• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia: now the worlds most hated team, and whinging saffas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I would like to add a lot of anti aus stuff on facebook seems to be from SA, who seemed to think they were robbed in QF, why the hell anyone thought Pocock shouldn't play the ref is beyond me.

C

chriscullen

All this Facebook rubbish from kiwis is from fair weather supporters and young kids I think. I was at the 1987 cup as a 18 yr old , we barely celebrated , I think we all thought we would just keep winning it every time. Younger supporters have grown up with the chip on their shoulder as they have never had a win. Personally I haven't given any of my mates any flak only because for me I just get personal satisfaction from a win or the opposite for a loss. As a kiwi mad rugby fan who has lived in Australia for 20 yrs I find the Australians just get over it and move on with things, whereas us kiwis bottle things up.
As far as rugby goes sometimes it's nobodies fault when you lose it's just the other team played better. I don't think there should be any Spanish inquisition on Australian rugby, on their day they can and will beat the All Blacks.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Bollocks gagger. He was asked about it , gave his opinion, and if that his opinion do you think he should lie?? That reflects badly on you if you do mate. Didn't we have NSW prem having great delight calling ABs chokers etc at civic ceremony as Wallabies left? I don't think that was smart. In saying that I also over the Cooper booing stuff, and funnily enough saw a few kiwis on PR forum saying same thing.
Mind you if I thought I could help get him to drop an up and under.........

Well, this might be news to you fellas but you don't always have to drop your guts if someone asks you a question in a press conference. At any presser you'll get as much opportunity as you want to open up on pretty much any topic - that the journo's job. You choose - as Henry did - which questions you decide to answer at all, or how much. He chose to give out a little lecture on this skew-eyed version of "respect" to one opposition player. Poor

Even worse this could be seen as condoning the shitawful booing behaviour that apparently we're all "over" now

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Well, this might be news to you fellas but you don't always have to drop your guts if someone asks you a question in a press conference. At any presser you'll get as much opportunity as you want to open up on pretty much any topic - that the journo's job. You choose - as Henry did - which questions you decide to answer at all, or how much. He chose to give out a little lecture on this skew-eyed version of "respect" to one opposition player. Poor

Even worse this could be seen as condoning the shitawful booing behaviour that apparently we're all "over" now

It was a pretty tame comment - assuming fox are carrying the one in question.
In fact, if he heeds the underlying sentiment it might do him some good: so Henry might have helped him.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
i havnt read the whole thread, but i just wanna say.

if AUSTRALIA are the most hated team in rugby, dont cuddle stuff, dont say the right things, dont shake hands. Be the most hated team, get the country behind us, its us against the world, screw em and there opinions, maybe in doing this we might actually find some mungral.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Don't know about you WJ but I quite like the warm reception Aussies get when travelling overseas. We can get some mongrel in us without turning into E̶n̶g̶l̶a̶n̶d̶ a bunch of c*nts.

Loki74

Ward Prentice (10)
Don't know about you WJ but I quite like the warm reception Aussies get when travelling overseas. We can get some mongrel in us without turning into E̶n̶g̶l̶a̶n̶d̶ a bunch of c*nts.

As the youngsters would say, ROTFL

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)

You guys seriously need to get over the English.

We did. It's liberating, trust me.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)

I think there is a difference between the team and fans. Our team being booed doesn't turn us into England. But if a kiwi gets an interview and calls us arrogant again, a simply "I don't care about his opinion" should be enough. Quade being booed was fantastic as it ment I could save my voice.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I think there is a difference between the team and fans. Our team being booed doesn't turn us into England. But if a kiwi gets an interview and calls us arrogant again, a simply "I don't care about his opinion" should be enough. Quade being booed was fantastic as it ment I could save my voice.

WJ weren't you firmly in the camp against Booing the Waratahs when I suggested the fans deserved the chance to vent against a side who badly let them down? Are you suggesting that you would have booed QC (Quade Cooper) if others had not taken up the load on your behalf?

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)

I think I get what you're saying but I also want my son to play rugby as a sport where you shake hands after the game, you play hard but play fair and after the game is done you should be able to have a beer with the opposition. I don't want him growing up idolising a bunch of arrogant arseholes like Chris Ashton.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
WJ weren't you firmly in the camp against Booing the Waratahs when I suggested the fans deserved the chance to vent against a side who badly let them down? Are you suggesting that you would have booed QC (Quade Cooper) if others had not taken up the load on your behalf?

Yep, im against booing, but I have the right to cos I bother to make noise. I was against the people talking down the Tahs due to the absolute lack of noise and colour that comes from there seats.

I'm not saying do horrible things, I'm saying become insular (like south Africa) demand of ourselves what we want to be and don't worry about how others view us.

I wrote it in an extreme way, I've had a few, but the gist and vibe I believe in.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Stupid topic from where I sit. I don't believe for a minute it's true, but even if it were I wouldn't care given how our team plays. They play clean and flowing rugby with little cynical play and even less dirty play. They aren't angels and don't pretend to be. They aren't world conquerors, and don't pretend to be. They do dare to say we believe we can win. The arrogance of them!

Please, it's all bullshit. A few people shit stirring and a few more buying into it.

As for the blacks, I don't buy into the aura and mystique stuff either. 'You don't respect us bro' a few kiwis whine. Rubbish. Respect yes. You don't not respect a team with that record. Grovel, no. Dare to believe you can win, damn straight.

Blacks played superbly on Sunday and are a great team. But they are beatable. All teams are in sport.

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
Booing is juvenile poor sportsmanship at it's worst. I took a bunch of the Juniors team I coach to see a Reds game at Lang Park (I will never call it Suncorp Stadium) and a couple of the kids started booing some stupid thing. I told them if i heard it again I'd pull them out and send them home. After that they even clapped good play from the other team. They caught on real fast and were happy to just enjoy good play from both teams without some bullshit expectation or stereotype about hating the enemy. It's a bloody game and while it may be played hard, it has rules for spectators and supporters as much as the players. The can be summed up by the phrase Good Sportsmanship. Too many idiots invest their lives in a sporting team and lose all perspective on what life and sport is really all about. These idiots then go on and infect the next generation. They are a virus that we need to eradicate by good example and talking to our children and having the balls to address the virus respectfully in whatever grandstand in which we encounter it.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
i havnt read the whole thread, but i just wanna say.

if AUSTRALIA are the most hated team in rugby, dont cuddle stuff, dont say the right things, dont shake hands. Be the most hated team, get the country behind us, its us against the world, screw em and there opinions, maybe in doing this we might actually find some mungral.

Yep, im against booing, but I have the right to cos I bother to make noise. I was against the people talking down the Tahs due to the absolute lack of noise and colour that comes from there seats.

I'm not saying do horrible things, I'm saying become insular (like south Africa) demand of ourselves what we want to be and don't worry about how others view us.

I wrote it in an extreme way, I've had a few, but the gist and vibe I believe in.

See what you did there?

Status
Not open for further replies.