• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v England: Match III, SCG, Sat 16th July 7.55pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Tonight, Wilson proved why Rennie picked and will pick Valetini over him every f*cking day of his life until final judgement

Wilson was pretty bad. Frost was surprisingly great, but strange that he played 80min, was clearly stuffed after 60minutes, should have brought on Leota sooner.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
... that was a little frustrating at times, but boy you bunch are a dower lot. There needs to be some perspective on the injuries and depth Rennie and the team have been developing. Players like Frost really stood up tonight. We're no longer bemoaning our hookers not throwing it in straight. Yes, there were errors and some poor decision making at times, but truthfully England was far from clinical as well.

whitefalcon

Bob Loudon (25)
Wilson was pretty bad. Frost was surprisingly great, but strange that he played 80min, was clearly stuffed after 60minutes, should have brought on Leota sooner.
I thought frost was one of the best on ground.

I reckon they didn't want to put Leota into the row unless they had too.

Reactions: dru

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
... that was a little frustrating at times, but boy are you bunch a dower lot. There needs to be some perspective on the injuries and depth Rennie and the team have been developing. Players like Frost really stood up tonight. We're no longer bemoaning our hookers not throwing it in straight. Yes, there were errors and some poor decision making at times, but truthfully England was far from clinical as well.
No. If the referee awarded an attacking team the Wallabies win that game by a landslide. Instead they award a defending team who does nothing but in fridge a million times until they win a penalty

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Frustrating game. We created more opportunities, looked more dangerous, and had the cattle to win. Just left too many points on the park. And the try against the run of play which required no line break from England killed us.
For the first time in ages I’m quietly confident our time is coming.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
The strategy looked fine it was once again execution that let us down. If only I had a dollar for every "last pass" that we have screwed in the last decade.

Australian rugby love playing a running rugby skilled game, but maybe we simply don't have the skill to execute this game anymore.
This 100%

Too often we force an extra pass that simply isn't on & if we just take the tackle & try again on the next phase we'll likely get across the line!

It's as if they forget there's no tackle country....

Status
Not open for further replies.