents and grandparents are born means nothing thesedays for Intl Rugby...

But did it back in 2003? From what I understand, James Pritchard went to Canada in 2003 to gain national selection, using his ancestry as a means to qualify to play over there. Maybe it was a Canadian immigration and citizenship requirement.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I'm expecting the following team:-

1. Ben Daley
2. Tatafu Polota-Nau
3. James Slipper
4. Sitaleki Timani
5. Rob Simmons
6. Dave Dennis
7. Beau Robinson
8. Wycliff Palu (if he cant play in this game, he wont go to New Zealand)
9. Nick Phipps
10. Berrick Barnes
11. Drew Mitchell
12. Matt Giteau
13. Rob Horne
14. Rod Davies
15. Luke Morahan

16. Pek Cowan
17. Hanson
18. McCalman
19. Hodgson
20. Mark Gerrard
22. Lachie Turner

I think Deans knows we are better off letting our returning stars (Palu, Barnes, TPN and Slipper) get some good game time under their belt rather than having them sit on the bench at Suncorp and be to affraid to rely on them. Also I think Deans will put a few of the fringe dwellers on the Bench rather than starting. If there was any injuries to Wallabies players on the eve of the beldisloe he'll want guys like McCalmun, Hodgson, Turner to be relatively fresh.

This really is a strong Australia A team, especially the tight five and backrow. Hell the 10-13 is shit hot. All four of those guys will be challenging for a starting spot in the wallabies. Shows the depth aus is building.

Much stronger than the team that lost to Samoa.

punisher

Bob McCowan (2)
Do you all reckon we could send an email or two to Fox Sports Rugby with a view to showing this game online ? I would hate not to see it.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I've heard from a reliable source that they will stream it on foxsports.com.au - just waiting for confirmation as this was sent in a private message

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
All good but I don't know how it's a 'late addition'. This thread was started on the 29th of last month and I'm sure the game was organised some time before that so I'm sure if they really wanted to, fox could have put it on air properly.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
All good but I don't know how it's a 'late addition'. This thread was started on the 29th of last month and I'm sure the game was organised some time before that so I'm sure if they really wanted to, fox could have put it on air properly.

Fact is, who is really going to watch it other than us. YES they should put it on, but if my mungo team was playing i think i would watch it and flick between the two.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Fact is, who is really going to watch it other than us. YES they should put it on, but if my mungo team was playing i think i would watch it and flick between the two.

in the time slot there are no league games scheduled on fox sports. they are showing a replay of the first bledisloe in auckland and after that a replay of the 1980 bledisloe.
who's going to be watching either of those games but us! show the baabaas game live!

Status
Not open for further replies.